This I Love - Finck, Slash or Ashba?

This I Love - Finck, Slash, or DJ?  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nobody on earth can bend these strings like Finck does. This I Love is arguably one of the greatest guitar solo this band has to offer.

Ashba struggled a bit, but he certainly brought the feeling and did what he could to sound as close as the original with melodies on his own too. Slash brings the magical aspect. Sadly there's not much structure to it, while I can see the technicity, to me it sounds like someone noodling dozen of random notes at times, I can't hum that.

• Like 2

Finck by a fucking landslide. 

Slash's take wasn't bad though. Just kinda meh (and for what it's worth, I like his versions of the CD and Better solos more than the original versions that Finck did).

ashba's version was horrendous. Seeing that video reminded me how much of a shitshow Axl's 2009-2014 band was.

Edited by rocknroll41

Fincks doesn't step all over the perfect orchestration behind the solo. A rare moment Axl's over production and tinkering with a song worked! Patent Finck bends and quirkiness. Saying less is more is the biggest understatement of all time on this tune 

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 4

slash.  slash.  slash.  had slash been in a studio like finck his solo would pop more.  finck is an employee who was just impersonating the solo slash would have himself played. it sounds like axl said in the studio "play what slash would play."

dj ashba belows in vegas magic show.   

Slash by far IMO, Finks is good but Slash's tone and phrasing always sounds great with a GNR piano ballad even the versions where the improv isn't as good as other nights.  It has more of the GNR feel and sound

• Like 4

Finck, obviously. Perfect phrasing, that guitar just screams too.

Slash is just noodling away. It's like he doesn't even listen to what they are playing.

Ashba, like always, was just a meh copycat.

• Like 3

Yea none of the takes sound good or suit the song. 

And yes Slash's take on TWAT was his only take with a resemblance to the actual solo. He probably has more respect for Bucket than Robin. Maybe cos Robin directly replaced him alongside his slash's favorite person in the world Paul Tobias. 

Being a huge horror buff, Slash probably appreciates Bucket. I still get a kick out of the VR Halloween gig when Slash came out dressed as Buckethead

Edited by Top-Hatted One

People that say Slash, they say Slash because they really think the solo is better or because is Slash on the subject? I think his solo on TIL sucks big time, I was singing so happy the song in Rio last year, when the solo kicked in it was like being hit in the balls

• Like 1