Ranking of Izzy's songs broken down by albums / currently 'Miami'

int8

1 hour ago, int8 said:

Because we want to sort songs from worst to best. In 1st round 'Take a Look at the Guy' got the most votes so it takes 10th place. In 2nd round probably BoT is gonna drop out taking 9th place. Etc.

Hide contents

I understand confusion cause sometimes I don't even know what I mean :facepalm:  

BTW, I'm afraid I'm using word 'ranking' wrong. Could a native speaker tell me if word 'ranking' can be used as a noun? 

Is it correct If I say "we're doing ranking", meaning "we're doing list"? I checked the dictionary but I'm still confused :question:

You're using it correctly. :)

• Like 1

Today we must say goodbye to 'Pressure Drop' and 'Bucket o' Trouble'.

"Pressure Drop" (Frederick Hibbert): "That's one of my favorite reggae songs ever. Originally we were going to cover it reggae style, but it was just too good. I figured we'd just fuck it up, so we just turned it completely around. But to give people an idea of where it came from, we put a little bit of the original version at the end."

"Bucket O' Trouble" (Stradlin): "That's a real slammer."

Remaining songs from which you can chose your least favorite:

Somebody Knockin 
      Time Gone By
      Shuffle It All
      Train Tracks
      How Will It Go
      Cuttin' the Rug    2
      Come On Now Inside

9.   Bucket o' Trouble    3
9.   Pressure Drop    3
10. Take a Look at the Guy  

The voting ends on the 21st of March, at 11:00 p.m. (UTC+1). 

___

I really don't know. I have 'Ju Ju Hounds' on my list of 'albums I can listen to all the way through without skipping any songs' and it's not easy for record to get there...

I guess Cuttin' the Rug :shrugs:

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

You're using it correctly. :)

Thanks, @Kris_1989 :)  

• Like 1

Cutting The Rug is no longer with us :unsure:

"Cuttin' A Rug" (Stradlin): "We had a real good time recording this. When we went to Chicago, the hotel we stayed at would have live music every night and all these people would be there, laughing, buzzing and dancing. When we went out, we'd pass all these reggae, rock, thrash, punk and jazz clubs on Clark street where people were just having a good time. Being in L.A. I'd forgotten how it was in some towns where the music scene thrives seven days a week and people are cuttin' a rug. This is just a fun song about loosening up."

Somebody Knockin 
      Time Gone By
      Shuffle It All
      Train Tracks
      How Will It Go  
      Come On Now Inside  1

8.   Cuttin' the Rug    6
9.   Bucket o' Trouble    
9.   Pressure Drop    
10. Take a Look at the Guy  

The voting ends on the 22nd of March, at 11:00 p.m. (UTC+1). 

____

Now what? :violin:

10 minutes ago, int8 said:

Somebody Knockin 
      Time Gone By
      Shuffle It All
      Train Tracks
      How Will It Go  
      Come On Now Inside  1

____

Now what? :violin:

giphy.gif

I. JUST. CAN'T. 

My vote is Come on now inside. seriously I seem to be running completely against you guys, you eliminating my favourites, ?I love train tacks. 

Go rewatch the video, ? I dare you to vote it out ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Archtop said:

My vote is Come on now inside. seriously I seem to be running completely against you guys, you eliminating my favourites, ?I love train tacks. 

Haha I feel the same! Some of my favorites are already out. About Train Tracks, for me, is by far the best song on this album. It is perfect till the end. The guitar interplay between Izzy and Rick is insane. So it surprises me too to see it voted so soon, but it just shows how different our tastes are after all. 

I vote for Come on now inside. I love that song with a passion but I have to vote and I can live without it as long as I have How will it go.

• Like 1

I totally regret voting Cuttin' The Rug now. It was gonna lose anyway but it's one of my favorite songs on the album, I shouldn't have voted for it! :facepalm:

I'm voting for Time Gone By this time. All I really know is I wanna see How Will It Go and Shuffle It All get really far in this!

Btw, I can't believe Been A Fix didn't make it on the album, it's one of my fave Izzy songs ever! :headbang:

oops missed a few days!  didnt see that the voting period shortened.  I was tempted to go with Somebody Knockin' again, but with no other votes going there yet, I was gonna vote Time Gone By.  But when Downliner talks Izzy, you gotta listen! :lol:

So I will go with Somebody Knockin'. Not only because I know it in my heart @downliner, but because I wrote a thesis on Somebody Knockin' in the first round of voting!  Haha!

Edited by soon
winning!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

I've seen the video 5000 times. Izzy's cute face isn't going to stop me from voting for it. :P

It's a great song but out of what's left it's my least favorite. It's not like I want to pick it. :smiley-confused2:

7 minutes ago, downliner said:

I'm voting for Somebody Knocking this round :D Change your vote @soon and we can swing the vote, you know in your heart that Time Gone By is the better song ;) 

I'm shocked that Pressure Drop has gone already :(

WTF happens on that video? :lol: There's a woman (which, by the way forgot her sense of rhythm at home) and then a guy (security i assume) catches her while trying to get to the stage. Then there's legs everywhere and then she gets to the stage and runs away and Izzy is just "she wants to dance!". I'm dying. :rofl-lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

WTF happens on that video? :lol: There's a woman (which, by the way forgot her sense of rhythm at home) and then a guy (security i assume) catches her while trying to get to the stage. Then there's legs everywhere and then she gets to the stage and runs away and Izzy is just "she wants to dance!". I'm dying. :rofl-lol:

I love Jimmy chasing after her. :rofl-lol:

5 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Ha, why did Jimmy go after her?

Lol, Charlie smoking like a pro.?