Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

wasted

Any fans?

I was into the debut then lost track and picked up with Beat On The Devil's Tattoo. 

I got all their albums. And Howl is pretty mind blowing. 

Suspicion Holds You Tight is a cool song. 

Take Them On Your Own is also a good album. 

I only know 'Beat On The Devil's Tattoo' album.

'Shadow's Keeper' has been stuck in my head for a long time... cool moment starts at 2:57

I need to check out "Howl" and "B.R.M.C.", I can see that those two have the best ratings (on RYM).

Edited by int8

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Any fans?

I was into the debut then lost track and picked up with Beat On The Devil's Tattoo. 

I got all their albums. And Howl is pretty mind blowing. 

Suspicion Holds You Tight is a cool song. 

Take Them On Your Own is also a good album. 

Loved them live, but not a huge fan or anything. 

I heard they have a loyal live following. In Scotland I remember them being as popular as Oasis early on. The debut is a real grower. It has that one single that everyone heard but the album is like a much slower march. 

I like how I know nothing about them but still like the albums. I have no idea who the singer is who the guitarist are. 

Whatever happen to my Rock n roll, Spread Your Love, Red Eyes and Tears, Beat the Devil Tattoo, Suspicion Holds You Tight, Sure as the Sun, Red Eyes and Tears, Six Barrel Gun, Howl are songs that come to mind but their albums are like sonic spiritual experiences. It's not pop rock. 

Edited by wasted

On 3/21/2017 at 8:01 PM, wasted said:

I like how I know nothing about them but still like the albums. I have no idea who the singer is who the guitarist are. 

I'm with you homie. I don't know any of their names, don't know who plays what, don't know who writes, I know nothing about them. I even see there is a chick on some albums and other albums there is another guy instead of her. I have no clue what that story is. I just know I like em. Which is kinda strange, but whatever.

5 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I'm with you homie. I don't know any of their names, don't know who plays what, don't know who writes, I know nothing about them. I even see there is a chick on some albums and other albums there is another guy instead of her. I have no clue what that story is. I just know I like em. Which is kinda strange, but whatever.

Because I know nothing about them it's like where did this music come from? Even if you go back to the debut and listen to Too Real it's like how does no one know who they are?  

6 hours ago, wasted said:

Because I know nothing about them it's like where did this music come from? Even if you go back to the debut and listen to Too Real it's like how does no one know who they are?  

Courtney Love said at the time that she didn't find anything interesting in The Hives but BRMC was cool, she said she was into it or something. A good product is not enough sometimes. I knew the music was probably good but never got past the singles for some reason. Probably should have caused a riot or got more attention.

Edited by Rovim

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Courtney Love said at the time that she didn't find anything interesting in The Hives but BRMC was cool, she said she was into it or something. A good product is not enough sometimes. I knew the music was probably good but never got past the singles for some reason. Probably should have caused a riot or get more attention somehow.

The singles seem jaunty compared to most of the material.  

Their most mainstream moment was on the opening credits of End of Watch that Jake Gyllenhal movie. Beat on Devil's Tattoo is rolling music. 

Howl probably should have been their Automatic for the People. 

Edited by wasted

45 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Courtney Love said at the time that she didn't find anything interesting in The Hives but BRMC was cool, she said she was into it or something. A good product is not enough sometimes. I knew the music was probably good but never got past the singles for some reason. Probably should have caused a riot or got more attention. It never crossed over.

Very true about a good product sometimes isn't enough. If I remember, they were competing for airplay with White Stripes, Strokes, Hives, Vines, a shitpile of bands were going on back then. All of those bands had something about them too. BRMC was just jeans and black t shirts.

But I'm a fan of the harmonica, and they use it wisely so they get points from me.

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

Very true about a good product sometimes isn't enough. If I remember, they were competing for airplay with White Stripes, Strokes, Hives, Vines, a shitpile of bands were going on back then. All of those bands had something about them too. BRMC was just jeans and black t shirts.

But I'm a fan of the harmonica, and they use it wisely so they get points from me.

They are a bit heavier and dirtier than those bands. Not really New Wave at all. Kind of more on the Velvet Underground, Sonic Youth, Zeppelin side. It does seem like junkie spirituality and therefore maybe not as relatable. 

Maybe not really the soundtrack to everyday life like The Strokes. But in a movie it sets a sort of sleazy oninous tone pretty well.