30th anniversary concert guests/setlist

First ever topic i started on the gnr forum. With most likely a 30th anniversary concert coming in July, I can see gnr doing something similar what Dave grohl did on his birthday two years ago at the forum. What guests can u see gnr performing with them at the 30th anniversary. Also what songs can u see gnr bringing back for the 30th anniversary to their set. I also see the la forum is the most likely setting for the anniversary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I can see Axl sitting on his bed laughting at us for believing that they gonna do a special concert for the anniversary while he is eating tons and tons of Taco Bell

I think many of us including myself are wondering when the old Axl is gonna show up. I can see that happening as well.

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

most likely?

I mean it's not confirmed but with Steven talking about Fernando has plans for the 30th anniversary and he showed that billboard on his instagram account and didn't slash and Melissa Reese like the post? Plus Steven been pretty silent since that Eddie trunk interview. I am aware it's speculation still but this is kind of setting up when the troubadour show happened last year.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bailey96 said:

First ever topic i started on the gnr forum. With most likely a 30th anniversary concert coming in July, I can see gnr doing something similar what Dave grohl did on his birthday two years ago at the forum. What guests can u see gnr performing with them at the 30th anniversary. Also what songs can u see gnr bringing back for the 30th anniversary to their set. I also see the la forum is the most likely setting for the anniversary.

Uh....this is highly UNLIKELY

16 minutes ago, Bailey96 said:

Fernando has plans for the 30th anniversary

could be a new shirt on the website, could be a uber duper box set with a lot of shit, could be couple shows with the AFD5 or the current line up playin the entire album, could be a cute image for facebook and twitter, we never know anything about this band

• Like 3

They won't do anything on the actual anniversary, because if they bring out Izzy/Steven before the NA tour and don't then bring them on the whole tour, people would be pissed. The most I could see is adding You're Crazy and Think About You to the current set honestly. If they have anything special planned I would assume they'd save it for Rock In Rio but even that'd probably be a guest for 1-2 songs, and it'll probably be Roger Daltrey for The Seeker. :facepalm:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

could be a new shirt on the website, could be a uber duper box set with a lot of shit, could be couple shows with the AFD5 or the current line up playin the entire album, could be a cute image for facebook and twitter, we never know anything about this band

That's true as well. You'd think they do something big especially for an album that put them where they are today in music history.

2 hours ago, Bailey96 said:

i have to agree that theres good reason for some of the pessimism being expressed, but I too think something will happen.  Maybe a club, maybe a stadium, maybe something else.

I hope theres guests, that would make so much sense and be cool! I'd be happy with everyone from Paris PPV, but I think Tyler seems to have pissed them off claiming he had a role in regrouping.  And Kravitz may or may not have pissed them off by playing too long when he opened recently.  Oh and maybe Beck is still cautious or pissed about his hearing... shoot.... well theres always Baz.  Maybe Wylde!?

I bet they'll play more appetite songs either if they do an actual celebration or even just in the set list next leg of tour.  Its a cash grab after all so why not capitalize on the free press regarding appetite that is sure to happen?  Personally as much as I love Appetite I think the songs they do so far - including the 2 adler tracks - are a good selection.  

Edited by soon
speling
  • Like 1

I hope they don't do the club thing again because only a certain number of ppl can get in. And I agree, if they did have Izzy and Steven there then that's pretty crappy for the rest of the tour! I'm gonna be pretty pissed if it's just a t-shirt or something! Unfortunately I've been following this band for years and I know the score. :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soon said:

i have to agree that theres good reason for some of the pessimism being expressed, but I too think something will happen.  Maybe a club, maybe a stadium, maybe something else.

I hope theres guests, that would make so much sense and be cool! I'd be happy with everyone from Paris PPV, but I think Tyler seems to have pissed them off claiming he had a role in regrouping.  And Kravitz may or may not have pissed them off by playing too long when he opened recently.  Oh and maybe Beck is still cautious or pissed about his hearing... shot.... well theres always Baz.  Maybe Wylde!?

I bet they'll play more appetite songs either if they do an actual celebration or even just in the set list next leg of tour.  Its a cash grab after all so why not capitalize on the free press regarding appetite that is sure to happen?  Personally as much as I love Appetite I think the songs they do so far - including the 2 adler tracks - are a good selection.  

Agreed! This whole entire thing has been a cash grab and this could potentially bring you some big bucks! 

• Like 1

No idea what they will do (if anything)- but if they were to do something- I would recommend having Steven and Izzy as special guests and playing Appetite in full (middle of regular show). Make it a PPV (or whatever 2017 equivalent is) and stage the show (couple night run) wherever would pay top dollar to "host" (London? Dubai?). Then release the bd/cd combo (and other related merch) for the holidays.

The thing that's kind of funny about this "30th" (IMHO)- is that to my memory Appetite didn't truly "arrive" until the "SCOM" video hit fully a year plus later (fall 1988). So it all kind of feels premature to me in a way- but maybe that's just me. Calendar says it's been 30- so be it...

3 hours ago, delilahrose said:

I hope they don't do the club thing again because only a certain number of ppl can get in. And I agree, if they did have Izzy and Steven there then that's pretty crappy for the rest of the tour! I'm gonna be pretty pissed if it's just a t-shirt or something! Unfortunately I've been following this band for years and I know the score. :lol:

I agree I hope they don't do the troubadour or the whiskey. Hopefully at the la forum or maybe the staples center. I don't see them playing the coliseum or the rose bowl. I will be in la around that time seeing Metallica so hopefully they do something while I'm out there. Hopefully they don't announce  it the day of the show either. 

Edited by Bailey96
  • Like 1

One show - maybe in one of those clubs where everything started.

A worldwide broadcast for everyone else who cant be there.

All five dudes.

All the songs from the AfD-album.

After that a Q&A where everyone can send live questions via twitter, etc ... :)

• Like 2