Chris Slade is a machine

James Bond

Chris Slade is the best drummer AC/DC has ever had. I know I was campaigning hard for Simon Wright to come back when it was clear Phil was out, but that was more for setlist reasons - I can honestly say it would've fallen far below the standard Slade has set, again. Both his stints in the band have produced some of the very best AC/DC live performances ever.

Bring it Phil fans - he ain't as good as Slade. 

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, Powerage5 said:

Chris Slade is the best drummer AC/DC has ever had. I know I was campaigning hard for Simon Wright to come back when it was clear Phil was out, but that was more for setlist reasons - I can honestly say it would've fallen far below the standard Slade has set, again. Both his stints in the band have produced some of the very best AC/DC live performances ever.

Phil mightn't be as "good" as Slade, but Phil all the way for me.

On 3/27/2017 at 9:10 PM, Powerage5 said:

agreed

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

Question: Who plays drums on all of AC/DC's greatest albums?

Answer: Not Chris Slade.

Question: Who phoned in the Black Ice tour and tried to hire a hitman because his shitty solo album failed?

Answer: Not Chris Slade.

• Like 2

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:10 AM, Powerage5 said:

He is an excellent drummer, very clever how he puts his spin on the songs, more bpm, and he's always busy on the kit! I play drums myself, and there is something to be said for letting the songs breathe though, Rudd stays in 4x4 time, as a drummer you want to progress, speed up / slow down, throw in Tom rolls. It's not that he cant do that, but his discipline in that is amazing. I'm glad Chris has a second chance, was rooting for him! The breathing in the songs is also causing uproar at the moment in Guns, Frank adds fills that are not there on Estranged for example. Sorum let the song flow

6 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Don't get me wrong, Slade is fucking awesome too but I could never say I prefer him over Rudd in ACDC.

It's great he's got another go and it's the one sunny bit of news in the recent list of ACDC tragedies, but Phil is the man for ACDC.

Slade for me, he IS awesome,his pedigree shows :)

Really? I think he's really sloppy at times. Also he abuses that hi-hat like fuck. Seriously, once you notice that it's all you can fucking hear it's so annoying. Phil "the human metronome" Rudd was super tight. Slade is good and of course yes he's 71 so there is that. But I don't think there's many mistakes to be made in the simplicity of AC/DC's drumming but he seems to be making them on at least a few songs.

He's still great though and doesn't ruin the band or anything.

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Really? I think he's really sloppy at times. Also he abuses that hi-hat like fuck. Seriously, once you notice that it's all you can fucking hear it's so annoying. Phil "the human metronome" Rudd was super tight. Slade is good and of course yes he's 71 so there is that. But I don't think there's many mistakes to be made in the simplicity of AC/DC's drumming but he seems to be making them on at least a few songs.

He's still great though and doesn't ruin the band or anything.

i don't find that at all. Slade has been a very sought after studio musician as well as playing in several well known bands. we all have our preferences though :)

• Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i don't find that at all. Slade has been a very sought after studio musician as well as playing in several well known bands. we all have our preferences though :)

I still miss seeing Phil smoking on stage not giving a fuck. It was cool.

On 3/27/2017 at 3:18 PM, James Bond said:

Seriously.

He'll be 71 this year and could easily be taking some much needed rest after the Rock Or Bust Tour. Instead, he's out doing shows with his Timeline band (which he also sings backing vocals).

I don't think he's going anywhere. This man will be in the road until he drops.

Yeah, and that manic grin of his. It's like the Terminator 's metal face grinning, when it loses its skin and flesh. Total Machine. Love him.

• Like 3