Izzy & Steven Are #1 On List Of 'Top 10 Rockers Fans Want Back In Their Own Bands'

Personally I think izzy was insuled that they offered him a deal fit for a hired hand.

And he conveyed that message with the phrase "equal loot".  That doesnt mean he literally wanted everyone to earn the same exact amount.

It's more about respect

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

There is no way in hell Axl even considered replacing Fortus with Izzy as main rhythm guitar player. Maybe Axl offered him to tour and write with Guns, but Axl offered DJ to stay even when Slash was coming back, Fortus clearly wanted to stay, Axl has no reason to fire or downgrade his position in the band regardless of loot.

So staying loyal and with a kind of band menrality was really more like it than an attempt at a AFD5 reunion that failed. 

So Izzy wanted equal loot as the 3rd guitarist or 1 of 3. It's kind of difficult to work it out. With no clear cut committment to the AFD line up reunion it's hard to give him equal share. He's vital to the AFD line up reunion. But in terms of making UYI and touring it maybe he's not as vital, hence they play Coma. I feel like he could have been there in some capacity and it would have been cool. Even if Izzy n Steven popped up for certain songs. it would be weird for Izzy doing guest spots on the reunion tour though. Maybe it would be too obvious. The fans would be confused. In the end he'd have to be onstage and get equal loot. 

• Like 1

Just now, wasted said:

So Izzy wanted equal loot as the 3rd guitarist or 1 of 3. It's kind of difficult to work it out. With no clear cut committment to the AFD line up reunion it's hard to give him equal share. He's vital to the AFD line up reunion. But in terms of making UYI and touring it maybe he's not as vital, hence they play Coma. I feel like he could have been there in some capacity and it would have been cool. Even if Izzy n Steven popped up for certain songs. it would be weird for Izzy doing guest spots on the reunion tour though. Maybe it would be too obvious. The fans would be confused. In the end he'd have to be onstage and get equal loot. 

"but in terms of making uyi and touring it maybe he's not as vital…"  

come on, Izzy is the backbone of afd, lies, and both illusion records.  izzy is the backbone of all the "hits" that've kept these motherfuckers paid for years, he was the backbone of the songs axl toured with for years with his solo band.  

Izzy deserves whatever the others are getting.  anything else is insane.  his writing defines this band.  without izzy there's no gnr.  so these three need to pony the fuck up if they want the master to play ball.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunset Gardner said:

come on, Izzy is the backbone of afd, lies, and both illusion records.  izzy is the backbone of all the "hits" that've kept these motherfuckers paid for years, he was the backbone of the songs axl toured with for years with his solo band.  

Izzy deserves whatever the others are getting.  anything else is insane.  his writing defines this band.  without izzy there's no gnr.  so these three need to pony the fuck up if they want the master to play ball.  

No he don´t deserves whatever the others are getting. All the hits already has been over there for a long long time, the songs have been played since forever and already profited the money that supposed to be maked. The headline of this tour is that Axl and Slash are together again on stage the big money came from this fact not only from the songs. People (casuals and hardcore fans) are paying all this money to see Axl and Slash playing these songs together. Talking about money, that's the reality.

2 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

Believe me I know what you mean. We know Izzy wrote a lot of the UYI songs even the hits. But it was really Slash and Axl who made UYI. Izzy wasn't there for most of recording/tinkering. He said himself he wrote and laid down his tracks then left. He even said himself the albuns were way beyond him with Slash songs and Axls epics. Then he starts and quits the tour after refusing to do videos. There were a lot of videos and a lot of shows. 

So I think to make sense of it you have to make a distinction between writing and the success of videos/touring which really defined the band to the mainstream. Then you have to look at what they are doing a reunion of. It's that touring UYI band. So I guess they could feel they stuck it out for the videos and touring while Izzy quit. So it's the business side that is really driving it. All those songs Axl made videos of are in the setlist. And it's really that video touring success they are redoing for those fans. 

I have total sympathy with the fact Izzy wrote a lot on UYI and AFD/Lies. And that is a strong arguement. But his dislike of huge tours and his flighty image must have had some effect. There's also some part of the stadium band that marginalizes the writer of the songs. Whoever wrote it Axl and Slash hold the power because they are the big guys at the shows. Even looking at the solo albums Izzy does uncommercial rock n roll albums, Axl and Slash do big rock songs. 

You would hope that they could see Izzy's contribution and offer him equal share. Like without him we wouldn't have got the chance. But somehow the reality of slogging around stadiums for 20 years must have just made them more pragmatic. Duff worked with him on How to be Man ep? Praised him for his writing. But maybe at crunch time the offer was for Axl and Slash and Duff set it up. So Izzy had no leverage. 

Maybe Izzy doesn't really want to tour that much, he'd do it for bug bucks or exactly the right line up. Maybe he was out when Steven was out. They might even have plans on down the road. Everyon's played now. It's only a matter of time. Maybe in my opinion pure speculation etc. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Izzy can't commit to the workload and Steven doesn't have the health/discipline for the workload

It is what it is.  Hope they are involved in new GN'R music though.  Even though they aren't technically in the band, does anyone not feel Izzy is the rhythm guitarist and Steven is not the drummer of GN'R?

I understand we're all entitled to our opinions but, that's ne of the silliest things I've ever read. Ever. Thanks :lol:

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, Gackt said:

I think there's a louder, larger majority of people who'd want to see Ace & Peter back in KISS over Izzy & Steven back in GnR

Doubt that.

