Dizzy Reeds cut

8 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Eh, he's just stating a fact, the flame has been fading since long time ago.

yeah, its been fading really bad,

i think izzy really lost it,

he only released 10-plus cool rock n roll records on the last 20 years

thats too few for my liking

Now Dizzy Reed is a whole different story!

we all know how many cool records and songs Mr Dizzy Reed wrote!

Dizzy Reed, the guy who keeps the fire burning for rock n roll!

OP had my attention when I first thought it read "Dizzy Reed out" or "cut".  Oh well...and as far as his 'cut'/pay, I'm guessing that other than the big 3, everyone else is on some retainer contract deal.  With the pay scale order going-

Dizzy, Frank/Richard, Melissa.  And the big 3 are making the 3mil/show (as speculated).  I don't know if that is before or after merch sales and paying all the behind the scenes people or what...no clue.  Or does the promoter pay all those fees and the big 3 truly get the big 3 mil? 

30 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

There are more people to pay with these 3 millions than just the bandmembers. the whole GNR-Entourage, everyone that works for gnr.

They prob get the fee plus merch sales, and a smaller % of the net if the show is profitable. Gotta pay the other band members, tour managers, people on payroll, vendors, etc,  Then you have agents, management for each member, etc... lots of hands in the pie. Then you get taxed... 

It requires accountants on tour the entire time. Gotta pay them too 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

I hope Dizzy isn't hard up on cash... just because I don't find him overly needed in the band, he still tours and does his thing. 

Didn't he get divorced in the recent past? That could hurt his bottom line. 

Edited by cooker

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Id rather listen to Izzys teeth song than a band called Hookers and Blow

All seriousness, this quote was a long time ago...

Click on this only if you have a good health insurance plan 

• Like 3

On 15/03/2017 at 9:00 PM, blackrose87 said:

So we all know the big 3 are milking it with this "reunion" with stories speculating millions per show with the rest of the band I guess on some sort of generic contracts. I'm curious as to the  status of Dizzy .The guy's been  a silent loyal follower to Axl for 25 years or so. Surely he must be higher up the pecking order than say Melissa or Frank? :shrugs: 

He's on the same salary as Melissa, Richard and frank... I almost guarantee it.

19 hours ago, History2010 said:

Pitman earned 163k in 2011. 

So Dizzy should probably be paid decent money. After all these years he has hopefully received a raise or two. 163k or more a year to tour stadiums across the world sounds like a pretty cool gig to me lol. 

No shit! I'd be happy with that too! Traveling all over the world on someone else's dime and playing music. Sign me up! 

• Like 1

The main point i was trying to get at with my origianl post was that for a guy thats been in the band since 89/90 as an "official" memeber and played on every record since the illusions could simply be a contract worker in the band during this tour and also in the last 10-15 years. Would he have any extra influence on band decisions etc.

Edited by blackrose87