Izzy & Steven Are #1 On List Of 'Top 10 Rockers Fans Want Back In Their Own Bands'

You don’t know what you got ‘till it’s gone. But no, we’re not talking about Cinderella, we’re ranking the Top 10 Rockers Fans Most Want Back in Their Old Bands.

Breakups are hard on everyone. Even when a band continues on, that one incredible lineup tends to stick out as the apex of an act’s creative lineage. There have been few lineups as powerful as Guns N’ Roses’ Appetite for Destruction five-man wrecking crew. The energy that exists between AxlSlashDuffIzzy and Steven gave us perhaps the greatest debut album of all time and with the band’s massively successful reunion tour hitting stadiums around the world, fans would kill to see Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler back in the fold.

It’d take Sherlock Holmes to find a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan who doesn’t miss guitarist John Frusciante. Though Josh Klinghoffer has been holding it down, the magic and unrivaled emotion of Frusciante’s playing gave RHCP their most profound success. It’s hard to believe John has been gone for eight years now, but it’s certain that a return would leave fans weeping with joy.

Brian Johnson’s sudden departure from AC/DC left longtime followers stunned, as Johnson filled vocalist Bon Scott’s massive shoes for well over three decades, debuting on the iconic Back in Black album. Though Axl Rose was surprisingly incredible with Australia’s greatest export, fans still want a return from Johnson assuming his hearing issues can be resolved.

Check out the Top 10 Rockers Fans Most Want Back in Their Old Bands in the Loud List above!

Read More: Top 10 Rockers Fans Want Back in Their Old Bands [Watch] | http://loudwire.com/top-10-rockers-fans-want-back-in-old-bands/?trackback=tsmclip

Edited by todreamofwolves
spelling
  • Like 3

Izzy can't commit to the workload and Steven doesn't have the health/discipline for the workload

It is what it is.  Hope they are involved in new GN'R music though.  Even though they aren't technically in the band, does anyone not feel Izzy is the rhythm guitarist and Steven is not the drummer of GN'R?

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma
  • Like 2

I feel like both are there in spirit anyway. As are all that contributed to the records. Who takes the field any given sunday depends on who owns the team at the time. 

I mean if the band werent as big and they were doing clubs/theatres, short tours, maybe both Izzy and Steven would be there, but Axl might have gone solo. So many scenarios. 

A few shows in LA to mark the anniversary of AFD? 

But does that nix the mega bucks shows that could come later? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Izzy can't commit to the workload and Steven doesn't have the health/discipline for the workload

It is what it is.  Hope they are involved in new GN'R music though.  Even though they aren't technically in the band, does anyone not feel Izzy is the rhythm guitarist and Steven is not the drummer of GN'R?

Yeah! Izzy cant tour! Steven cant play! WOW! These are facts!

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Yeah! Izzy cant tour! Steven cant play! WOW! These are facts!

Izzy won't tour because he wants more money.

steven has already shown he is unreliable by bailing after only a few dates because he wasn't getting his way.

there is no big mystery here.

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Yeah, @Darkenchantress already said it, Stizzy Stradler matters! :shades: And John Frusciante too, of course!!!

I don't wanna get into an argument with you again but I really hope you don't believe the bullshit you're trying to sell.

Steven was being invited to do guest appearances at certain shows (the band/tour didn't depend/rely on him). He declined the last offer because the conditions weren't good for him, that doesn't make him unreliable at all. It's beyond stupid to think and claim he's unreliable because of that. It's like saying Slash is unreliable because he rejected Axl's offer to (apologize and) play a few songs on Chinese Democracy.

Izzy won't tour because he wants more money (according to you) and Steven won't tour because he wants to play more songs (according to himself). Neither of them are unreliable, they just don't like the conditions they were offered and decided to decline. Simple as that.

Izzy won't tour because of money according to izzy not to me. So not sure why you are making out it's not a thing or why you think izzy is lying.

steven was invited for a bunch more appearances but turned them down because he didn't want to choose between Australia and or Asia and wanted more songs. He left the tour because he wanted things that were not on offer to him. If he had stuck it out maybe he would have proved whatever he needed to prove to the band, but he bailed and that's fine, he shouldn't be anywhere he doesn't want to be.

42 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Izzy won't tour because he wants more money.

steven has already shown he is unreliable by bailing after only a few dates because he wasn't getting his way.

there is no big mystery here.

yes, izzy cant tour, izzy only cares about money, steven is unreliable, steven cant play, izzy cant commit

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/4c45c8_cab1d634a76d4a94a255d2be2a4c824e.jpeg_srz_299_367_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpeg_srz

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I feel like both are there in spirit anyway. As are all that contributed to the records. Who takes the field any given sunday depends on who owns the team at the time. 

