New Adler interview except from Rolling Stone

4 hours ago, AlexC said:

The fact that he doesn't want to comment or, as he put it, literally can't, is good news. If he had no future with them he wouldn't give a fuck.

No. It could also mean they could sue his ass, if he was breaking some contract.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Steven said himself that he doesn't want to play anymore gigs unless he got to play more songs and/or if Izzy gets involved and they do an AFD5 reunion of some sort. He said he'd bet Fernando will have some cool ideas for the 30th anniversary

He also said he told Slash to ask Axl if they couldn't do a special show for the Appetite anniversary or something like that.

Not getting my hopes up, though, we'll see when the time comes. I just want Steven to be healthy and happy.

And yeah, as some people already mentioned, he didn't "talk shit" about the other three. He gave his opinion, shared his feelings and said A LOT of wonderful things about everyone (except for Melissa and the other keyboard player, I don't think he mentioned them).  Steven and Izzy are not responsible for the things WE say here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Or this also means there may be light at the end of the tunnel, sometime in near future? :P 

One can always hope, right?

It was awesome seeing him at Dodger Stadium, I hope more fans get the joy of seeing him rock out with the others on stage in the near future.  

I wish I was a fly on the wall behind the scenes so I can know what the hell is going on lol

Sounds like the article is being turned into sensationalist clickbait-

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler says that he can no longer speak in detail about what it was like to finally perform with the band again for the first time in 26 years during the 2016 leg of the "Not In This Lifetime" tour.

Last month, Adler revealed that he was originally supposed to appear at more than just a handful of shows on the GUNS N' ROSES reunion trek. He told the "One On One With Mitch Lafon" podcast that he expected to sit behind the drum kit for all the "Appetite For Destruction" material during the entire tour, only to be told he was out after he hurt his back during rehearsals. "[Bassist] Duff [McKagan] called me and said, 'Dude, you're not gonna play with us anymore,'" Adler said. "'You're not gonna do these shows.' And I was, like, 'You're the worst fucking person in the world.'"

In a brand new interview with Rolling Stone, Adler declined to discuss specifics about what happened between him and GUNS N' ROSES. "I had the best experience last year playing with them last year," he said. "I wish Izzy [Stradlin, guitar] was there, but it was so great since I finally got to have some closure. It was wonderful. I don't have nothing else to say about it. I'm really sorry. That's all I can tell you. There's nothing to say. I literally, literally honest to god literally, I can't even tell you why I can't tell you any more. Literally, okay? I really can't. I just can't."

Adler appeared with GUNS N' ROSES onstage last November in Buenos Aires, Argentina, as well as on three separate occasions during the U.S. leg of the "Not In This Lifetime" tour last summer.

This marked Adler's first appearance with GUNS N' ROSES since 1990, although he performed with members of the band at their 2012 induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Speculation about Adler having some sort of involvement in the GUNS N' ROSES reunion has been rampant ever since the band made it official with a surprise April 1, 2016 show at The Troubadour in Los Angeles.

The regular GUNS N' ROSES drummer for several years has been Frank Ferrer, who is also part of the current lineup that boasts classic-GN'R members Axl Rose, Slash and McKagan.

Adler was thrown out of GUNS N' ROSES in 1990 due to his heavy drug use, a problem he struggled with for years after his dismissal.

It sounds like Adler got a gag order from TB, but who knows?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Słash said:

It was a mixture of Coffee powder and Sugar

If you call yourself a founding member of Starbucks then well even I am a founding member of it, from 1999 to 2014 you were just able to sell the same branded coffee cause you sold it through the Starbucks name, but the reality was that the coffee was crappy and all these years you could just come with one product named as the Chinese Coffee 

You wasted millions of dollars for this one product, you gave false promises to your customers and even your employees that you will finally release this new Chinese Coffee, but you kept on delaying it. 

LOL

Coffee-Gate

• Like 2

14 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Nope. The guy is fucking utterly ridiculous. I don't think he has any future with GNR. I believe he was reminded by certain channels that he signed a contract to not speak on GNR and it probably stated in that contract that he couldn't even talk about signing the contract. I doubt that contract expired. He has been given notice to shut the fuck up.

Bingo. Steven is very annoying at times though I do like him. I sincerely doubt he will have anything further to do with this band though. I know a few others here seem to think otherwise but he's a major liability to this cash machine they're calling GnR. It's way easier for them to keep Frank on the payroll. Ditto with Izzy. Less hassle and more cash for the partners. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Modano09 said:

So he shot off, as expected, and they offered him more appearances to shut up?

No chance if you ask me. Going by Axl's track record, Steven's probably back in the wilderness again with the guns camp. Since Duff is doing all of Axl's dirty work now, I'm guessing he had the lawyers fire off a warning for Adler to shut it or get sued.

GnR's litigation team do not mess around given the deafening silence of all the ex-nu guns members. Aside from Tommy, none of them open up.

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EvH said:

5 hours ago, EvH said:

I find it interesting how you can apparently call former members of GNR (1995-2015 GNR was GNR, sorry if it irks you) "a bunch of clowns", like it's nothing.

What else can you call a bunch of clowns, if not 'a bunch of clowns' ?
I find it interesting how you can apparently call the '96-'15 circus 'GNR', like it's nothing.

