Izzy & Steven Are #1 On List Of 'Top 10 Rockers Fans Want Back In Their Own Bands'

Just now, Kasanova King said:

This is about the 20th topic about Adler and Stradlin I've seen here over the past couple of weeks.  Same debate over and over again.

There really isn't a lot to debate about folks.  If y'all really want to see Steven and Izzy back in the shows, stop buying tickets to the shows.  You'll see how fast those two will magically start appearing at shows when they can only fill 20k seats in a 60k capacity stadium.

Until that happens, GN'R will do whatever they want to do....Really no use debating it anymore.

EXACTLY.

Same goes for many things like this over years. I've always said the same thing: VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET. When GN'R stops getting the money is the only time they'll realize the fans aren't pleased. All these people that complain and claim that they're never going to a GN'R show again, still end up going. GN'R gets their money and nothing changes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

EXACTLY.

Same goes for many things like this over years. I've always said the same thing: VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET. When GN'R stops getting the money is the only time they'll realize the fans aren't pleased. All these people that complain and claim that they're never going to a GN'R show again, still end up going. GN'R gets their money and nothing changes.

Spouting off BS

I havnt gone to a single show, havnt spent a dime.

Gnr to me is Axl, slash, izzy, Duff, and Steven. I have no interest seeing another lineup

• Like 1

Just now, magnumpi said:

Spouting off BS

I havnt gone to a single show, havnt spent a dime.

Gnr to me is Axl, slash, izzy, Duff, and Steven. I have no interest seeing another lineup

The thing is that you're the exception to the rule and to be honest, good on your for sticking to your guns (no pun intended). Many, many people are the opposite. They make wild claims about never going to another GN'R show, then they end up posting a review or comments about yet another show they went to.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

EXACTLY.

You know that could never work. How many people are in the forum? What difference can we make? I think it's a well known fact that most of the people attending the shows are "casual fans" who go because Slash and Axl are back together. They don't care about the setlist (as long as some of the hits are played), the other band members (Duff included) or anything else so they will go regardless of the band having Izzy Stradlin or Dj Ashba on rhythm guitar. The biggest concern these people could have (ridiculous tardiness) have been solved so why wouldn't they go.

I do find it crazy, though, when some people claim they would never go to a show and stuff like that. I respect it but I think they're missing a huge opportunity. I'm often trying to convince people who's doubtful that they have to go, even if only for selfish reasons (because the band is fn' aswesome as it is now) but not everyone feels the same.

I think those who decide not to go to the shows, don't do it as an attempt to affect the band's finances but because they really feel they wouldn't enjoy it.

• Like 1

Frankly when izzy left back in 1991 I immediately began to lose interest because Ive always hated bands switching members and at the time it seemed GNR was about to become a circus.

Even back then izzy seemed irreplaceable if the original integrity of the band was going to be maintained

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

You know that could never work. How many people are in the forum? What difference can we make? I think it's a well known fact that most of the people attending the shows are "casual fans" who go because Slash and Axl are back together. They don't care about the setlist (as long as some of the hits are played), the other band members (Duff included) or anything else so they will go regardless of the band having Izzy Stradlin or Dj Ashba on rhythm guitar. The biggest concern these people could have (ridiculous tardiness) have been solved so why wouldn't they go.

I do find it crazy, though, when some people claim they would never go to a show and stuff like that. I respect it but I think they're missing a huge opportunity. I'm often trying to convince people who's doubtful that they have to go, even if only for selfish reasons (because the band is fn' aswesome as it is now) but not everyone feels the same.

I think those who decide not to go to the shows, don't do it as an attempt to affect the band's finances but because they really feel they wouldn't enjoy it.

My money and time is valuable

I'm not attending something that I do not believe to be authentic.  Am I allowed to have my own preferences?

None of this matters, Axl doesn't want Izzy or Adler in the band. It's really as harsh as it sounds. He has zero interest in playing with those guys and I understand many having zero interest in the hybrid lineup. 

Im more interested in seeing if Axl and Slash want to be the big names, the big stage presence, and be the ticket sellers then we need to see them show they are capable of producing a great album that lives up to their name and the bands name even in their 50's. 

This reunion is just a lineup change, and I think Axl wants to do something creative with these guys otherwise he could easily coast it in with the AFD lineup and make everyone happy. However he feels Richard and Frank are more up to the task of doing something with then Izzy and Adler...so the time will come to put his line up to the test and I hope we see what they are capable of then. 

Axl values loyalty here and the band he has now is in it for the long haul in his opinion...I think he's afraid of Izzy leaving or Adler not willing to escape the AFD days, he obviously is trying to make this thing run without disruption. We'll see how far this goes, still early 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, magnumpi said:

My money and time is valuable

I'm not attending something that I do not believe to be authentic.  Am I allowed to have my own preferences?

It's a very valid option. To be honest, the only reason I bought a ticket for Madrid is that I still keep that little hope that they work things out with Izzy (and Steven). The hope is smaller everyday but well, I'd hate for it to happen and don't have the chance to see it. 

