New Adler interview except from Rolling Stone

"If we did it the right way, yes. I can't watch somebody… I will share the stage with Frank any day. I'll do the 'Appetite' stuff, which is the great stuff anyways and the fun stuff anyways, and I'll do the 'Lies' stuff, I'll do a couple of 'Illusions' [songs], and let Frank, in the middle of the set, play the 'Chinese Democracy' stuff, some of the 'Illusions' stuff. If we split it, I wouldn't mind sharing the stage with him at all. I mean, if that's what it came down to, I'm cool with that. He's a great guy. [But] I can't [just play one or two songs per show anymore]. It's just too hard. It's too hard. I wanna play more, and I want Izzy to be there. It was the five of us that made magic, and I know we can make that magic again, 'cause it's just who we are. Even though we're twenty-five years older, I know if we got in a room together and started playing, it would be fucking magic."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I obviously misunderstood to go to Australia and Japan and, I think, Thailand. And then, I was all, 'Yeah, I would love to do that.' But then I found out that it was either one. It was either, 'You can either come to Australia or you can go to Japan or you can go to Thailand.' And I said, 'I can't do that.' But, like I said, I got some closure, and I'm thankful I got to do what I did."

Steven NEVER tried to save face by claiming he won't be playing with them again unless Izzy is involved. He obviously wants Izzy there where he belongs (who doesn't?) but he made it clear that he doesn't wanna play just one or two songs or travel to play one gig anymore. If they're willing to let him play more, of course he'll be there. I think it's pretty clear in that last quote. But whatever...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I don't think anything these guys touch can tarnish anything. Everything they touch turns to gold. Especially when doing it together. I wouldn't want AFD2. I still want the epic songs mixed in. They can also have Sorum or someone like Josh Freese help out

I want to believe that but they kind of failed in 96. And all have voiced complaints about UYI at some point. But we fans have liked it so hey. 

But if it's AFD line up, it has't been tested. There's no way to guarantee all they touch turns to gold because they only did 1 record and a half. And all that is gold. But it's not like a consistent run of 10 records. It's one legendary record which was a unique situation and it all worked out. It still sounds awesome today. So I think we as fans believe but the media is waiting to say "not as good as the old stuff, maybe these guys just got lucky". But if they just leave it they don't have to deal with those expectations. The hybrid with maybe Izzy writing credits might be a way to revisit it without actually opening themselves up to it. Just like live Izzy turned up or Steven for a song but not risking it all. 

But they could go all in when there's nothing to lose? 

Axl has ressurected his rep with the reunion and DC tours. So he maybe getting round to it. It's almost like it was offered to Izzy. 

Also it seems like it's more Duff and Slash's decision on Steven. And Izzy is notoriously mecurial, he's right in a way, the AFD5 should be equal loot. But that line up isn't reliable enough for promoters to trust them. I like that. That line up still has that danger. So when and if it happens it will live up to expectations. It can of goes against the new mature GNR though, it's might be scary to feel that danger and atmosphere from the fans when you aren't in it anymore. I think they can dettach now and play the songs like a homage to what they achieved for the fans. That's why it'd be cool if they can write a record for the present. Where is GNR in 2020?

• Like 1

lol to the ones who want to console themselves with "Axl, Slash and Duff are enough for me" :lol:

I would love to see them walking out of the venue in protest for Steven's presence :rofl-lol:

This is my video from last time Steven played with GN'R. It was fuckin' awesome and people let the Big Three "know" we wanted more :hahafyou:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This is my video from last time Steven played with GN'R. It was fuckin' awesome and people let the Big Three "know" we wanted more :hahafyou:

And the "Big Three" let us know they don't give a shit about what we want :lol:

I would have killed to see Rocket Queen and/or Mr. Brownstone properly played :(

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

And the "Big Three" let us know they don't give a shit about what we want :lol:

I would have killed to see Rocket Queen and/or Mr. Brownstone properly played :(

We'll see the brilliant ideas Fernando got for the AFD anniversary.... Maybe he borrowed them from the Argie audience? :wow:

*so what'll happen to us baby, guess we'll have to wait and see * :devilshades:

P.S.: I would have grabbed anything, really, just wanted a couple more songs, any of them.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

We'll see the brilliant ideas Fernando got for the AFD anniversary.... Maybe he borrowed them from the Argie audience? :wow:

*so what'll happen to us baby, guess we'll have to wait and see * :devilshades:

P.S.: I would have grabbed anything, really, just wanted a couple more songs, any of them.

Not to defend the mighty Fernie (?) but even if he has the greatest plans for the anniversary, Axl has to agree. We'll see how it goes.

Me too, I wanted him to play a bit more, even if it was the same two songs both nights. Just give the guy a few more minutes to enjoy!

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

Not to defend the mighty Fernie (?) but even if he has the greatest plans for the anniversary, Axl has to agree. We'll see how it goes.

Fernie has got the Axl grabbed by the balls... :rofl-lol:

I think it's gonna happen but I don't wanna jinx it so I better lipsrsealed.gif

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

i think it's gonna happen too 

my feeling is that they have or will begin negotiations with izzy and soon is the word  

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Hope that's not literal :o

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

3 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Stop being positive, this is a GNR forum! You're making me nervous!! :nervous:

9 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

my feeling is that they have or will begin negotiations with izzy and soon is the word  

Same. Except I think Izzy is already in.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

lol to the ones who want to console themselves with "Axl, Slash and Duff are enough for me" :lol:

I would love to see them walking out of the venue in protest for Steven's presence :rofl-lol:

Just because some people are content with Axl, Slash and Duff doesn't mean that they wouldn't welcome Steven and/or Izzy back.

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't share the optimism. The way Steven said he can't talk combined with him repeating that he got closure, doesn't lead me to believe that it's going to happen.

Didn't he also say he was retired? 

Too many interviews.

9 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Didn't he also say he was retired? 

Too many interviews.

Yeah he seems t give so many different answers and what not but like, who cares? Usually the drummer is the strangest guy in the average rock band so, I don't expect Steven to be normal, and yet he can clearly play some of these songs properly, unlike Frank. He should be there

14 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Just because some people are content with Axl, Slash and Duff doesn't mean that they wouldn't welcome Steven and/or Izzy back.

I felt the same way but it all just seems a little suspicious. Steven being silenced, the bill burr interview being put off or cancelled?, izzy's silence and thanking mygnrforum, Steven hanging out with slash...

I'm not getting my hopes up but at least things seem better than they were a year ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

He's retired unless there's an opportunity to play in an established band or to do something with GNR "the right way".

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah he seems t give so many different answers and what not but like, who cares? Usually the drummer is the strangest guy in the average rock band so, I don't expect Steven to be normal, and yet he can clearly play some of these songs properly, unlike Frank. He should be there

Alrighty then:lol:

Like I said, too many interviews and I'm not following each anymore so he's retired but not really. Ok.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I felt the same way but it all just seems a little suspicious. Steven being silenced, the bill burr interview being put off or cancelled?, izzy's silence and thanking mygnrforum, Steven hanging out with slash...

I'm not getting my hopes up but at least things seem better than they were a year ago.

And don't forget Izzy deleting his "not involved in April shows" and "loot" tweets.

Why are you guys doing this to me? I don't want to have any expectations! :unsure:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Alrighty then:lol:

Like I said, too many interviews and I'm not following each anymore so he's retired but not really. Ok.

Well if you're really that confused, still, you should hire the MyGNR CSI team. Maybe they can figure it out :lol: