Fun times with DJ the Guitar Player: ""When I was in Guns N' Roses, there'd be 60,000 people waiting for ME to get onstage"

One of the secrets about the extremely hard-working and professional musicians that Axl chose to play in his solo band is their... humor!

Check this out from DJ the guitar player!

"When I was in Guns N' Roses, there'd be 60,000 people waiting for me to get onstage, and I'd be on the computer doing business. Every waking minute I had, I was building this company".

So much fun to listen to these guys!

Hysterical!

:rofl-lol:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/ex-gnr_guitarist_dj_ashba_whats_my_day_job_outside_of_playing_guitar.html

Edited by ludurigan

While i enjoy poking fun at these guys every now and then, i don't think this is a big deal, or one to blow out of proportion. It's literally just one word in the middle of a sentence, which was itself in the middle of an interview.  He was talking in a personal context about how much time he spent building his business up, and in doing so, just so happened to mention 'me' instead of 'us' regarding the band. Whoop-de-doo. Interview aside, i think he's done okay for himself, and all the best to him for that.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

While i enjoy poking fun at these guys every now and then, i don't think this is a big deal, or one to blow out of proportion. It's literally just one word in the middle of a sentence, which was itself in the middle of an interview.  He was talking in a personal context about how much time he spent building his business up, and in doing so, just so happened to mention 'me' instead of 'us' regarding the band. Whoop-de-doo. Interview aside, i think he's done okay for himself, and all the best to him for that.

You are exactly right, it's bizzare how people like to pick at individual words in sentences just to attack and bully someone they don't even know. @ludurigan.

DJ has had a great career so far and is obviously a very hard working dude. Not sure why people take so much pleasure in attacking him.

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 1

Yeah, what they ^^ said.

Sure, DJ comes off as a bit of a buffoon at times, but he has done well for himself and he seems pretty down to earth and nice, so I don't get the constant hostility.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1