Edited by Nikki_Sixx
  • Like 4

On 16.03.2017 at 7:29 PM, xBrownstonex said:

No. It could also mean they could sue his ass, if he was breaking some contract.

This!

Also it's very funny when people say that his interviews were really nothing special, oh yeah, only just half of this message board got completely hysterical and began either selling their tickets or promising to never buy them again :rofl-lol: That's how respectful to the big three his comments were. :rofl-lol:

And please don't idolize the guy whose brain is in such condition that he's going around and promoting a book about himself that he has no fucking idea what is written inside because his mother who fucked him over a million times before told him it's all good and that's what he should be doing :facepalm:

Considering he has read three books in his life it is pretty obvious his brain was never a fully finctioning organ but now it's just a total ruin :facepalm:

The logical conclusion to reach is the following: 1) Steven signed a 12 month contract in January 2016 that prevented him from speaking to the press 2) Following the conclusion of that 12 month period, he went to the press with his desire to either play more songs with the existing band or play with the original five 3) The band is going to grant his wish, but only if he signs another 12 month contract, effective immediately, whereby he can't speak to the press

OK, now here is another conclusion based on the fact that we are GNR fans, and as a GNR fan it is an unwritten rule that you are going to be screwed over by Axl Rose, as has been the case since 1990.  1) Axl, in his typical overly sensitive fashion, got very hurt by what Steven said to the press following the conclusion of his 12 month contract 2) Team Brazil, at Axl's direction, put Steven on another 12 month contract simply to keep him quiet 3) Over the next 12 months, the chances of Steven playing the drums on stage with GNR are about the same as any of us on this blog playing the drums on stage with GNR

Remember, the default option when there is a decision to be made is to screw over the greatest majority of fans...people, don't get your hopes up too much...we are likely getting screwed again.

• Like 3

On 16/03/2017 at 10:38 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

"talking shit". That's a unique way of putting it.:lol: I don't know and do not wish to know what conditions and manners you were brought up with in whatever country you live in, but here someones feelings are no ones business but your own. And most importantly, Steven is not talking bullshit or spewing lies or whatever you wanna make it out to be with calling it "talking shit", fact of the matter is he (conveniently for GNR) left out the part of him being heartbroken seeing Frank play his songs and flying all the way to Argentina and turned into a straight "it was the best of time!". This is (obviously) convenient for GNR, but that doesn't make it right gringo. He should be allowed to speak what he feels no matter what the deal is, but someone always got to get anal about it so it's sort of understandable in some way.

The fact he does so implies he made a deal with the band in some way, and judging by what he said earlier he would only guest with them again if he got more songs and/or Izzy was around, which makes this very exciting. Also the irony of calling me a know-it-all and then following up one of your posts just a few posts below with 'it get's tired schooling people all day' directly implying you know-it-all was not lost on me.:lol:

Steven has been talking shit for years and that comes from someone who used to know him (me).

Steven was heartbroken? Maybe Axl was heartbroken when Axl invited him to a NUGNR show and talked and drank tequila with him all night only to have Steven call him and the band out in the press. Could that be possible? Could be, but you don't want to hear about that. Who cares about Evil Axl and his worshippers, right?

On 16/03/2017 at 0:20 PM, Słash said:

It was a mixture of Coffee powder and Sugar

If you call yourself a founding member of Starbucks then well even I am a founding member of it, from 1999 to 2014 you were just able to sell the same branded coffee cause you sold it through the Starbucks name, but the reality was that the coffee was crappy and all these years you could just come with one product named as the Chinese Coffee 

You wasted millions of dollars for this one product, you gave false promises to your customers and even your employees that you will finally release this new Chinese Coffee, but you kept on delaying it. 

We take our time with our coffee, we want it to taste as good as possible. Not everyone will like our new coffee, but not sure why people get so upset about it. It's just coffee.

On 16/03/2017 at 0:14 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Well. Apparently, should he really be involved in some AFD anniversary thing as you assume, he can or could. He talked shit (which wasn't really shit to begin with) and now supposedly they involved him in some anniversary celebration, despite talking shit  previously. Did they include him because he talked shit (and they wanted him to stop talking shit, so they threw him another bone) or did his shit talking not have any consequences for him, other than getting an assurance that he indeed would be part of that celebration? Or maybe he is not involved, but his talking about GNR could cause some fines for him due to the contract he signed and he got reminded of that?

Yeah, not too far away from what I think, but I'll clarify... He has obviously been warned to watch his mouth, why else is he refusing to speak about GN'R and saying he can't tell us why he's refusing to talk about GNR? We need to just read between the lines and see what works or not.

For what reason? I think because he will be playing with them again, so they have advised him of that possibility (which he may not have known of before) and that he shouldn't ruin it for himself. The consequences are clear, no? Carry on as you are and you won't be involved in what we have planned. That's a theory of course, he could have been told that if he doesn't stop talking GN'R business he will be sued. But I don't think so, I think they are trying to get some shows together with Steven and Izzy. Time will tell how that goes. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

What else can you call a bunch of clowns, if not 'a bunch of clowns' ?
I find it interesting how you can apparently call the '96-'15 circus 'GNR', like it's nothing.

And who are you exactly to make this kind of statement? 

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I can make whatever statement I want.  GNR hasn't put a gag order on me (yet) like they do with some of their founding members.

Oh sure. But then it's simply your opinion, not a fact.

You consider them to be "a bunch of clowns", that doesn't make it true.