Poison Drummer Says SLASH Was 'Really Pissed Off' He Didn't Land Guitarist Gig In POISON

The music snobs are out in full force. Hilarious how many of you completely lack the brain capacity to understand  that even though Slash is world class and an iconic guitar legend, the FACT is his style wasn't suited to Poison's style of music. You geeks can sit there and mock Poison's decision to go with CC all you want but the reality is Poison was very successful and CC fit the band perfectly for what they were. It's just hilarious to see how righteous some of you are in thinking that Poison would've gone on to be amazing with Slash in the band as if you know what would've come of it as if Slash's tone with Bret's vocals and lyrics would've been everything you've always dreamed of. :lol: Fuck off. 

2 minutes ago, Bono said:

The music snobs are out in full force. Hilarious how many of you completely lack the brain capacity to understand  that even though Slash is world class and an iconic guitar legend, the FACT is his style wasn't suited to Poison's style of music. You geeks can sit there and mock Poison's decision to go with CC all you want but the reality is Poison was very successful and CC fit the band perfectly for what they were. It's just hilarious to see how righteous some of you are in thinking that Poison would've gone on to be amazing with Slash in the band as if you know what would've come of it as if Slash's tone with Bret's vocals and lyrics would've been everything you've always dreamed of. :lol: Fuck off. 

^ Someone's a big Poison fan.

• Like 3

CC's style and playing compliment Bret Michaels well in Poison, only an elitist pleb would try to knock CC down just because Slash was rejected in favor of him

The same goes for when Red Hot Chili Peppers was auditioning for a guitarist also, they were hunting for somebody who fit their style more than a virtuoso

24 minutes ago, Gackt said:

CC's style and playing compliment Bret Michaels well in Poison, only an elitist pleb would try to knock CC down just because Slash was rejected in favor of him

The same goes for when Red Hot Chili Peppers was auditioning for a guitarist also, they were hunting for somebody who fit their style more than a virtuoso

"elitist pleb" :lol: Nice one.

32 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers did also get Dave Navarro, and although I liked One Hot Minute quite a bit, it definetly wasn't the style that people expected from them

1 minute ago, bigpoop said:

Not really. There was a lot of shit about that in Hit Parader and Circus etc back in ye olden days.

Really? I don't remember that, only the rivalry/feud between GN'R and Motley Crue. Although living in England, I didn't read the magazines you mention, it was  Kerrang, Raw and Metal Hammer over here.

12 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers did also get Dave Navarro, and although I liked One Hot Minute quite a bit, it definetly wasn't the style that people expected from them

Agreed, OHM's a bit heavier than others like BSSM..I can associate a lot of RHCP's musical successes with Frusciante's contributions, back when he was still with the band

Poison's just another one of those glam outfits that have some very strong singles, but no very good albums

38 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Really? I don't remember that, only the rivalry/feud between GN'R and Motley Crue. Although living in England, I didn't read the magazines you mention, it was  Kerrang, Raw and Metal Hammer over here.

Yeah. In the very early days there was a lot of trash talk back and forth between Poison and GNR. Mostly instigated by GNR as I recall. Slash and Axl in particular. They used to try a little too hard with their whole 'we're not like all the other Hollywood bands/bands this magazine writes about' thing. Which they weren't, but still. And the main target of that was always Poison. And I don't like Poison but looking back I can kind of see their side.

9 hours ago, Rovim said:

Slash saw Poison as a vehicle to get his name out there, to make it. If he was pissed off he didn't get the gig, that makes sense. Why audition if you don't want it, they didn't go with you, that naturally could piss someone off.

And can only be an ego thing for some people. No one likes to get rejected and even then Slash was a great guitar player and he probably thought they would hire him based on his talent and how shit Poison are as a band.

This. He was applying for a job. He didn't get it. It is totally reasonable to think he was annoyed. Nobody likes to be rejected when they audition, even if it turns out that the gig wouldn't have been the best match.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gackt said:

You just mentioned Red Hot Chili Peppers and Poison in the same post? You better be getting some warning points for this! :max:

:lol:

13 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

"You know Slash, you are great and all that but I think we are gonna pass on you and go with this other guy." :facepalm:

Thats hurtful man, I will go and form a band with the members of Hollywood Rose and become bigger than your shitty band. 

4 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You just mentioned Red Hot Chili Peppers and Poison in the same post? You better be getting some warning points for this! :max:

:lol:

That's what I was thinking, not the obvious comparison I would look to make. :lol: A band that's decent and a band that's..... well..... Poison.

• Like 1

All members of Guns looked a little more "Glam" in the mid 80's.  I think they all made a conscious effort not to be that when they banded together.  

They were young and trying to find their path / image.  

Funny how one audition can change so many things.  

On 23/03/2017 at 7:28 AM, bigpoop said:

Slash acts like he was so totally against their image but we've all seen the pics where he's got the fishnets on his arms. I lean towards Rikki on this one. Slash probably wanted that gig.

Yes, with the fact that Slash uses glue to make his hat stay on because he's bald.