15 minutes ago, magnumpi said:

Is this a serious post or a joke? I would swear I just said: 

19 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I'm often trying to convince people who's doubtful that they have to go, even if only for selfish reasons (because the band is fn' aswesome as it is now) but not everyone feels the same.

So yeah, I believe you are allowed and I'm pretty sure I've never said otherwise... :facepalm:

Nothing lasts forever, enjoy Gn'R. It's big money. Sometimes it doesn't work out perfectly from the get go, but that doesn't mean Izzy won't do shows with them in the future or even collaborate. No one is to blame here it seems. Izzy thinks he deserves a partnership, equal loot. Axl is loyal to Fortus and maybe doesn't think Izzy was there enough or needs him enough to hire him. The price is too high.

But if Axl and Slash can get along cause Duff is a knock knock joke master, Izzy can get over it or Axl can try again with Izzy at a later time. Adler is probably gonna do more shows with Gn'R as well.

Got a ticket to a show and I would have loved it if Steven and Izzy were there playing too. But honestly, this is basically the Illusion line up plus employees all over again and an album is not going to happen soon.

I think we got it pretty good, could have been so much worse, still with DJ.

No one can replace Izzy and Steven, but it's still Gn'R to me with an Izzy option for the future. It was never stable with him and he doesn't tour for years at a time like Curly, Moe, and Larry do.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

This is about the 20th topic about Adler and Stradlin I've seen here over the past couple of weeks.  Same debate over and over again.

There really isn't a lot to debate about folks.  If y'all really want to see Steven and Izzy back in the shows, stop buying tickets to the shows.  You'll see how fast those two will magically start appearing at shows when they can only fill 20k seats in a 60k capacity stadium.

Until that happens, GN'R will do whatever they want to do....Really no use debating it anymore.

THANK YOU. I would like to see them onstage with GNR but it's tiresome.

Not even Izzy and Steven are giving this matter so much attention:lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here's an example:

You posted "Steven has proven he's unreliable" which is an opinion, not a fact. You used the example of him note wanting to go to Asia and Australia, which is a fact, to back up your opinion that he's unreliable. The fact that he didn't want to fly to those 2 places to play a couple songs doesn't make your opinion that he's unreliable a fact. It only serves to back up why you have the opinion you do.

So yes, you've posted your opinion as fact.

I never stated it was as fact but it's a perfectly acceptable point. He has a history of being unreliable and relapsing and had to be replaced for the tour by frank due to injuring himself.

Having an opinion that he is unreliable isn't in the slightest bit strange. He has proven himself to be unreliable many times. Would you like a list of times? Many are quite recent.

What is strange is putting words in band members mouths. Stating that what izzy wrote on twitter was not what he mean't is not something someone should have an opinion on, it's not a matter or opinion. What he wrote is what he wrote, he said what he said. 

Edited by MADDOGJONES

How boring must ones life be, if you find the time and the energy to discuss the same old fucking shit for a millionth time on a forum over and over again. I mean, its not even gonna change anything. Steven is not coming back and so is izzy. So stop acting like annoying pussys and stop making this forum seem like a fucking loop. Cause it just gets annoying after a time. 

Jesus, some people here are retarded, i swear,

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

How boring must ones life be, if you find the time and the energy to discuss the same old fucking shit for a millionth time on a forum over and over again. I mean, its not even gonna change anything. Steven is not coming back and so is izzy. So stop acting like annoying pussys and stop making this forum seem like a fucking loop. Cause it just gets annoying after a time. 

You sound really intelligent yourself

You seem a good judge to deem a person retarded.  You must have much experience in this endeavor.

I can see them having an AFD5 phase before it fall apart again. Like the VH reunion. So when they release an album it's based off the AFD5 reunion. They would only have to keep it together for 6 months. I guess it could get messy. 

Edited by wasted

21 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

:rolleyes:

Edited by Darkenchantress

8 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Ouch.

I understand where you're coming from and I know we've had this conversation many times in the Izzy thread but I think it just comes down to different viewpoints. I don't feel right putting money in GNR's pockets when the musician that made me a GNR fan in the first place hasn't been included in the tour. Especially when he wants to be there. It just feels wrong to me no matter how many times I try to justify going to a show.

I know my money most likely wont matter to them and I'm just one person but I just can't do it. I don't think that makes me crazy. (Or maybe it does. :lol:)  I just know if I end up going to a show I wont feel right about it.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

basically every thread has at least once '2017 is 30 years AFD, a chance for anniversary tour blah blah'...has it ever occured to anyone that every tour Ax did in the last 15 years was practicaly AFD tour with few UYI's, CD'S and covers!?!?

I am so sick and tired of every single AFD song I would not object if they dropped every single one for the rest of GNR existance tours.

