What was Axl's best stage "look"/attire?

What era(s) had Axl's best stage attire? (multiple choice)  

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, RONIN said:

c37ddd265fa76653b1b74b0c8ad631d5.jpg

WOWZERS! Even though he looks like he just stepped out of a Twilight movie, I wouldn't hold that against him. I like this. I like it a lot. Might need to be alone with it for a few! 

I loved your captions! "Bad Grandpa Axl! LOL!

Gucci Axl (sans the braid) is actually would be his perfect looks, he looks mature, suave, flamboyant, almost like a mafia kingpin. It's just a perfect fit if you imagine what the lead singer for a band called "Guns N' Roses" that has grandiose song like "November Rain" looks like. Not just "He has a long hair" kids react to AFD era style.

• Like 1

I was 13 in 88 so I remember the eras well. The AFD era , Lies and UYI era I always thought he looked athletic and the atire complimented the eras. His attire on the NITL era also held up well from 02-06 is the "AXL gone AWOL' look.

Really liked the "grunge" 93-94 look of say "Estranged" video vintage. Every bit the world class rock star (IMHO) worthy of actually "starring" in 11 minute videos- and the black, GNR branded "bloody bullet logo" shorts were so sweet (still want a pair!)...

I think he looks great in the current NITL & AXL/DC-era too...

axl's look got lost when he lost himself.  after he moved on with employees to spite his actual bandmates he lost his confidence, he lost control of his talent, and the bizarre ugly turns his fashion took were just material projection of how lost he was inside and how bad his record was turning out (his record to prove he was gnr alone and didn't need his bandmates).  only in 2016 does it seem that i'm actually seeing axl rose again.  he looks good and happy, something i never truly saw when he was playing guns songs with his cover/solo band.   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

axl's look got lost when he lost himself.  after he moved on with employees to spite his actual bandmates he lost his confidence, he lost control of his talent, and the bizarre ugly turns his fashion took were just material projection of how lost he was inside and how bad his record was turning out (his record to prove he was gnr alone and didn't need his bandmates).  only in 2016 does it seem that i'm actually seeing axl rose again.  he looks good and happy, something i never truly saw when he was playing guns songs with his cover/solo band.   

Talking of projection, you're projecting your own thoughts and feelings on to Axl. He never said he was GNR (he said he didn't think that) or that he didn't need his bandmates. Of course he had a lot to prove and I think we got a great album out of it all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I like the UYI era look best. Minus the hot pants with biker jacket. 

IMG_3432.thumb.PNG.77e39255d460fd4f500d04b0b25de8b5.PNG

I think Axl looks the best he ever has in this pic. 

Nah this is him at his most hypocritical. Self professed "pro-heterosexual" yet dresses like he enjoys being the centre of a circle jerk.

3 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I wonder how Axl would look with his 2006 hairstyle today. I think it would look fairly good!

i think he has a bit thin hair to have braids like that again.. or it will get thinner when he takes them off.. usually it takes a toll on the hair to have that kind of braids. 

I don't get why so many think he looked disgusting in his 2006 braids.. Looked okay to me. the early ones 2002 etc was awful too long and his clothing didn't help :P 

• Like 2

Just now, estranged_85 said:

i think he has a bit thin hair to have braids like that again.. or it will get thinner when he takes them off.. usually it takes a toll on the hair to have that kind of braids. 

I don't get why so many think he looked disgusting in his 2006 braids.. Looked okay to me. the early ones 2002 etc was awful too long and his clothing didn't help :P 

That may very well be the case. ;)

I think the 2002 braids look is a fucking joke but the 2006 hair combined with his outfit at the time made him look like a bad ass rockstar imo! 

• Like 1

2006 wasn't too bad to be honest but that 2002 look where he'd clearly just had plastic surgery was just fucking weird. Then those sports shirts and baggy pants, just wrong on every level. Like Fred Durst crossed with the Predator. Definitely seems there was a mid-life crisis going on. :vomit:

Edited by bucketfoot

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

2006 wasn't too bad to be honest but that 2002 look where he'd clearly just had plastic surgery was just fucking weird. Then those sports shirts and baggy pants, just wrong on every level. Like Fred Durst crossed with the Predator. Definitely seems there was a mid-life crisis going on. :vomit:

I don't think he had plastic surgery, I think he had some botox and some peels or something. He looks like you'd expect him to look like these days for his age, botox and peels wear off, surgery doesn't.

8 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

I don't think he had plastic surgery, I think he had some botox and some peels or something. He looks like you'd expect him to look like these days for his age, botox and peels wear off, surgery doesn't.

Yeah, whatever it was he'd obviously had some work done and looked absolutely hideous. He looks great again now though, thankfully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

The 2006 braids were cool. I think he looked good during those days! Fit and stylish! The 2002 were not!! Let's just forget about that! :lol:

38 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

his style on the HoB show is amazing, he was classy but was still 90's Axl, RIR was just awful

My thoughts exactly. HOB was surprisingly cool even with the pred braids creeping in.

9 hours ago, Juventino said:

I like his look with a beard, such as the 1989 MTV performance with Tom Petty. Still essentially the Appetite look, but add the beard.

yeah i really liked his look in the performance with Tom Petty.

it was rockstar with some street flavor.

Edited by -W.A.R-