Are You're Crazy and Better are about the same person?

Both songs have themes about Axl being unfulfilled emotionally in a relationship where the woman seems to only care about physicality. 20 years after You're Crazy, Better is released and drops "you're crazy" in the lyrics, with the idea being that now that he's older, he finally knows better than to keep in contact/relationship with this woman. Is it possible it's a sequel song of sorts? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Like he didn't care about physicality, with the endless cheating he's done to all of his partners! :lol:

No, I don't think it's about the same person. But he may get involved with the same kind of person over and over.

Agree

To me it becomes like a song about anti-love. If I were you I'd try to avoid the invitation of promised love? 

Sometimes when you are still with someone but love has died you are alone. No one ever told me when I was alone they thought I'd know better. 

So it's like a general warning. You can fall in love but in the end still be alone and not know. But he learned and now he knows better. 

Slash might relate these days? 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, History2010 said:

I think you're right. But the tune has moved on from Axl saying their crazy to I know better. The outro rant in Better is like a guy who is over the game of love. 

Even If the World kind accepts love as part of our dream in this world. 

So no Hallmark sponsorship for GNR. Happy mother's day, motherfuckers!

Edited by wasted
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Stro said:

Both songs have themes about Axl being unfulfilled emotionally in a relationship where the woman seems to only care about physicality. 20 years after You're Crazy, Better is released and drops "you're crazy" in the lyrics, with the idea being that now that he's older, he finally knows better than to keep in contact/relationship with this woman. Is it possible it's a sequel song of sorts? 

Thats a neat question.  Certainly possible.  Axl has connected songs in the same kinda way before - "Its so easy to be social..." in Coma for instance.

Or, as others are saying, its about a tendency he had, but maybe not same person.

Neat insight either way, IMO.

Edited by soon

Has Axl had any kind of serious relationship since Stephanie? He's seemed content to bag models since then. 

Considering how much of Chinese was written in the 90's my guess is the lyrics about relationships are some combination of Erin, Stephanie, Slash and hypothetical.

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Oh man, are we already doing threads like this again? We aren't even in another "dark age!"

No new music

No new interviews

Nothing new in general to be excited about.

No proof of an AFD5 reunion.

This so called 2011-2014 era is basically happening all over again...

18 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Has Axl had any kind of serious relationship since Stephanie? He's seemed content to bag models since then. 

Many assume that hes been with Sasha Volkova (at least off and again) since 2006

Edited by Mendez

17 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Nothing new in general to be excited about.

That might apply to you, but not to the majority of fans who actually go to fucking see one of these shows and experience it. You know: live. And not just talk about it on the fucking forums.

On 3/25/2017 at 8:04 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Oh man, are we already doing threads like this again? We aren't even in another "dark age!"

Sorry for getting drunk and hearing the songs and getting a thought, breh