To be honest, I think Silkworms is misunderstood

On 3/24/2017 at 0:16 PM, ToonGuns said:

didn't the full song leak, or just the snippet?

There is a version of the song that's been put together. Some of it is leaked stuff, but most of it is taken from live shows. And then there are things added on that are from different songs. 

3 hours ago, Estranged Fan said:

There is a version of the song that's been put together. Some of it is leaked stuff, but most of it is taken from live shows. And then there are things added on that are from different songs. 

this is the version I heard, is it fan made then?

On 3/18/2017 at 6:17 PM, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I think people look at the vulgar lyrics and go "trash, up there with My World".  I think they are missing the point of the song

I think it's going for a sleezy, depraved, almost demonic tone.  I think it does it well.  Axl's delivery on the lines is fantastic.  I listen to the song to just enjoy it some times

"Oh, what can I do...?"

What "people" and why does it matter?

I don't judge any of these leaks based on snippets.

every artist that I've ever heard snippet leaks from have been a mixed bag, I've heard 10 second clips that sound amazing but then once I've heard the rest of the song I realized that the 10 seconds was the best part.

and I've heard 10 seconds that were horrible, but then once I heard that 10 seconds in the actual song I liked it much more.

however much I hate saying this, I don't see ever hearing these CD era unreleased songs... for one axl won't release them commercially and for two the people who have them still want to hold onto them.

In my opinion I think that these unreleased songs (along with CD) will be our only chance of knowing what the years of 95-2014 were like for the band and axl..almost like a musical audio biography.

12 minutes ago, evader said:

To each their own. I fu#king love Silkworms. Axl venom has been a rarity since 1993, and since that venom is what drew me to GNR in the first place, I'm greatly appreciative when he decides to share it.

So you are the famous Evader?