19 hours ago, AlexC said:

I think the harsh reality is that Axl, Slash and Duff all seem to be on the same wavelength. They're mature, smart and sober and all share the same desire for the future of the band and where it's going. Steven is like a child, trying to have a proper conversation with him must be taxing. It sounds mean but I just don't think they want him as their drummer. But they've thrown him and the fans a bone by letting him play with them onstage for a little while. I think it's a similar situation with Izzy. I think Axl and, I suspect Slash and Duff too, don't think he's as good of a player as Richard. Plus, he wouldn't be a yes man. So any potential drama is a threat to this thing and any unnecessary threats should probably best be avoided in their eyes. If he's not gonna make a difference to the income of the tour but wants equal pay, AND wouldn't make a difference to the quality of the band (in their eyes) why bother? Again, they've probably offered him a guest spot for a pay check and he's said fuck that.

This is just my opinion, I'm not saying I agree with what I think they think about Izzy and Steven. It's just what I think their true reasoning for their absence is. Most of it is speculation, but with little to no information we kind of have no choice.

Well, I can agree with this. You said it, Izzy won't be a yes man. Slash and Duff, are yes men. So.. that's that.

Once again folks, this is AXL'S band.

3 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Well, I can agree with this. You said it, Izzy won't be a yes man. Slash and Duff, are yes men. So.. that's that.

Once again folks, this is AXL'S band.

They didn't have many options though. They knew that if they wanted to return to Guns it would mean Axl will be in control. But it's not like they're getting a bad deal here. Axl is not late anymore, and added Coma cause he thought Slash would be pleased. Compromise on both sides.

They can make a ton of money and not wait around for Axl, doing their side projects when Axl is resting. It was the smart thing to do, especially for Slash.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, magnumpi said:

Personally I think izzy was insuled that they offered him a deal fit for a hired hand.

And he conveyed that message with the phrase "equal loot".  That doesnt mean he literally wanted everyone to earn the same exact amount.

It's more about respect

Izzy doesn't need you to translate his tweets for him. He said what he said, you should give the guy some respect and take him at his word, not what you think his word should be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Izzy doesn't need you to translate his tweets for him. He said what he said, you should give the guy some respect and take him at his word, not what you think his word should be.

Ahh MadDog, always so quick to remind people to stick to the facts except when you're spouting your own bullshit opinions.

27 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Ahh MadDog, always so quick to remind people to stick to the facts except when you're spouting your own bullshit opinions.

What opinions did I post that I stated were facts?

Would be curious to see what you find out as it's  not something I do, it's the behaviour of an oddball.

11 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Constant stream of complaints for Fortus and Frank would never make Axl want to fire them, it's actually has reverse effects.

Why do you think that? For decades, most fans bitched that they wanted the hired hands out and Slash & Duff back in (at minimum) and that happened. 

For Axl, it's all about the money these days. And the AFD5 is where people would be willing to spend the most now that the NITL tour has run its course and become extremely boring.

7 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Why do you think that? For decades, most fans bitched that they wanted the hired hands out and Slash & Duff back in (at minimum) and that happened. 

For Axl, it's all about the money these days. And the AFD5 is where people would be willing to spend the most now that the NITL tour has run its course and become extremely boring.

It has run it's course?  Europe haven't even seen it yet man

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

just like @gunsguy said: Europe haven't seen them yet. And i guess it's only boring for those who watch every single show on periscope. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

What opinions did I post that I stated were facts?

Would be curious to see what you find out as it's  not something I do, it's the behaviour of an oddball.

You misread what I wrote so I'll rephrase. The only time you're not treating people's opinions as if they're stating a fact and then criticising them for it is when you're stating one of your own opinions.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

I think it's because Slash and Duff has better place in Axl's heart (lmao) more than Steven or Izzy, their return also helped by Bumble and Tommy departure, Axl didn't fire them both, so unless Fortus or Frank became huge fuck up or quit themselves the chance of the original return is so small, because Axl would never suddenly fire them.

30 minutes ago, AlexC said:

You misread what I wrote so I'll rephrase. The only time you're not treating people's opinions as if they're stating a fact and then criticising them for it is when you're stating one of your own opinions.

I don't state my opinions as fact, so, again I have no idea what you're talking about and clearly nor do you. At least present some examples of what you're talking about, is that so hard to do?

I'm calling out the poster above for putting words in Izzy Stradlins mouth. Izzy made a clear statement, there was nothing vague about it. He  said what he said and now people are saying he didn't mean what he said, it was about respect not equal loot. Wtf? What are you guys drinking? You don't get to change the meaning of words and sentences and then put your opinion out there as if it's just a valid as the original statement. If I have an opinion that red is blue and green is black, is that okay? 

11 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

I don't state my opinions as fact, so, again I have no idea what you're talking about and clearly nor do you. At least present some examples of what you're talking about, is that so hard to do?

I'm calling out the poster above for putting words in Izzy Stradlins mouth. Izzy made a clear statement, there was nothing vague about it. He  said what he said and now people are saying he didn't mean what he said, it was about respect not equal loot. Wtf? What are you guys drinking? You don't get to change the meaning of words and sentences and then put your opinion out there as if it's just a valid as the original statement. If I have an opinion that red is blue and green is black, is that okay? 

Here's an example:

You posted "Steven has proven he's unreliable" which is an opinion, not a fact. You used the example of him note wanting to go to Asia and Australia, which is a fact, to back up your opinion that he's unreliable. The fact that he didn't want to fly to those 2 places to play a couple songs doesn't make your opinion that he's unreliable a fact. It only serves to back up why you have the opinion you do.

So yes, you've posted your opinion as fact.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, todreamofwolves said:

Did you really think that Slash and Duff are back because the fans claimed that they wanted Stinson,Bumble and DJ off? I don`t think so...The Million dollar proposals and the "bring Slash back" always had been around and it did not happen until those guys asked to leave. I mean, the money and fans cry It was not what decided the return of Slash and Duff, the context(departures) and the fact that Axl and Slash are in good terms again was.