Bumblefoot has no regrets over Guns N’ Roses stint

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 5:55 AM, maynard said:

Poor @auad

Next time someone find an article please PM it to him and let him open the thread :lol:

Thanks for the suport bro..greeeeeat suport for sure...

People like it or not ... several of the best topics in this place were created by me ... and I just started ...

Edited by auad

Just now, xBrownstonex said:

I meant the part about the best threads.

i agree if "best" in portuguese means "worst"

Is just your opinion...irrelevant...but I respect.

Look at this thread for example...

See ya ?

Edited by auad

Yeah- don't see why Ron would have many regrets. If his true passion is being a virtuoso guitarist, teacher, mentor and fairly regular producer of music, etc.- he got to do plenty of that before Guns- and gets to do it again now with a touch more "name recognition", and special opportunities (AofA, etc.). In between he toured the world several times over, was on a major band's release, played in front of huge festival crowds, etc. Pretty full career there. 

I only feel bad in that I think there was a "pre-accident" Ron in terms of positivity/enthusiasm that seemingly got lost (understandably so, UCAP show where couldn't stand up looked absolutely miserable) post-accident. Just hope that's more and more in the rearview for him these days...

1 hour ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Yeah- don't see why Ron would have many regrets. If his true passion is being a virtuoso guitarist, teacher, mentor and fairly regular producer of music, etc.- he got to do plenty of that before Guns- and gets to do it again now with a touch more "name recognition", and special opportunities (AofA, etc.). In between he toured the world several times over, was on a major band's release, played in front of huge festival crowds, etc. Pretty full career there. 

I only feel bad in that I think there was a "pre-accident" Ron in terms of positivity/enthusiasm that seemingly got lost (understandably so, UCAP show where couldn't stand up looked absolutely miserable) post-accident. Just hope that's more and more in the rearview for him these days...

Bumble is a special talent, different to Bucket, but maybe they wanted to know what it felt like to be in a huge band like Guns, with everything that came with it. But Axl came with it as well, so it wasn't really a good fit for Bumble which is a prolific and fast as lightning when it comes to creating and releasing music.

In the long run, it could be a nice career boost and a fond memory to have. It wasn't all bad, his interaction with the fans and the live shows including what he added to Chinese were all great.

Edited by Rovim

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

Bumble is a special talent, different to Bucket, but maybe they wanted to know what it felt like to be in a huge band like Guns, with everything that came with it. But Axl came with it as well, so it wasn't really a good fit for Bumble which is a prolific and fast as lightning when it comes to creating and releasing music.

In the long run, it could be a nice career boost and a fond memory to have. It wasn't all bad, his interaction with the fans and the live shows including what he added to Chinese were all great.

I disagree. He was good at live shows but his guitar work on CD wasn't really needed. Robins and Bucketheads contributions were much better.

Edited by Sosso

On 2.4.2017 at 2:20 AM, Sosso said:

I disagree. He was good at live shows but his guitar work on CD wasn't really needed. Robins and Bucketheads contributions were much better.

He brought his own style to it and it sounds not only more hard rock and sleazy, but in crazy sections of quirky tunes Bumble knows exactly what to do like in Shackler's with spastic solo and beautiful outro tapping.

Chinese Democracy the song sounds way cooler and more Gn'R with his additions.

Improved Street Of Dreams and his Riad solo is much better and more coherent than what Bucket came up with in the demo. His playing in Catcher also really fits the mood of the song. There is a weeping bend in the main solo and his guitar repeating Axl's vocal line in the outro is a highlight.

He brought quirk and cheese to Chinese.

Edited by Rovim