Slash singing

blackmore

Poor man, you can see he was suffering :lol:

It might sound ironic after all the discussion about Axl's voice but I really think Slash fucked up his voice with those fn' cigarettes (and some other things too).

Listen to him here in GNR 

Then listen to him in VR, sounds like his throat is going to explode or something :lol:

5 hours ago, blackmore said:

First time I Heard Slash kinda singing. 

Sounds really cool!

His singing at 4:29 is not my favourite, but they get it together after.  Love his Dust and Bones part!  He's pretty audible singing back up on Attitude and Buick Makane I think too.  When he does it well, its great!  He co-wrote lots of lyrics on Its Five O'Clock Somewhere too - theres this whole other dimension we don't get to see much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I swear Velvet Revolver always had the worst crowds. Half of them aren't even facing the band. :facepalm:

I think you're right about the cigarettes. I've noticed in recent interviews his voice is a lot more raspy than it used to be so if it's affecting his regular speech I'm sure it would affect his singing voice much more.

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Sorry but Slash was in this video? I must've been too distracted to see him... :wub:

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I swear Velvet Revolver always had the worst crowds. Half of them aren't even facing the band. :facepalm:

I think you're right about the cigarettes. I've noticed in recent interviews his voice is a lot more raspy than it used to be so if it's affecting his regular speech I'm sure it would affect his singing voice much more.

We gave them some love here. Look at Slash's smile at 0:45 :wub: 

I miss that sweet voice Slash used to have. I'm glad he was never a singer, it would be painful to hear him nowadays :P

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Sorry but Slash was in this video? I must've been too distracted to see him... :wub:

Yeah, he definitely was. You just have the Stradlin Izzyndrome :ph34r:

• Like 2

On 3/25/2017 at 0:27 PM, soon said:

He's pretty audible singing back up on Attitude and Buick Makane I think too.  

Pretty sure Buick Mckane are his most prominent recorded vocals.. Isn't he credited with sharing the lead vocals on that song?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Pretty sure Buick Mckane are his most prominent recorded vocals.. Isn't he credited with sharing the lead vocals on that song?

There's a video of him talking about it, how he hated having to stand in the studio and sing. I love his growly voice.GRRRRR....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That would make sense if he was credited as co-lead vocals on that one. The voice axl uses to blend with him is great too.  Would(ve) loved to hear more like that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2017 at 11:38 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

We gave them some love here. Look at Slash's smile at 0:45 :wub: 

I miss that sweet voice Slash used to have. I'm glad he was never a singer, it would be painful to hear him nowadays :P

Yeah, he definitely was. You just have the Stradlin Izzyndrome :ph34r:

LOL @ the Stradlin Izzyndrome :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...