Nikki Sixx Weighs in on Axl Rose

10 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Slightly off topic, but last night Nikki was answering fan questions on Twitter. He got asked a couple times about Sixx AM, and he basically said he's been touring for 35+ years almost non stop, needs 3 surgeries, and has no plans to do much of anything for now. Also said he has no plans to tour for the next couple years! (Wow)

I actually feel bad for DJ. He hitched his wagon to Nikki, got a pretty good following with Sixx AM, now Nikki seems like he's bored with that now. I couldn't stand DJ in Guns, nor do I like Sixx AM music, but I do feel bad for the guy.

He can be the third guitarist for GN'R!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Who gives a remote shit what Nikki Sixx thinks about anything, let alone Axl Rose? 

Have any of you guys read his books? I have heard of them but I'm not a real reader.

I like a few of Crue's songs but I'm very selective. Their cover of Helter Skelter is about it for me.

Nikki didn't really say much about Axl besides "he's interesting" kind of a vague comment there. 

44 minutes ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

Have any of you guys read his books? I have heard of them but I'm not a real reader.

I like a few of Crue's songs but I'm very selective. Their cover of Helter Skelter is about it for me.

Nikki didn't really say much about Axl besides "he's interesting" kind of a vague comment there. 

I've read the Heroin Diaries. Kind of a must read if you're interested in the 80s tour life dancing with Mr Browstone. An eye opener and certainly doesn't glamorize it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

TL;DR version:

Nikki has noted that Axl is happier now he no longer has to work with DJ Ashba.

I don't think he's happier, he's just laughing his butt off at the whole thing. 

Ralphie May is going open the shows soon. 

23 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, if it helps balance things out a bit, I can't stand Nikki Sixx. I think he has a bigger ego than all the guys who played under the GNR name together.

Eh? He never comes across that way in interviews I've seen him do, just seems an intelligent, likeable dude. :shrugs:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Eh? He never comes across that way in interviews I've seen him do, just seems an intelligent, likeable dude. :shrugs:

I like Nikki also, he's funny and seems like a pretty honest guy about his struggles, etc,   and besides the GN'R fights or whatever, who or what band  doesn't  fight at times, I still love Nikki ,   Also I thought Nikki and the Crue helped GN'R w/their beginnings as a band, didn't they

Im not a very big crue fan, like just know 2 or 3 songs by them, nor I know so many details about Nikki, he seems like a cool guy and his posts on here are really good too, like he talks sense on here.

He din't say anything wrong 

But I have seen some interviews of him and he does seems like an arrogant person and he has this I am a Rockstar Fuck You attitude. 

Many people have read his book and all of them told me that his book was great, you did a good job @Nikki_Sixx

3 minutes ago, melina i said:

I like Nikki also, he's funny and seems like a pretty honest guy about his struggles, etc,   and besides the GN'R fights or whatever, who or what band  doesn't  fight at times, I still love Nikki ,   Also I thought Nikki and the Crue helped GN'R w/their beginnings as a band, didn't they

I agree, Nikki always comes across as a dry, humourous bloke to me. GN'R opened for the Crue in '87 on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour and the bands got on well by all accounts, then the Izzy/Vince thing happened and that soured their relationship to an extent, although the feud was always mainly between Vince/Axl, the rest pretty much kept out of it as I recall.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

TL;DR version:

Nikki has noted that Axl is happier now he no longer has to work with DJ Ashba.

Axl said he was still a big fan of the previous lineup, plus Axl wanted Dj to be included with this actual lineup.

He's happier because he's making a billion for playing stadiums around the world with his band and also with Angus.

Edited by Silent Jay