I mean if the band werent as big and they were doing clubs/theatres, short tours, maybe both Izzy and Steven would be there, but Axl might have gone solo. So many scenarios. 

If GNR did 2 nights at the Hollywood Bowl (and those Bowl shows can go into November)  I can see Izzy and Steven taking part in it. 

3 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

If GNR did 2 nights at the Hollywood Bowl (and those Bowl shows can go into November)  I can see Izzy and Steven taking part in it. 

It would cool if it coincided with a cd release then they'll blow into the next year of touring. If Izzy checks out or Steven breaks his hand it won't matter. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wasted said:

Many things can happen in a lifetime. Adler is already shutting his mouth so maybe that's a good sign. Axl was trying to solve it by saying the name of the person he had issues with twice like always, trying to avoid escalation? (Robin is Robin, Izzy is Izzy)

I think feelings were hurt, but Izzy could always not dwell on shit, even if this latest FP money thing could be insulting to anyone that was such a big part of it or just a part of it.

I think in the studio it will make a difference if they go for it without Izzy. There's still time to get another Guns album, Axl/DC and full reunion show or of course nothing.

Edited by Rovim

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Many things can happen in a lifetime. Adler is already shutting his mouth so maybe that's a good sign. Axl was trying to solve it by saying the name of the person he had issues with twice like always, trying to aviod making it worse? (Robin is Robin, Izzy is Izzy)

I think feelings were hurt, but Izzy could always not dwell on shit, even if this latest FP money thing could be insulting to anyone that was such a big part of it or just a part of it.

I think in the studio it will make a difference if they go for it without Izzy. There's still time to get another Guns album, Axl/DC and full reunion show or of course nothing.

I expect Izzy to turn up with some songs and then leave. Start the tour but then leave. GNR is a flat circle. This will happen again. 

• Like 2

Izzy didn't want more loot, he wanted equal loot. Different things, everything else you're just assuming it.

27 minutes ago, wasted said:

I expect Izzy to turn up with some songs and then leave. Start the tour but then leave. GNR is a flat circle. This will happen again. 

I actually would like this to happen :lol: so some people would have a real reason to bitch about him. 

I think the harsh reality is that Axl, Slash and Duff all seem to be on the same wavelength. They're mature, smart and sober and all share the same desire for the future of the band and where it's going. Steven is like a child, trying to have a proper conversation with him must be taxing. It sounds mean but I just don't think they want him as their drummer. But they've thrown him and the fans a bone by letting him play with them onstage for a little while. I think it's a similar situation with Izzy. I think Axl and, I suspect Slash and Duff too, don't think he's as good of a player as Richard. Plus, he wouldn't be a yes man. So any potential drama is a threat to this thing and any unnecessary threats should probably best be avoided in their eyes. If he's not gonna make a difference to the income of the tour but wants equal pay, AND wouldn't make a difference to the quality of the band (in their eyes) why bother? Again, they've probably offered him a guest spot for a pay check and he's said fuck that.

This is just my opinion, I'm not saying I agree with what I think they think about Izzy and Steven. It's just what I think their true reasoning for their absence is. Most of it is speculation, but with little to no information we kind of have no choice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

Izzy didn't want more loot, he wanted equal loot. Different things, everything else you're just assuming it.

I actually would like this to happen :lol: so some people would have a real reason to bitch about him. 

It's nothing that hasn't happened in another life. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexC said:

I think the harsh reality is that Axl, Slash and Duff all seem to be on the same wavelength. They're mature, smart and sober and all share the same desire for the future of the band and where it's going. Steven is like a child, trying to have a proper conversation with him must be taxing. It sounds mean but I just don't think they want him as their drummer. But they've thrown him and the fans a bone by letting him play with them onstage for a little while. I think it's a similar situation with Izzy. I think Axl and, I suspect Slash and Duff too, don't think he's as good of a player as Richard. Plus, he wouldn't be a yes man. So any potential drama is a threat to this thing and any unnecessary threats should probably best be avoided in their eyes. If he's not gonna make a difference to the income of the tour but wants equal pay, AND wouldn't make a difference to the quality of the band (in their eyes) why bother? Again, they've probably offered him a guest spot for a pay check and he's said fuck that.

This is just my opinion, I'm not saying I agree with what I think they think about Izzy and Steven. It's just what I think their true reasoning for their absence is. Most of it is speculation, but with little to no information we kind of have no choice.

I agree. Richard (and Frank, Melissa, & Dizzy) will do whatever is asked of them with little to no argument. I think you're right about Izzy. IMO, I don't think they ever asked him to reunite with them full-time. I don't think they wanted him on tour. Like Steven, they prob just asked if he wanted to or would be willing to play a couple of songs at a couple of shows. He might have been insulted that he wasn't asked to join full-time. Maybe that's what he meant by splitting the loot equally. 

• Like 3