Ranking of Izzy's songs broken down by albums / currently 'Miami'

int8

EljOxk.gif

I think it's time to change the rules. :tongue2: What about that - each person posts their own personal ranking of the songs from 'Miami' and I'm gonna sum up it somehow. It'll be quicker and easier. 

Sorry guys, I'm the least familiar with Miami so that's why I'm sitting this one out. I own it but for whatever reason it wont play. It always tells me it's not available in my country. :facepalm::lol: The only songs I really know well are Everythings Alright & Bombs Away.

I'll be back in here once we get to the next album. :shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989

20 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

My favorite is Waiting, is so romantic I can't...

tumblr_inline_o2v548A8fD1u1kbyt_500.gif

Oh yeah, it is. How could I forget to mention it. So sweet, so emotional. Who was the song written for? Annika? It's so awwwwwww :wub:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Oh yeah, it is. How could I forget to mention it. So sweet, so emotional. Who was the song written for? Annika? It's so awwwwwww :wub:

Given that Miami is from 2007, I suppose it was probably written for that classy brunette we saw on those pics from that year. ^_^

2 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Given that Miami is from 2007, I suppose it was probably written for that classy brunette we saw on those pics from that year. ^_^

Yeah, makes sense. Und we understand Izzy, we liked her too, didn't we? :lol:

OK made myself sit down and go through this album and as I said before it not an album that hits me, and I don't even find it a grower. I don't think there are any stand out songs, in fact many of them sort of merge in to each other. I can only put that down to the guitars, they sound the same on a lot of the tracks. So I came up with this ranking from best to worse:

Let go

Tijuana

Everything Alright

Waiting

Buildings in the sky

Bombs away

*Junior

Partly Cloudy

FSO Ragga

Pick up the phone

Tough Check

*Still don't kow if I hate or like it but it ranks in the middle because at least it's different.

It does sound like they had a laugh doing this album, but I think It sounds like a jam session to me, I know harsh, and I feel bad but love can be tough sometimes ?

• 2 months later...

I thought I would bump this as its a shame to see it drop off the page, anybody else want to rank Miami? Looks like "waiting" is currently in the lead.

I'm going to listen to fire, it's one of my favourite Izzy albums. Hopefully  post a ranking on here over the next couple of days. 

Track listing 

All lyrics and music by Izzy Stradlin, except where noted.

"I Don't Mind" - 3:39

"Infrastruk" - 3:24

"Listen" - 3:17

"Airbus" - 3:29

"Fire" - 3:47

"Seems to Me" (Stradlin, Timo Kaltio) - 3:30

"Long Night" - 3:15

"Box" (Stradlin, Kaltio) - 4:20

"Milo" - 3:30

"Harp Song" - 3:03

Wikipedia says this,

The album was recorded in California during the Summer of 2007, with very basic production. The album was mixed in Dallas at Nomad Studios, and mastered by Gary Long. Izzy Stradlin co-wrote two songs ("Box and "Seems to Me") with UK-based musician Timo Kaltio. Izzy first informed Will Vilers (his website administrator) about the album on November 5, 2007, with an e-mail simply titled "Fire, the Acoustic Album." The album's full track listing was later revealed on Izzy's website, directly in conjunction with the album's release on iTunes.

Is the Will mentioned @ChopAway

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Archtop said:

I thought I would bump this as its a shame to see it drop off the page, anybody else want to rank Miami? Looks like "waiting" is currently in the lead.

I'm going to listen to fire, it's one of my favourite Izzy albums. Hopefully  post a ranking on here over the next couple of days. 

Track listing 

All lyrics and music by Izzy Stradlin, except where noted.

"I Don't Mind" - 3:39

"Infrastruk" - 3:24

"Listen" - 3:17

"Airbus" - 3:29

"Fire" - 3:47

"Seems to Me" (Stradlin, Timo Kaltio) - 3:30

"Long Night" - 3:15

"Box" (Stradlin, Kaltio) - 4:20

"Milo" - 3:30

"Harp Song" - 3:03

Wikipedia says this,

The album was recorded in California during the Summer of 2007, with very basic production. The album was mixed in Dallas at Nomad Studios, and mastered by Gary Long. Izzy Stradlin co-wrote two songs ("Box and "Seems to Me") with UK-based musician Timo Kaltio. Izzy first informed Will Vilers (his website administrator) about the album on November 5, 2007, with an e-mail simply titled "Fire, the Acoustic Album." The album's full track listing was later revealed on Izzy's website, directly in conjunction with the album's release on iTunes.

Is the Will mentioned @ChopAway

I love Fire and would like this ranking thread to being continued. Thanks for taking it up.

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I love Fire and would like this ranking thread to being continued. Thanks for taking it up.

Shall we continue as before or set a limit of a couple of weeks to get people to listen, through in any related articles we ca mind and then get people to rank whole albumn in one ?

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

Shall we continue as before or set a limit of a couple of weeks to get people to listen, through in any related articles we ca mind and then get people to rank whole albumn in one ?

Yeah that sounds like a great idea. And advertise it in the Izzy coven?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah that sounds like a great idea. And advertise it in the Izzy coven?

God I have just read that post back to myself, glad you could decipher it. 

It should read....... throw in any related articles we can find.......

😊