Would you like one/some of the Axl/DC gigs to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray?

AxlDCFan99

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

for sure it would! :headbang:

It would certainly be fitting and only right to do that but I think it'd be painful to watch at times with the poor shape Brian's voice was in, especially after the way Axl absolutely owned those songs. I agree though, any release should definitely include Brian.

• Like 1

I think if they plan on continuing with Axl and recording together then a live concert release would be great marketing technique. Axl sounded phenomenal and with how good the setlists were its a no brainier. I think it would silence even more doubters.

• Like 2

It being canceled doesn't necessarily mean something else will replace it. None of the Axl shows were shot with the extra rigs used to film a concert for commercial release so all they'd have is the video screen footage to cobble together which I don't think is ideal for the main feature - not by 2017 standards.

I think the cancelation has everything to do with Angus wanting to promote the current line-up instead of a product with a line-up that doesn't exist anymore. Likely, there is a new album on the horizon.

That said, the tour photo book was compiled in 2015 meaning no Axl and that's still coming out so who knows what Angus' plans are or why the DVD in particular was shelved. I've listened to most of the Wrigley show and Brian is fine - a few flubs that would be patched up anyways just like the River Plate release but otherwise wise.

6 hours ago, AlexC said:

I think if they plan on continuing with Axl and recording together then a live concert release would be great marketing technique. Axl sounded phenomenal and with how good the setlists were its a no brainier. I think it would silence even more doubters.

sorry ican't recall where i read it but it said Axl has definitely replaced Brian as the lead singer and an AXL/DC concert tour is coming in '18. damn i want that but i want new GN'R music as well :/

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

sorry ican't recall where i read it but it said Axl has definitely replaced Brian as the lead singer and an AXL/DC concert tour is coming in '18. damn i want that but i want new GN'R music as well :/

You're gonna have to be patient and wait for new GN'R I'm afraid, AFR. AXL/DC comes 1st. :P:headbang: