To be honest, I think Silkworms is misunderstood

I think people look at the vulgar lyrics and go "trash, up there with My World".  I think they are missing the point of the song

I think it's going for a sleezy, depraved, almost demonic tone.  I think it does it well.  Axl's delivery on the lines is fantastic.  I listen to the song to just enjoy it some times

"Oh, what can I do...?"

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I agree.

It's a blazing, hard rocking track. It's killer in that respect. Similar to Riad, everyone weaves around and then comes together unexpectedly.

I still think the lyrics are generally bad and a little too blunt but Axl's delivery comes across as authentic.

The "isn't that absurd (absurd... absurd)" line is really fun on the studio leaked clip. 

Fuck My World. Unredeemable trash.

I have never heard this

Judging from what they've played live I think it sucks a big bag of dicks, but I'd like to hear it without the blazing loud keyboards just to see what the fuck the rest of the band is playing

Edited by Mendez

I find the song to have no redeeming value.

I must add, to be fair, that I have only listened to the song once and I cannot swear that I listened to it all the way to the end. I have no plans at this point to listen to it again. Maybe once I quit wincing at the thought of it.

I am glad, however, that there are people out there who have some kind of appreciate for it.

• Like 1

It's angrier than most other songs which is why I personally enjoy it. There's something about it that brings me a feeling reminiscent of Right Next Door To Hell or even Oh My God it's not party time AFD material but rather an angry rant made into a song. Although I must admit I much rather the fan made remix than the live versions. Studio version (or what we have of it) sounds interesting but is not really that special, good enough to make me want to listen to the rest of it but not so much that I wouldn't rather have another full song considering I already have a version of silkworms that I do enjoy.

• Like 2

It is what it is; the band trying, probably a little too hard, to "push the envelope." That riff when Axl sings, "but what would I do, with a bitch like you" part sounds cool, but that is about it. Really, it only piques my interest as a strange "look behind the curtain" as to other ideas that may have been circulating at that time. 

• Like 1

The song can be good with some polish and actually being finished; it's definitely not supposed to be a pleasant, nice song to play when you're on a car ride with your mother :P

Axl's at his most entertaining when he tries to be edgy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

How bored must you be to look for a deeper meaning in Silkworms on a Saturday night?

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Silkworms is the worst GN'R song I've ever heard. I'd listen to My World on repeat 10x before I'd ever listen to Silkworms again.

I HATE Silkworms. Trash

• Like 1