Favorite guitar players

pbj_jam

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

been listening to a lot of that lately...i like the talking in between songs! Elvis...good ole country boy ;)

'I like the Beatles and the Birds and The Stones and The Kinks and the...whoevers'...you can tell he don't like a single bastard one of em :lol:

• Like 2

On 3/23/2017 at 1:38 PM, Len Cnut said:

Steve Jones

You know what, I've heard Nevermind the Bollocks so many times over the years, some songs I swear I've heard too many times. But I recently realized, very recently, like the last year, that it's a serious fucking guitar album. There are some really great riffs and all around bad ass guitars on that album. Not sure why it took so long to hit me, I mean I always heard it, but there are some really hardcore chops and that record.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2017 at 2:41 PM, Silent Jay said:

• Collins/Gaines/Rossington

Those boys don't get near enough credit. Three guitar attack. So many good riffs and solos. Very consistent too, great guitars all through their albums. I'd put them up against damn near anybody.

Most of mine have already been mentioned.

I'll throw out there Rich Robinson. Hell of a player. Whether it's classic rock, modern rock, country, blues, you name it he can play it.

Tom Petty & Mike Cambell. To be labeled as classic or southern rock, those two came up with some funky, weird, cool ass guitars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

You know what, I've heard Nevermind the Bollocks so many times over the years, some songs I swear I've heard too many times. But I recently realized, very recently, like the last year, that it's a serious fucking guitar album. There are some really great riffs and all around bad ass guitars on that album. Not sure why it took so long to hit me, I mean I always heard it, but there are some really hardcore chops and that record.

Cuz Rottens glorious snotty wailing kinda grabs your attention for the first decade or so :lol:  Whats even more fantastic about it is that Jonesy hadn't really been playing guitar all that long...he would basically take speed and sit around all day and night when McLaren finally got them a practise space (which meant he finally had a home and was off the streets) just fuckin' bangin' shit out on all these expensive guitars he'd stolen.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J Dog said:

Those boys don't get near enough credit. Three guitar attack. So many good riffs and solos. Very consistent too, great guitars all through their albums. I'd put them up against damn near anybody.

Ed King too.

I recently came to the conclusion that Lynyrd were the greatest, and Second Helping best sounding album of all time.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Cuz Rottens glorious snotty wailing kinda grabs your attention for the first decade or so :lol:  Whats even more fantastic about it is that Jonesy hadn't really been playing guitar all that long...he would basically take speed and sit around all day and night when McLaren finally got them a practise space (which meant he finally had a home and was off the streets) just fuckin' bangin' shit out on all these expensive guitars he'd stolen.  

That first sentence I think is 100% spot on. In my initial post I thought about saying, his guitar playing is kinda hidden beneath it all. But it's not hidden, it's just Johnny Rotten is just so in your face (in a good way) that's what you concentrate on for, yeah I'd say the first decade or so is pretty accurate :lol: 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J Dog said:

Most of mine have already been mentioned.

I'll throw out there Rich Robinson. Hell of a player. Whether it's classic rock, modern rock, country, blues, you name it he can play it.

Tom Petty & Mike Cambell. To be labeled as classic or southern rock, those two came up with some funky, weird, cool ass guitars.

you know so much about music! do you like listen to it 24 hrs a day? :)

14 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Ed King too.

I recently came to the conclusion that Lynyrd were the greatest, and Second Helping best sounding album of all time.

Yeah man. I love Second Helping. Needle and the Spoon and Ballad of Curtis Loew are two of my all time favorites. Needle & Spoon especially has great guitars.

And I don't care, that Freebird solo is as good as advertised. Imo, one of the best solos in all of rock n roll.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Points for you. That's a bad man right there. Doesn't get mentioned enough.

That's true! One of the last few true rockers these days. 

6 minutes ago, melina i said:

Hi Sosso, good to see you here again:)

Thanks, I missed you too!

• Like 2