New Adler interview except from Rolling Stone

3 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

If those two had any say in this 'band', Frank wouldn't even be there :facepalm:

We all know which clown runs this circus...

How do you know that? Have you spoken with them? They chose to rejoin the band and worked with Frank and Richard to play the songs the way they wanted them played, not the way the last lineups played them. The band have already discussed this, so you are wrong mate, frank plays the way Slash and duff want him to play, so maybe you should get them back on heroin too, while you're acting like Mr Brownstone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MADDOGJONES said:

How do you know that? Have you spoken with them? They chose to rejoin the band and worked with Frank and Richard to play the songs the way they wanted them played, not the way the last lineups played them. The band have already discussed this, so you are wrong mate, frank plays the way Slash and duff want him to play, so maybe you should get them back on heroin too, while you're acting like Mr Brownstone.

They didn't choose anything.  Axl let them back in.  Frank plays exactly like he's been playing for the last 10 years, maybe even worse.

I have yet to see the 'band' discuss the issue of rejoining the 'band' and who else gets to play and how they play.

Please show me where they discussed this ?

5 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

They didn't choose anything.  Axl let them back in.  Frank plays exactly like he's been playing for the last 10 years, maybe even worse.

I have yet to see the 'band' discuss the issue of rejoining the 'band' and who else gets to play and how they play.

Please show me where they discussed this ?

What are you talking about? Ridiculous semantics! Axl let them back? So they didn't choose to come back? Maybe think before you present your ideas, you aren't making sense, you just want to be right about everything, which must disappointing for you since you're wrong on so much.

Search it out yourself I'm not combing through videos and interviews for you. "They" have discussed rehearsals and choosing to play the songs how duff and slash play them instead of how they were played in the recent lineups. Which also, is fucking obvious

Frank is not playing the same way he has played for the last 10 years. He's playing how duff and slash (who are in charge of the getting the music down) want him to play with them. You don't like that so you'd rather believe in fantasy but sorry, baba, the world don't work that way. You could maybe write some fan fiction or something but apart from that you're shit out of luck on facts.

1 hour ago, MADDOGJONES said:

You can't talk shit about your employer and not expect consequences.

I agree. However, he wasn't talking shit... if anything, he was praising everyone, including that drummer and newish guitarist.

4 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

What are you talking about? Ridiculous semantics! Axl let them back? So they didn't choose to come back? Maybe think before you present your ideas, you aren't making sense, you just want to be right about everything, which must disappointing for you since you're wrong on so much.

Search it out yourself I'm not combing through videos and interviews for you. "They" have discussed rehearsals and choosing to play the songs how duff and slash play them instead of how they were played in the recent lineups. Which also, is fucking obvious

Frank is not playing the same way he has played for the last 10 years. He's playing how duff and slash (who are in charge of the getting the music down) want him to play with them. You don't like that so you'd rather believe in fantasy but sorry, baba, the world don't work that way. You could maybe write some fan fiction or something but apart from that you're shit out of luck on facts.

Ok then ! :facepalm:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I agree. However, he wasn't talking shit... if anything, he was praising everyone, including that drummer and newish guitarist.

He was being passive aggressive in my opinion but that's not really my point. My point is people being outraged that GNR have the right to request or demand he keep his mouth shut. Of course they have that right if Steve wants to work with them again or they have him under contract. 

2 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Ok then ! :facepalm:

Great reply! Did my post sting a little? Sorry about that. 

2 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

He was being passive aggressive in my opinion but that's not really my point. My point is people being outraged that GNR have the right to request or demand he keep his mouth shut. Of course they have that right if Steve wants to work with them again or they have him under contract. 

I understand that. But we can't pretend now that the interviews with Lafon and Trunk didn't happen. If GN'R wanted Adler to shut the fuck up. They reacted too late. Adler not talking to RS doesn't change anything

1 minute ago, MADDOGJONES said:

They all have the right to do whatever they want, that includes GnR telling him to cool it down and that includes Steven saying whatever he wants. But I get your point.

