Ranking of Izzy's songs broken down by albums / currently 'Miami'

int8

This thread is basically an attempt to make our ranking of Izzy's songs broken down by albums. 

The rules are:
- Albums will be discussed chronologically as they were recorded.

Spoiler

1992    Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
1998    117°
1999    Ride On
2001    River
2002    On Down the Road
2005    Like a Dog
2007    Miami
2007    Fire, the Acoustic Album
2008    Concrete
2009    Smoke
2010    Wave of Heat

- You have to post the title of your least favorite track on the album. Please, write it in bold letters.
- You have 48 hours to vote. 24 hours to vote.
- I'll try to count the votes after 11:00 p.m., every two days (since we all live in different time zones, here's mine: Central European Time, UTC +1, if any of you wants to check how much time you have left). 
- After that time, I'll count the votes and make list of remaining songs from which, again, you can chose your least favorite one.
- Process repeats until we end up with the best song on the album.
- After that, we'll do it all over again for the next album in discography. 

It'd be really great and also appreciated if you write why you chose certain song to be slightly less better than the others or, why you love that particular track ;)
This thread is dedicated to Izzy Stradlin discography. Please, don't discuss his contribution to GnR :P Hope you like that idea.

Edits: 

Our results so far:

1) Izzy Stradlin And The Ju Ju Hounds (pages 1 - 5)

Spoiler

Sh3SYUQ.png

2) 117 Degrees (pages 5 - 9)

Spoiler

QN5Bf6p.png

3) Ride On (pages 10 - 12)

Spoiler

WQNo4oS.png

4) River (pages 12 - 14)

Spoiler

6WRaU3w.png

5) On down the road (pages 14 - 16)

Spoiler

1. Sweet Caress
2. Got Some News
3. Coke’n
3. Lot to Learn
5. You Betcha  
6. On Down the Road   
7. Monkeys
8. Way to Go
9. Gone Dead Train  
9. Please Go Home

6) Like A Dog (pages 16 - 18)

Spoiler

v7BV6nv.png

7) Miami (pages 18 -  )

Spoiler

We start off with Izzy Stradlin And The Ju Ju Hounds (1992) record 

2072_foto1_product_groot.jpg

You can listen to it on iTunes, Spotify and YouTube

Track listing:

Somebody Knockin
 Pressure Drop
 Time Gone By
 Shuffle It All
 Bucket o' Trouble
 Train Tracks
 How Will It Go
 Cuttin' the Rug
 Take a Look at the Guy
 Come On Now Inside

The voting starts now and ends on the 19th of March, at 11:00 p.m. (UTC+1). 

Edited by int8

I don't want to remove any songs from that tracklist :lol: I guess Take A Look At The Guy just because it's a cover, and it's not Pressure Drop. Cool thread idea :)

Edited by downliner
Embedded spotify playlist

This is so difficult!!!  I love them all, but I can play.  Okay, I would remove Somebody Knockin'.

I actually really like the song, but ones gotta go I guess.  For a few reasons I guess.

One is that when I first heard the album I thought it was lack lustre for an opening track.  I don't think the anymore but I was always concerned others felt the same and contributed to it not doing as well.  This was the days of listening to full albums in order.

It reminds me of something that would fit nicely on the Kinks album Misfits and I love that album dearly.  But part of what reminds me of that album is that its so up the middle.  The dynamics of the arrangement feel smoothed over to me. None of the following tracks feel that way to me. The arrangement features aspects from pretty much every song that follows.  Such as including an acoustic guitar, a brief half time feel with melodic guitar, a rhythmic riff breakdown.  I suspect it was a good intro to all these sounds but that a production decision was made to not kinda give up all the bells and whistles right away.  Like introducing themes with out really indulging in any of those features magic. 

Again, still love it.  But one last thing would be that as a title Somebody Knocking feels fairly derivative of Cant You Hear Me Knocking by the Stones.  And it begins the trend of Izzy singing about mundane features of life - which can be perfect when ones in the right mood - such as "yeah Im walking down the street."  On the other hand, it dutifully continues the lyrical trend of paranoia.  It would take Axl decades to sing about the Federal Authorites with such a tacit familiarity, In IRS.  

Edited by soon
comply with tally system

Yeah pleased you started this. Such a brilliant album would have loved to hear more from these guys, I think I would be more excited by a reunited  juju hounds than Izzy joining the current GnR circus.

So in ranking order from worst to best, it's hard but I figured whilst there are fewer people in here you might need a list.

1) Pressure Drop - I guess I'm going to get some grief for this, but the first half annoys me like hell and I really don't get reggae.

2) Bucket o trouble

3) come on now inside

4) Take a look at the guy

5) Cutting the rug

6) Shuffle it all, to be fair I've played this song so much, it now sits further down my list than it probably deserves to.

7) Time gone by

8) How will it go

9)  somebody knocking

10)  Train tracks

8 hours left to vote in 1st round.

I go with Bucket o' Trouble.

I should say you don't have to listen to that record 100 times to vote. You can give it one listen, sort songs from worst to best, write list somewhere and keep voting here depending on which songs have left ;) 

'Take a Look at The Guy' dropped out in 1st round.  Izzy once said about the song:

"Take A Look At The Guy" (Wood): "That's from Ronnie Wood's solo album, I've Got My Own Album To Do. We collared him when he was having a listening party for his new album over at A&M Studios. Ian McLagan knew him from the Faces days. We went out to dinner and I asked if he wanted to do a duet on the song. It took a couple of days, but we got it together. We took turns singing. That's his guitar solo at the end. Four in the morning..."

Remaining songs from which you can chose your least favorite:

Somebody Knockin 1
      Pressure Drop 2
      Time Gone By
      Shuffle It All
      Bucket o' Trouble 3
      Train Tracks
      How Will It Go
      Cuttin' the Rug
10. Take a Look at the Guy  
      Come On Now Inside

I think we can change the rules a bit. I can see that all of you voted within the first 24 hours, so from now on one round will last one day. 

The voting ends on the 20th of March, at 11:00 p.m. (UTC+1). 

I go with Bucket o' Trouble again.

Edited by int8

11 minutes ago, Słash said:

Why are we doing a 2nd vote again?

Because we want to sort songs from worst to best. In 1st round 'Take a Look at the Guy' got the most votes so it takes 10th place. In 2nd round probably BoT is gonna drop out taking 9th place. Etc.

Spoiler

I understand confusion cause sometimes I don't even know what I mean :facepalm:  

BTW, I'm afraid I'm using word 'ranking' wrong. Could a native speaker tell me if word 'ranking' can be used as a noun? 

Is it correct If I say "we're doing ranking", meaning "we're doing list"? I checked the dictionary but I'm still confused :question: