Axl Rose: The Rolling Stone Interview (old)

13 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

So be it. If that is what it means to you then that is what it means to you. That is not what it means to me. I agree more with Blackstar. However, it is kind of silly to argue over the meaning slang. Language is living and has different meanings to different people depending on where they grow up, live, and the people they communicate with.

If it makes you happy replace biggest with hottest. It does not matter to me as that was not the point of my comment at all.

Agree sanitylost very smart

16 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

So be it. If that is what it means to you then that is what it means to you. That is not what it means to me. I agree more with Blackstar. However, it is kind of silly to argue over the meaning slang. Language is living and has different meanings to different people depending on where they grow up, live, and the people they communicate with.

If it makes you happy replace biggest with hottest. It does not matter to me as that was not the point of my comment at all.

Language is a convention and it works as a communication tool because people agree to the convention and to use words or give them a meaning everybody can understand.

I may want to go around calling trees 'chairs' and that's ok but if I tell someone that, as a kid, I loved climbing chairs they will be like "wtf?".

The biggest, the hottest and all those billboard words you want to use are arguable, subjective and debatable because a Nirvana fan will tell you Nirvana was the most influential band of the 90s, hence they could also be labeled "the biggest" of the decade.