Izzy & Steven Are #1 On List Of 'Top 10 Rockers Fans Want Back In Their Own Bands'

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

You are a very patient man @BorderlineCrazy I bet your spirit animal is a wise elephant or something :lol:

LOL, just took a quiz and turns out I'm a deer :lol:

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Ouch.

I understand where you're coming from and I know we've had this conversation many times in the Izzy thread but I think it just comes down to different viewpoints. I don't feel right putting money in GNR's pockets when the musician that made me a GNR fan in the first place hasn't been included in the tour. Especially when he wants to be there. It just feels wrong to me no matter how many times I try to justify going to a show.

I know my money most likely wont matter to them and I'm just one person but I just can't do it. I don't think that makes me crazy. (Or maybe it does. :lol:)  I just know if I end up going to a show I wont feel right about it.

Hey, I didn't mean to say those who don't wanna go are crazy (I guess as this isn't my native language, sometimes my sentences might come out wrong), what I mean is as much as I understand and respect different positions/opinions/feelings, it blows my mind 'cause I just CAN'T feel that way. You know how upset I am about certain things, yet I couldn't even consider missing a show here in Argentina so when I think of people who love the band and having the chance to see them say "no, thanks", it feels weird to me, I can't grasp it. From a rational perspective, I totally get it and especially in a case like yours, as Izzy is your favorite member of the band (which is not my case, although I adore him).

The last part of my post was about people like you. I know you're not avoiding the shows to fuck the band financially, if you're not going is because you think you won't enjoy it or you'll feel bad about it and that's fine. If you're not gonna have a good time, then what's the point?

I don't rule out the possiblity that you're crazy, though, but I like you this way :)

• Like 2

I can see why the majority of show goers don't care about Izzy because to have to dig deep and read the right interviews and read the song credits. Even to know about his solo records you have to be on forums. 

But the grass roots probably passes up through the click bait until it get some coverage in Rolling stone which I listened to podcast on RS and they seemed to know about Izzy/Obviously to when it get's into People then promoters will lay down the 5 mil to cover each guy. It's going to happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, action said:

"the danger of GNR"

i guess the closest to get to danger with this band nowadays, is steven giving an interview about a book with his mom by his side

You expect them to act the same as they did when they were 20?

grow up, kiddo

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

it is almost insane you have catalogue like GNR but play 6 covers a gig!?

what logic does that make?

The band likes to play some covers, Axl agrees, they play it. Casuals like to hear it, they play it.

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

You expect them to act the same as they did when they were 20?

grow up, kiddo

of course not

but slowly it sinks in, i'm more busy now hoping for the threesome to last, hoping steven and izzy don't piss off uncle Axl too much and i'm now actually being paranoid when steven presents a book with his mom. "oh, i hope Axl won't be pissed off with Steven's comments"

what happened to the band? what happened to me? why am i dragged into this void of paranoia and politics? why am i worrying about stupid things like when Axl and Duff give an interview together and hope "Axl won't get mad and blow up the whole thing"? Duff calling on all his political skills to sail the ship through the cliffs, both of them giving senseless answers to senseless questions.

everyone is walking on eggs. the band, the fans,... and even the media is playing nice. no bob guccione jr or mick wall this time around.

in their heyday, neither them or us had a care in the world...

meanwhile the world has gone bonkers and i need good old fashioned GNR more than ever. genuine GNR, that is.

their concerts seem like an avatar of the band it used to be. too much money involved to have any danger (the tour was advertised as such, funny enough).

I like the tour, i really do. But part of me hasn't forgotten what they stood for. what they should stand for today.

• Like 2