Nikki Sixx Weighs in on Axl Rose

2 hours ago, blonde_illusion said:

Really? Why not? I mean, aside from the whole Razzle thing. I've read The Dirt, but my memory is faded about Motley Crue.

The original split came when the rest of the band wanted to go in a heavier/bluesier direction (this was early 90s when grunge was taking off) and Vince wasn't on the same page, so they fired him, but over the years I think it's mainly been Vince/Tommy who have clashed, they seem to have a love/hate relationship. There's probably a lot of old wounds stemming from the Razzle incident as well, as it brought a lot of shame on the band.

2 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

The original split came when the rest of the band wanted to go in a heavier/bluesier direction (this was early 90s when grunge was taking off) and Vince wasn't on the same page, so they fired him, but over the years I think it's mainly been Vince/Tommy who have clashed, they seem to have a love/hate relationship. There's probably a lot of old wounds stemming from the Razzle incident as well, as it brought a lot of shame on the band.

Ah, I remember that. They fired Vince and brought in John Corabi. That was interesting, although I only know of a few songs he did. I was obsessed with Motley Crue for a good year in high school, and then I got bored with them. That's happened a lot with my musical tastes... but anyways. I've never really been a fan of Vince, even though him talking about his daughter's passing in the book was really sad. 

3 minutes ago, blonde_illusion said:

Ah, I remember that. They fired Vince and brought in John Corabi. That was interesting, although I only know of a few songs he did. I was obsessed with Motley Crue for a good year in high school, and then I got bored with them. That's happened a lot with my musical tastes... but anyways. I've never really been a fan of Vince, even though him talking about his daughter's passing in the book was really sad. 

The album they did with Corabi was fantastic, much more musically mature, it didn't really sound like Motley Crue though. Vince gets a lot of shit but he's been through some truly horrendous things in his life, Razzle's death and his Daughter passing at a young age, both of which must haunt the guy.

10 hours ago, tremolo said:

This seems to be what... 8 months months late? Nothing new there.

What?

Patton >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rose

As a singer, in creativity, artistic drive...

Patton/FNM never needed GNR for exposure, that's just delusional.

You're entitled to your opinion. 

The point I was making is, every time Patton opens his mouth, he sounds like a jackass because he can't stop bad mouthing Axl. 

Its lame, and it makes him look like a huge jackass when he easily could have had some integrity and not toured with guns if he had such an issue. It's not that hard to understand that concept. 

58 minutes ago, Bono said:

Celebrity says something nice about Axl and GnR fans praise said celebrity. Had celebrity said meh the reunion isn't really his thing and he'd prefer AC/DC to end then everyone who would bash said celebrity saying they are a piece of shit who's opinions aren't needed or wanted.  This thread is so typical. 

That's not what I'm saying at all. 

On 3/15/2017 at 11:09 PM, Bono said:

Celebrity says something nice about Axl and GnR fans praise said celebrity. Had celebrity said meh the reunion isn't really his thing and he'd prefer AC/DC to end then everyone who would bash said celebrity saying they are a piece of shit who's opinions aren't needed or wanted.  This thread is so typical. 

And of course these same statements show up in every thread that is based on a comment someone makes about Axl. I hate to tell you this, but the world does not revolve around Axl. People have opinions on other celebrities that have no or little relation to Guns n' Roses. When these celebrities are mentioned in a thread (or have a topic started about them) fans will share these opinions with others.

I am not see very many people suddenly praising Nikki Sixx here. There are some comments that it was cool of him to say something nice. Many comments randomly talking about him. A few comments mentioning whether or not they like his music. And some mentioning they are not interested in what he has to say. Not exactly everyone falling over themselves to love him because he talked nice about Axl.

Edited by sanity_lost
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 0:09 AM, Bono said:

Are you surprised?