Is West Arkeen's passing one (of many) reasons it's hard for these guys to do another album?

I don't think its "hard" for them to do another album. In fact it's probably very easy for these guys to write together, but primarily the money maker is touring... Sad but true.

once they've wrapped up this tour, I think we'll see new music... In what form? Who knows.

12 minutes ago, History2010 said:

"It's So Easy", "Crash Diet", "Bad Obsession", "The Garden" and "Yesterdays" were all co-written by West. So not "a lot" of their songs really. 

"It's So Easy" is such an amazing song.  I love the shreeky-Axl voice you can hear at certain parts of the chorus

He wrote a few songs but overall I'd say no, same for Izzy really. It makes it harder maybe? 

I have thought that one of reasons are successful as in their records are great high quality that have impact is because they take their time. They aren't going to put it out til it's decent. You can say UYI took 30 days and if they have the right idea and it works they'll release it. 

But so far they haven't come up with it or they working on it. Look at the 3 albums I would expect something different. Maybe that's the delay, next level takes time. 

Maybe not having West, Izzy in writing is part of it. I'm sure Slash thinks he can write a new GNR album. 

In some ways they already did enough, but on the other hand I think they can do it.

Izzy will return. Gimme some reggae. 

• Like 2

Axl's number is a little misleading because he has lyrics on a lot. 

It does show that Duff was involved much more than widely known. 

Izzy is the big loss. 

But Axl, Slash, Duff should be able to do a record with Fortus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wasted said:

hows that misleading? doesn't lyrics count or what? :lol:

No new music cause West arkeen died? cmon... :facepalm:

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

hows that misleading? doesn't lyrics count or what? :lol:

No new music cause West arkeen died? cmon... :facepalm:

Slash and Duff play on every song but they don't get a credit. Sometimes the lyrics/vocals could be just like Slash playing an Izzy riff or doing an awesome solo, or Duff slappin the bass on YCBM. 

It's just something to consider when you see Axl's number, he gets a credit for doing what is basically his job. Whereas as Slash and Duff don't. 

• Like 2

Sometimes I find it strange when people say "it's hard for these guys to do another album" Like how do you know? They've been reunited for about a year and on that time they've been mostly focused on touring. We don't know how fast these guys will release a new album once the tour is over.

Now Axl on his own has had trouble releasing albums, which is not even that surprising. Carrying the GNR name alone is a huge pressure. Also it seems like for many years now Axl's been considering reuniting with Slash and Duff, so that must've been one reason why he didn't feel like releasing CD2. What would be the point in releasing an album with a lineup that you don't see having any future.

If this band has problems releasing a new album in the future, it's not because of West Arkeens passing. It's because the pressure is so huge. People have such massive expectations for a GNR album. Oh and Axl's obligations with AC/DC might slow things down a bit, but West Arkeen has nothing to do with anything.

• Like 4

Axl's main problem with the release of CD seemed to be the sound of the record. Label didn't hear that GNR sound. Slash brings that. Of course there's still lyrics and vocals, but that's the benefit of Axl already having some material almost done. I'm sure Slash could record his stuff in a month. Axl might let Slash and Duff take the reins for recording. It's going to move back towards UYI soundwise. Is my wild stab in the dark! It will sound more like old school GNR. And that will smooth things out. 

Edited by wasted

20 minutes ago, wasted said:

Axl's main problem with the release of CD seemed to be the sound of the record. Label didn't hear that GNR sound. Slash brings that. Of course there's still lyrics and vocals, but that's the benefit of Axl already having some material almost done. I'm sure Slash could record his stuff in a month. Axl might let Slash and Duff take the reins for recording. It's going to move back towards UYI soundwise. Is my wild stab in the dark! It will sound more like old school GNR. And that will smooth things out. 

you're such a dreamer charlie. but let's cross our fingers

5 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

you're such a dreamer charlie. but let's cross our fingers

Just goin' down the only road I've ever known because I know what it means to walk along the lonely Street of Dreams 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wasted said:

It does show that Duff was involved much more than widely known. 

Izzy is the big loss. 

But Axl, Slash, Duff should be able to do a record with Fortus. 

I agree Izzy was the big loss. He may not be the best technical player but Damn he has the style and creativity to write a good song. Where are you Izzy?? 

I think Duff is a good technical player. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

I felt bored, so here's a list of everyone who has a songwriting credit for officially released Guns N' Roses songs, and the number of songs they have a credit for:

Axl Rose - 54

Izzy Stradlin - 30

Slash - 25

Duff McKagan - 20

Steven Adler - 16

Paul Tobias - 9

Dizzy Reed - 7

Robin Finck - 7

Tommy Stinson - 6

West Arkeen - 4

Buckethead - 3

Chris Weber - 3

Caram Costanzo - 3

Del James - 2

Josh Freese - 2

Bryan Mantia - 2

Chris Pitman - 2

Timo Caltia - 1

Dave Lank - 1

Billy McCloud - 1

Eric Caudieux - 1

Sean Riggs - 1

Pete Scaturro - 1

Songwriting credits? Steven Adler has ZERO in guns n roses. Where did you get the number 16 from?