30th anniversary concert guests/setlist

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

Ahhh so much innocent optimism.

It's tradition.

It wouldn't be a GNR tour if thousands of fans didn't get their hopes and dreams crushed at some point.

• Like 3

It would be great if AFD 5 did do something together for the anniversary but I think it will be private if they do. Personally I don't see it happening due to the fact that it would overshadow the rest of the tour and everything they've done up till now. Plus there's no way they would play all 12 songs off the album because that would mean Axl rehearsing. 

Edited by Gold top 78

8 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

It would be great if AFD 5 did do something together for the anniversary but I think it will be private if they do. Personally I don't see it happening due to the fact that it would overshadow the rest of the tour and everything they've done up till now. Plus there's no way they would play all 12 songs off the album because that would mean Axl rehearsing. 

Anything Goes is the only song Axl hasn't performed since the 80s

I have high aspirations yet realistic expectations for the 30th.  Ideally the 5 of them play AFD in it's full at like the Ritz or somewhere and MTV or some streaming service has it available.  In reality probably nothing will happen other than them finding a way to sell some commemorative crap and make a shitload more money.  With that said- all I want is for it to be July 30.  My Minneapolis show.  

16 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They won't do anything on the actual anniversary, because if they bring out Izzy/Steven before the NA tour and don't then bring them on the whole tour, people would be pissed. The most I could see is adding You're Crazy and Think About You to the current set honestly. If they have anything special planned I would assume they'd save it for Rock In Rio but even that'd probably be a guest for 1-2 songs, and it'll probably be Roger Daltrey for The Seeker. :facepalm:

ugh the Roger Daltry part of that made me throw up in my mouth a little. geez just bring AFD back! look at how  getting Slash and Duff back with Axl was a great success, i think AFD would make people lose their minds ( and open their pocketbooks BIG time )

17 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

I can see Axl sitting on his bed laughting at us for believing that they gonna do a special concert for the anniversary while he is eating tons and tons of Taco Bell

Don't forget about him eating that massive t-bell while tweeting more randomly pointless and useless stuff :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

The Appetite line-up will play the entire Appetite at the Troubadour; later they will be joined by the rest and play the rest. Later that year, it gets released on DVD.

Hey, nobody said you can't dream...

The best time to do that, from a marketing standpoint of course, would be at the launch for a massive reunion tour. It would also feature the actual old band who started it ll since they'd be going back to where it all started. Oh wait..:facepalm:

It'll be an unannounced/closer to the time announced show somewhere in LA in which they may or may not play Appetite in its entirety and may or may not feature guest appearance(s) by Steven and/or Izzy and may or not be recorded and eventually may or may not get released.

Or Slash will tweet a picture of a woman getting skull fucked wearing an AFD t-shirt.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ugh the Roger Daltry part of that made me throw up in my mouth a little. geez just bring AFD back! look at how  getting Slash and Duff back with Axl was a great success, i think AFD would make people lose their minds ( and open their pocketbooks BIG time )

Because it'll suck or because he's the most likely surprise guest instead of Steven/Izzy? I actually want it to happen, broadcast live to the world, so that Roger can sing the first couple lines then spend the whole song giving Frank a death glare for playing it too fast. :lol:

As far as the second point... it would be great, but it won't happen, and even if it did it would be NITL tour 2.0 which isn't that exciting IMO. If they want to keep the success of the NITL tour going long term (stadiums, $millions per show etc.) they'll need a reason to tour other than "X members are back". Not only is a new album the better way to do that, it's the most likely thing to light a fire under Axl again, and he brings the 2010/AxlDC voice to the next GNR tour. This is a thread for pipe dreams, right? :lol:

*puts down the bong*

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

My dream scenario?  Classic members on stage together live in St Louis to celebrate  Wouldn't that be ironic.  The worst thing in their career could be turned around in an instant to the biggest triumph...

I know I am a fool.

ducking all the virtual tomatoes being hurled my way for even suggesting such a thing...:lol:

Edited by metalms

9 hours ago, Billsfan said:

The best time to do that, from a marketing standpoint of course, would be at the launch for a massive reunion tour. It would also feature the actual old band who started it ll since they'd be going back to where it all started. Oh wait..:facepalm:

Sure, but if they did it right off, nobody would want to see Ferrer, 4tus etc. afterwards, just the AFD5. This time it could work out I think. There's definitely still a chance.

Highly doubt anything other than maybe a guest apperance of Izzy and Steven, if they plan to continue with the current band. If they do a show or a small tour, the interest in the current band will be lost, and there is no way back. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Izzyslash said:

Highly doubt anything other than maybe a guest apperance of Izzy and Steven, if they plan to continue with the current band. If they do a show or a small tour, the interest in the current band will be lost, and there is no way back. 

Yep. If they offer guest spots for Izzy and Steven I hope they do not accept anyway, because everybody including these 2 knows those guys guesting in their own band is..fucking stupid. Unless Izzy publicly states he doesnt want to do full time, guest spots are horrible. Even for the band as you said, remember what happened after Kiss unplugged 95? They even scrapped their new album with the then current guys

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I don't see it being a show with AFD 5 or anything like that. It makes no sense to wheel out izzy and Steven midway through NITL. It would kill the rest of that tour and also kill a major card they still hold for another world tour if they could work that out (which they won't, but stil).

i think we will get a repackaged AFD record, new booklet, or something and it'll be limited edition with a demo or 2? Maybe an exclusive recorded interview or sonthing? 

The date won't pass without something coming out. I just don't think it will be the show people want or expect. 

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yep. If they offer guest spots for Izzy and Steven I hope they do not accept anyway, because everybody including these 2 knows those guys guesting in their own band is..fucking stupid. Unless Izzy publicly states he doesnt want to do full time, guest spots are horrible. Even for the band as you said, remember what happened after Kiss unplugged 95? They even scrapped their new album with the then current guys

I hope they do show up and people lose their shit. It would prove to Axl that Izzy deserves his cut of the loot...