The True Story Behind 14 Years

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

saw it in 2012 on the second london show was fucking awesome! 

remember when izzy showed up and helped axl when he needed a most needed credibility boost glad it works like a two way street

it is indeed one of my favorite songs and outside of izzy's amazing fronting on it complimented by axl's amazing chorus, i can say that the piano on the song is what makes it the best - axl should have dedicated more time to piano on songs, its clear that he has the best way of complimenting a song well with piano such as here and in one in a million, dizzy was not a necessary addition to the band at all 

BTW sidman69 your videos and analyses of guns' songs are excellent, insightful and much appreciated 

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it! BTW that cover of 14 years is horrendous, you were right. 

Izzy's comments about how he and Axl both wrote a similar song always stuck me as Izzy being sarcastic.  That he believed Axl was scheming somehow and Izzy was being patient or just going along to get along / get an album out.  

Which brings me to my next point:

The bitternes and paranoia in Izzy's lyrics is somehow, and likely shamefully so, very grounding

• Like 1

23 hours ago, soon said:

Izzy's comments about how he and Axl both wrote a similar song always stuck me as Izzy being sarcastic.  That he believed Axl was scheming somehow and Izzy was being patient or just going along to get along / get an album out.  

Which brings me to my next point:

The bitternes and paranoia in Izzy's lyrics is somehow, and likely shamefully so, very grounding

that's a little skeptical, it didn't read like that to me, it's that UNCANNINESS that they have that can't be replicated

everyone is going to say that adler doesn't know shit but when he says the 5 of them are magic he is not wrong 

• Like 1

Thank you @sidman69 one of my favourite songs.

@soon it always struck me that it was little too much of a coincidence that they had the same title for a song, perhaps Izzy did go along with in an effort to get the song in the can :shrugs:

Glad to see the at the O2 arena clip Axl had his own microphone, it always seemed to me that when Izzy and Axl shared the mic in the past Axl would hog it and drown out Izzy's voice, in return Izzy would just be eyeballing him. ?

image.jpg

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 7:00 PM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

saw it in 2012 on the second london show was fucking awesome! 

remember when izzy showed up and helped axl when he needed a most needed credibility boost glad it works like a two way street

Remember when izzy needed money so Axl helped him out and paid him to appear with guns n roses as a guest? Shame izzy doesn't repay the fans and Axl for their support by appearing with the band again. Very selfish.

See how it works? Ridiculous, right?

it's a shame you can't say something nice about izzy without saying something negative about Axl. Guess you just like stirring the pot, very strange behaviour for a fan.

7 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Remember when izzy needed money so Axl helped him out and paid him to appear with guns n roses as a guest? Shame izzy doesn't repay the fans and Axl for their support by appearing with the band again. Very selfish.

it's a shame you can't say something nice about izzy without saying something negative about Axl. Guess you just like stirring the pot, very strange behaviour for a fan.

hey funny guy im not engaging with you 

but since you want to bring it 

i will repeat what i said before 

your nose is so far up axl's ass you eat his shit for breakfast 

my posts are in line with an informed fan 

yours appear to come with some payback as your relentless trolling posts although attempted to be disguised with humor

are boring as  fuck out so fuck ***

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

hey funny guy im not engaging with you 

but since you want to bring it 

i will repeat what i said before 

your nose is so far up axl's ass you eat his shit for breakfast 

my posts are in line with an informed fan 

yours appear to come with some payback as your relentless trolling although attempted to be disguised with humor

are boring as  fuck out so fuck ***

Never trolled anyone on this forum or personally insulted anyone on this forum. Your post is disgusting, can you not get your point across without being crass? Or insulting other forum members or band members?

1 minute ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Never trolled anyone on this forum or personally insulted anyone on this forum. Your post is disgusting, can you not get your point across without being crass? Or insulting other forum members or band members?

oh yeah im sure you are so offended 

buddy, find a juke box and put some quarters in it 

9 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Hate to break it to you, but the bootlicker slot in Axl's entourage is already filled by Del James. Great job auditioning for the job though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Hate to break it to you, but the bootlicker slot in Axl's entourage is already filled by Del James. Great job auditioning for the job though. 

Not sure why you're derailing the thread with personal insults. If you want to insult me and people who work with GNR you should do it so as not to ruin each and every thread for everyone else.

i actually don't mind this junior, he's points are so dumb that it makes this whole episode momentarily funny 

admins can we not see that he has no point in his posts and that they are clear strategic unwavering derailment although he will deny and say the opposite everytime 

i've said enough recently but he should be banned solely due to non-conversational posts 

9 minutes ago, RONIN said:

He is best ignored, I cant take him seriously enough to respond to him with anything other than gifs or memes & I just realised I cant even be assed doing that.    

• Like 3