Is this story about Axl from Steven true?

6 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Axl stayed by Steven's bed when he was passed out from an overdose or something like that?

Yeah he talks about this in his book. No reason to not believe it. Probably exaggerated though for dramatic effect.

12 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Steven is a whiny ass mofo.

The UYI tour was huge.  Can anyone blame GN'R for bringing Matt in for handling that? I'm sure Steven was a victim to some extent on being kicked out of the band, but who seriously has the faith that Steven could have handled that tour?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, default_ said:

Duff said on his book that Axl and Steven never liked each other that much, they had a beef since the band started.

But we never know with Axl.

I seem to remember seeing something about the band where it said the first time they met Axl kicked Steven in the balls. :lol: Then continued to do it randomly over time. :lol: They seem to have a strange relationship.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

The UYI tour was huge.  Can anyone blame GN'R for bringing Matt in for handling that? I'm sure Steven was a victim to some extent on being kicked out of the band, but who seriously has the faith that Steven could have handled that tour?

Wtf. Steven never once failed to play well or attend a show in GNR in his life except for drug unrelated things like breaking his arm. Do people just "assume" this stuff about him? Genuinely curious

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I seem to remember seeing something about the band where it said the first time they met Axl kicked Steven in the balls. :lol: Then continued to do it randomly over time. :lol: They seem to have a strange relationship.

good friends sometimes act like that 

fight each other constantly 

then get along in some ways 

probably works well in a band with this kind of dynamic 

• Like 1

I think at that time when there was a real sense of danger for Steven's life, maybe Axl thought of it as a principal to be there. He could have wanted Steven out of the band or never really got along with him on a personal level, but maybe he was just worried Steven was not going to make it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think at that time when there was a real sense of danger for Steven's life, maybe Axl thought of it as a principal to be there. He could have wanted Steven out of the band or never really got along with him on a personal level, but maybe he was just worried Steven was not going to make it.

Actually, in all seriousness, I've always thought that as well. Maybe Axl deeply cared about Steven and thought it the best thing to remove him from the band for his own good. Let's face it, Adler was all over the fucking place back then and could easily have died.

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 3

Axl always was the only one to visit/stay with the other guys in hospital. As someone mentioned above, Axl was also the only one who came to visit Duff in his hospital when his pancreas exploded.

Shows he probably really was seriously worried about all of them and their drug use.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

indeed Axl is a conflicting individual 

i think he is a lot more good than bad for sure 

Exactly this.

U guys remember that guy story .  some guy ( sorry .. I cant remember who).. 

He went to some gnr show on 2010-2011 or so.. By then he hasnt saw axl for 20 years.. During that period his wife got cancer .. Then one day he went to a gnr show and when the show ended he was taken backstage and when axl saw him the first thing axl said to him was "how is mary, hows she doin??" ( cant remember the guys wife name neither .. I said mary randomly)

The guy told that story and said "thats axl rose"

I just hope they all be mature, smart, kind and humble to acknoledge their own blames and mistakes, not only axls ones.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Exactly this.

U guys remember that guy story .  some guy ( sorry .. I cant remember who).. 

He went to some gnr show on 2010-2011 or so.. By then he hasnt saw axl for 20 years.. During that period his wife got cancer .. Then one day he went to a gnr show and when the show ended he was taken backstage and when axl saw him the first thing axl said to him was "how is mary, hows she doin??" ( cant remember the guys wife name neither .. I said mary randomly)

The guy told that story and said "thats axl rose"

I just hope they all be mature, smart, kind and humble to acknoledge their own blames and mistakes, not only axls ones.

That's amazing.  I remember someone said Axl is the guy you call when you end up in jail at 4 in the morning or something like that

10 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Wtf. Steven never once failed to play well or attend a show in GNR in his life except for drug unrelated things like breaking his arm. Do people just "assume" this stuff about him? Genuinely curious

In Slashs book he described how bad Stevens playing was at Farm-aid and his playing and keeping time went downhill from there.

Yes. Steven confirms this in his book. Duff also said the same thing. In addition, Slash says in his book that Axl was the one to worry about when he was arrested. Axl paid Slash's bail. Anyway, I think Axl is a supportive person.

• Like 1

The thing about Axl is he seems genuinely caring. It might manifest itself in him calling the band drug addicts on stage because he's concerned about it or him cutting someone out of his life because he felt they wronged him somehow but the guy cares, for better or worse. 

12 minutes ago, Mayroses said:

Yes. Steven confirms this in his book. Duff also said the same thing. In addition, Slash says in his book that Axl was the one to worry about when he was arrested. Axl paid Slash's bail. Anyway, I think Axl is a supportive person.

What stood out to be in Duff's book was Axl coming to visit him and wanting to do sober things like biking, trying to be supportive. And then years later, in 2010 when they go out for dinner, ordering a virgin whatever it was, to not drink in front of Duff.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

The thing about Axl is he seems genuinely caring. It might manifest itself in him calling the band drug addicts on stage because he's concerned about it or him cutting someone out of his life because he felt they wronged him somehow but the guy cares, for better or worse. 

What stood out to be in Duff's book was Axl coming to visit him and wanting to do sober things like biking, trying to be supportive. And then years later, in 2010 when they go out for dinner, ordering a virgin whatever it was, to not drink in front of Duff.

that surprised me the most was how axl was when duff and axl reconvened in 2010 from duffs book. It makes me wonder if Axl was ready for a reunion or was seriously thinking about it by this time. The garb axl wore from 2002 onwards is pretty forgettable , though 2006 is not to bad - just never liked the braids and oversized shirt like he was trying to be eminem. Its now that he is wearing the clothes appropriate for his age.