I don't agree that he was being passive aggressive, though. I've listened to the interview, he went out of his way saying nice things about everyone, even saying he understands that he didn't get to hang out with Axl because he needs his time to prepare for the show because he's so passioned. If anything, he was being very honest... saying he doesn't want to travel the world for two songs, makes sense. Saying next time he wants to do it the right way and for him the right way is with the original line up, makes sense too. There's nothing wrong with being honest, I know that in GnR world that's not often the case, but it's great Steven is able to say it how it is without badmouthing anyone and still being respectful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I understand that. But we can't pretend now that the interviews with Lafon and Trunk didn't happen. If GN'R wanted Adler to shut the fuck up. They reacted too late. Adler not talking to RS doesn't change anything

Maybe not but for Steven to once again stop talking tells me something is in the works for him to come back again... I've got to assume that they're trying with Izzy as well then but, who knows. And regardless, it's not like Adler said anything that bad in those interviews to begin with so... the closest to bad that Axl or anyone would get offended about was that Richard and Melissa were "ghosts" and that's how Axl likes it, or I guess the "Axl kicked everyone out and made it his band" comment but who are we kidding, a lot of people have felt that way. Including people in the band now... Axl needs to just talk to steven already.

Edited by Billsfan

2 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

No, you have got it completely the wrong way around.

I can say whatever I want, because I don't work for GNR, I'm just some idiot on a forum.

Steven can say whatever he wants too, but if he wants to play with GN'R again the future he cannot, clearly, as shown in this recent interview.

Jesus, it gets tiring schooling people all day.

Well. Apparently, should he really be involved in some AFD anniversary thing as you assume, he can or could. He talked shit (which wasn't really shit to begin with) and now supposedly they involved him in some anniversary celebration, despite talking shit  previously. Did they include him because he talked shit (and they wanted him to stop talking shit, so they threw him another bone) or did his shit talking not have any consequences for him, other than getting an assurance that he indeed would be part of that celebration? Or maybe he is not involved, but his talking about GNR could cause some fines for him due to the contract he signed and he got reminded of that?

2 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

You were taking anything you could get your hands on, but I think Speedballs, which are a mix of heroin and cocaine, were your favorite.

Yes, we have had some tough years, but also great successes, we served Coffee to 300,000 people at the Rock In Rio festival and to 55,000 at the tokyo dome, both sold out (just to mention a little). We have always been Starbucks though and right now Starbucks is doing great.

It was a mixture of Coffee powder and Sugar

If you call yourself a founding member of Starbucks then well even I am a founding member of it, from 1999 to 2014 you were just able to sell the same branded coffee cause you sold it through the Starbucks name, but the reality was that the coffee was crappy and all these years you could just come with one product named as the Chinese Coffee 

You wasted millions of dollars for this one product, you gave false promises to your customers and even your employees that you will finally release this new Chinese Coffee, but you kept on delaying it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Maybe not but for Steven to once again stop talking tells me something is in the works for him to come back again... I've got to assume that they're trying with Izzy as well then but, who knows. And regardless, it's not like Adler said anything that bad in those interviews to begin with so... the closest to bad that Axl or anyone would get offended about was that Richard and Melissa were "ghosts" and that's how Axl likes it, or I guess the "Axl kicked everyone out and made it his band" comment but who are we kidding, a lot of people have felt that way. Including people in the band now... Axl needs to just talk to steven already.

I don't think Adler said a lot of bad things. But it seems there was some lack of coordination or comunication between Adler and the camp. Adler understood he could talk. Well now we find out that wasn't the case. And I don't dare to dream about the AFD line up together on stage, not yet

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't think Adler said a lot of bad things. But it seems there was some lack of coordination or comunication between Adler and the camp. Adler understood he could talk. Well now we find out that wasn't the case. And I don't dare to dream about the AFD line up together on stage, not yet

If it wasn't for Alder's history of shooting off I don't think it'd be a big deal, but to the rest of the band it probably feels like Adler just complaining publicly, again.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Padme said:

Yeah I don't either, it really depends on how things go with what the band wants to do for the 30th anniversary and also what Izzy wants to do. But hey, we got a nice 3 month break so that should be plenty of time to figure it out.. clearly the band still sees him as "in" the mix still, still involved. So, that's good news..

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

If it wasn't for Alder's history of shooting off I don't think it'd be a big deal, but to the rest of the band it probably feels like Adler just complaining publicly, again.

Well clearly they still want Steven involved, otherwise who cares what he says? And think about it, why should Steven care either? Steven said himself that he doesn't want to play anymore gigs unless he got to play more songs and/or if Izzy gets involved and they do an AFD5 reunion of some sort. He said he'd bet Fernando will have some cool ideas for the 30th anniversary... the fact that he now suddenly doesn't want to say anything furtherly seems like a good thing. So when ya think about it, it makes sense.

So Steven, keep your mouth shut, pretty please, because you deserve to be in this and we want you in this! Now, lets hope that over the next 3 months they can finally work something out with Izzy

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 3