Sure...we do need them, but above all we need less covers and more UYI and Lies gems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

basically every thread has at least once '2017 is 30 years AFD, a chance for anniversary tour blah blah'...has it ever occured to anyone that every tour Ax did in the last 15 years was practicaly AFD tour with few UYI's, CD'S and covers!?!?

I am so sick and tired of every single AFD song I would not object if they dropped every single one for the rest of GNR existance tours.

Sure...we do need them, but above all we need less covers and more UYI and Lies gems.

Be careful. I posted something similar about cutting down on the AFD songs and was ripped a new one. :P Like you said -- these songs have been played for the past 15 years on the Chinese Democracy Tour # infinity. It has been done to death and there is fatigue setting in. I understand the casual tour audiences want to hear the hits, but can we replace My Michelle, Out ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, etc with stuff from the Illusions and Lies? Just for the sake of novelty, can we swap in Locomotive, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Dead Horse, etc? 

Before they drop anything from AFD though, the endless cover tunes and Chinese Democracy stuff should be dropped immediately. I like CD but a lot of these songs have been played to death the past 15 years. Enough already. I'm cool with never hearing Chinese Democracy, Better, and This I love again. If they insist on playing CD material, then choose the stuff that isn't played much like If the World, Sorry, Prostitute, etc.

#1 thing that needs to be cut are the cover tunes. They will lose nothing by dropping Live and Let Die and The Seeker from the setlist. Knocking on Heaven's Door is just gratuitous. A five minute song is dragged out for 20 minutes -- atleast give us some reggae Axl.

Edited by RONIN

38 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Be careful. I posted something similar about cutting down on the AFD songs and was ripped a new one. :P Like you said -- these songs have been played for the past 15 years on the Chinese Democracy Tour # infinity. It has been done to death and there is fatigue setting in. I understand the casual tour audiences want to hear the hits, but can we replace My Michelle, Out ta Get Me, Rocket Queen, etc with stuff from the Illusions and Lies? Just for the sake of novelty, can we swap in Locomotive, Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Dead Horse, etc? 

Before they drop anything from AFD though, the endless cover tunes and Chinese Democracy stuff should be dropped immediately. I like CD but a lot of these songs have been played to death the past 15 years. Enough already. I'm cool with never hearing Chinese Democracy, Better, and This I love again. If they insist on playing CD material, then choose the stuff that isn't played much like If the World, Sorry, Prostitute, etc.

#1 thing that needs to be cut are the cover tunes. They will lose nothing by dropping Live and Let Die and The Seeker from the setlist. Knocking on Heaven's Door is just gratuitous. A five minute song is dragged out for 20 minutes -- atleast give us some reggae Axl.

With live and let die and knocking though they really made them their own, they are not "covers" in the same way that the seeker is, which I too could do without. Really would like to hear sailing again if they were to replace seeker with another cover, I thought axls voice on that song was incredible. 

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

Nothing lasts forever, enjoy Gn'R. It's big money. Sometimes it doesn't work out perfectly from the get go, but that doesn't mean Izzy won't do shows with them in the future or even collaborate. No one is to blame here it seems. Izzy thinks he deserves a partnership, equal loot. Axl is loyal to Fortus and maybe doesn't think Izzy was there enough or needs him enough to hire him. The price is too high.

But if Axl and Slash can get along cause Duff is a knock knock joke master, Izzy can get over it or Axl can try again with Izzy at a later time. Adler is probably gonna do more shows with Gn'R as well.

Got a ticket to a show and I would have loved it if Steven and Izzy were there playing too. But honestly, this is basically the Illusion line up plus employees all over again and an album is not going to happen soon.

I think we got it pretty good, could have been so much worse, still with DJ.

No one can replace Izzy and Steven, but it's still Gn'R to me with an Izzy option for the future. It was never stable with him and he doesn't tour for years at a time like Curly, Moe, and Larry do.

DJ was kind of perfect to tour CD though. Who else is going to go up on a column playing Chi dem riff? For Finck that would be too mainstream. The more I ponder Azzof's plan to have Slash tour CD in 2009 I wonder if Dj was Slash's decoy. He was there to promo Jungle, Sweet Child and do a emo Godfather theme. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Reading comments and replying on a phone takes minutes and requires little to no effort and doesn't interfere with anything else in life. As far as I can tell anyway. Plus if there's no official statement released by the band on these issues, you're gonna get constant speculation by super-fans. Guns is lucky that people care so much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

With live and let die and knocking though they really made them their own, they are not "covers" in the same way that the seeker is, which I too could do without. Really would like to hear sailing again if they were to replace seeker with another cover, I thought axls voice on that song was incredible. 

Opportunity cost man. The time they spend playing those covers could be dedicated to dusting off Locomotive and Breakdown.

I understand that they have to play Live and Let Die and KOHD for the stadium tours, but if they continue the tour and play arenas in 2018, it's going to get stale hearing these songs over and over again. One can only hope they take a page from Pearl Jam - a band Axl wanted to emulate in the 90's - and start mixing up the setlists with more illusion stuff. A pipe dream, but here's hoping. 

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2