Are You're Crazy and Better are about the same person?

Not about the lyrics but the music, Axl said this in 1989 to RIP Magazine:

Do you like the slow stuff?

I think 'Crazy' sucks. The band's great but I think I sound like shit. It's a very special, magical song. Everytime we record 'Crazy' something happens. When it's really on, the band goes into a trancelike state. You leave everything else behind. I don't think I quite hit what I was looking for. I don't think there's a major problem with it, I just don't think we quite hit it, I think everything else kicks ass!

His voice is amazing in the acoustic version of this song, I don't know what else he wanted to achieve...... crazy perfectionist :shrugs:

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

Not about the lyrics but the music, Axl said this in 1989 to RIP Magazine:

His voice is amazing in the acoustic version of this song, I don't know what else he wanted to achieve...... crazy perfectionist :shrugs:

I take it you mean the Lies version which is amazing. There is another acoustic studio recording though, very different, on the B-side to WTTJ which I also enjoy. The AFD version is OK I guess, love Slizzy on it. 

31 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

I take it you mean the Lies version which is amazing. There is another acoustic studio recording though, very different, on the B-side to WTTJ which I also enjoy. The AFD version is OK I guess, love Slizzy on it. 

Yes, he was talking about what ended up on Lies.

I've never heard that other version you mention now... Is there a way to listen to it online?

15 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes, he was talking about what ended up on Lies.

I've never heard that other version you mention now... Is there a way to listen to it online?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thank you Blackstar! You always to the rescue :P

I've just heard but Im not convinced the singer is Axl?? :question:

Sounds nothing like him, not even like Rapidfire Axl.... more like some guy imitating and not with the body Axl's voice used to have.

If this is real, then I'm glad for the version that ended up in the Lies album because that one is very powerful and sounds like him as we've always known him.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Thank you Blackstar! You always to the rescue :P

I've just heard but Im not convinced the singer is Axl?? :question:

Sounds nothing like him, not even like Rapidfire Axl.... more like some guy imitating and not with the body Axl's voice used to have.

If this is real, then I'm glad for the version that ended up in the Lies album because that one is very powerful and sounds like him as we've always known him.

:)

Yeah, it's Axl. It must have been a live recording in the studio and it was on a 1988 12'' edition of WTTJ.

I prefer the Lies version but I like this one too. Maybe Axl wanted to do a version like the live one in the Late Show and this is why he didn't like himself on the Lies version.

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

:)

Yeah, it's Axl. It must have been a live recording in the studio and it was on a 1988 12'' edition of WTTJ.

I prefer the Lies version but I like this one too. Maybe Axl wanted to do a version like the live one in the Late Show and this is why he didn't like himself on the Lies version.

Wow, he sounds awful, lol :smiley-confused2:

The Late Show version is amazing, too bad he can't say the F bombs :P but the Lies version is still great.

17 hours ago, J Dog said:

You're Crazy (Lies) is one of the best tracks they ever laid down. It's damn near perfect.

ok i'll gave ya that. but it's better when ya can see the glorious Axl. yeah i know the sound is kinda crap but Axl's hotness certainly overcomes that :headbang:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose