What was Axl's best stage "look"/attire?

What era(s) had Axl's best stage attire? (multiple choice)  

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think his interest in hip-hop style influenced the post-1990 attire: leathers out, baseball hats and simple t-shirt in. Also I think he had a kilt a while before it emerged on stage, can't remember where i read that..

p.s. where's the yellow rain coat poll option? lol 

This is the Axl i remember the most:

fe719a281e711e4db68161f1bfbe6ccf.jpg

1993-94 looked good. with ripped jeans and a t-shit etc.

The 2006 era he had a nice style of clothing that fits his age.. both rock and "classy" blended together. Same style as myself would wear.

I would kill for this leather jacket:

hqdefault.jpg

I hated the 2001-02 era. wtf was that? i feel almost embarrassed when i watch videos of him from that era

2289969_10.jpg

2016 clothing all good.

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

I think his interest in hip-hop style influenced the post-1990 attire: leathers out, baseball hats and simple t-shirt in. Also I think he had a kilt a while before it emerged on stage, can't remember where i read that..

p.s. where's the yellow rain coat poll option? lol 

The Elvis/Pimp Era option :lol:

1991 era is pretty much Axl Rose but AFD era was his best dressed....always thought his Donington look was cool.

early 2000's till 2006 was horrendous then he got to looking old and being out of shape.

Edited by -W.A.R-

19 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

I hated the 2001-02 era. wtf was that? i feel almost embarrassed when i watch videos of him from that era

2289969_10.jpg

2016 clothing all good.

See, that's the "Predator Homie" era. He starts wearing baggy jerseys, braids, etc. from 2002 onwards.

In 2001, he looks different at the House of Blues shows (see below). Rio 3 starts moving towards his 2002 look but he still appears passably normal.

tumblr_lh355cexB51qe2osko1_400.jpg

Edited by RONIN

2 minutes ago, RONIN said:

See, that's the "Predator Homie" era. He starts wearing baggy jerseys, braids, etc. from 2002 onwards. In 2001, he looks different at the House of Blues shows. Rio 3 starts moving towards his 2002 look but he still appears passably normal.

yeah in 2001 he looked somewhat okey except for some strange clothing only a guy from "cops series" would were. But in 2002 :facepalm: for me the whole "band" were just a big :facepalm: i did like the musicians that were in the band (bucket,mantia) but not in GN'R.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

1991 era is pretty much Axl Rose but AFD era was his best dressed....always thought his Donington look was cool.

early 2000's till 2006 was horrendous then he got to looking old and being out of shape.

Donnington look is classic. 

Maybe I should have rephrased the question because the bike shorts era (Illusion Axl) is winning this poll. Classic? Maybe...but again, this is the fur coat/bike shorts era. :lol:

If he mixed the cycling shorts with the handlebar 'tache and cornrows, bare chested with a few accessories, that would be his best look. Possibly the yellow raincoat added for special occasions.

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 3

1990 farm aid hands down looks cool bad ass and with all the integrity in the world 

that being said i do like the 2000-2001 vegas look a lot, he really should've worked hard to maintain that classier look 

also i do think he looks at his best of all time in the Yesterday's video 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, AlexC said:

The only 2 eras that don't seem excessively flamboyant to me are AfD era and now. Everything in between was weird as fuck or at least had one striking element that made you cringe.

Lies looks pretty stripped down and authentic. What was your issue with the 2001 Vegas look? No braids, just jeans and a coat...(not sure if he wore the dragon shirt and sweats earlier in the show or if he dumped them for the second HOB show)

40 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

1990 farm aid hands down looks cool bad ass and with all the integrity in the world 

that being said i do like the 2000-2001 vegas look a lot, he really should've worked hard to maintain that classier look 

also i do think he looks at his best of all time in the Yesterday's video 

Agreed on all counts. Lies era looks badass also and aged well. The Vegas look aged the best, he looks like a veteran in those. Had he come out looking like that at the MTV VMA's, that would have gone over a whole lot better.

35 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Also, would you consider his AC/DC attire separate from NITL? He seems to tone it down somewhat for them.

Sure and he looks a lot better without the bling in AC/DC (ac/dc fans seem to think he's still too blinged out and Liberace-ish). I still feel he hasn't shaken the "bling" enough for NITl. The hats, costume changes (cowboy jacket in particular) is distracting as hell.

Edited by RONIN

Just now, RONIN said:

Lies looks pretty stripped down and authentic. What was your issue with the 2001 Vegas look? No braids, just jeans and a coat...(not sure if he wore the dragon shirt and sweats earlier in the show or if he dumped them for the second HOB show)

I'd count his Appetite and Lies look as the same era. Too similar to separate.

I was just going off his Rio 2001 look. I just assumed he looked the same at the HOB show. I just thought his silk dragon shirt and joggers made him look like a weird Hugh Heffner type wannabe. Very "uncool" imo. Plus those strange little mini type braids in his hair before he went full blown Predator made him look like an odd forest elf or some shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Which one is the ''going to audition for the Village People with my tight shorts so you can see my balls'' look?

axl+rose+1991+01+13+monster+bego.jpg

1 minute ago, Darkenchantress said:

UYI era Rockstar Diva Axl :lol:

Exactly :lol::facepalm:

• Like 1