Eagles continuing without Frey

ZoSoRose

Look at those ticket prices, too. Anyone want NuEagles to tour? Maybe they can tour with Cliffless NuAxl/DC

https://www.jambase.com/article/classic-west-classic-east-concerts-confirmed-los-angeles-new-york-city

On a serious note, its really just a Glenn-less and still Felder-less Eagles and Fleetwood Mac with some decent openers playing stadiums with a silly name for the concerts to inflate ticket prices. I think it is weird to see the Eagles active again in this manner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Look at those ticket prices, too. Anyone want NuEagles to tour? Maybe they can tour with Cliffless NuAxl/DC

https://www.jambase.com/article/classic-west-classic-east-concerts-confirmed-los-angeles-new-york-city

On a serious note, its really just a Glenn-less and still Felder-less Eagles and Fleetwood Mac with some decent openers playing stadiums with a silly name for the concerts to inflate ticket prices. I think it is weird to see the Eagles active again in this manner.

this makes me sick :(

To be fair, I'm a hypocrite since I support Axl's GNR, Angus' AC/DC, etc. I'll go see an artist play their stuff if I'm in the mood and not get hung up on the name in the moment. Still, a Glenn-less Eagles is ridiculous considering they're all ancient and he just died. These guys aren't young and hungry anymore, they're padding the wallet. Just hang it up!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

To be fair, I'm a hypocrite since I support Axl's GNR, Angus' AC/DC, etc. I'll go see an artist play their stuff if I'm in the mood and not get hung up on the name in the moment. Still, a Glenn-less Eagles is ridiculous considering they're all ancient and he just died. These guys aren't young and hungry anymore, they're padding the wallet. Just hang it up!

for sure! 

10 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It's not hypocritical - there's a huge difference between a band who has to hire a new singer after their's is forced to retire for health-related reasons, and a band who chooses to continue after one of their members dies. Not to mention Brian wasn't even an original member of AC/DC.

This is much more disrespectful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

If they got Felder back they could possibly make an argument about legitimacy, but this just seems silly. It begs the question - why?

It needs at least Leadon or Felder. Preferably both. Meisner is too fucked up to even guest. Then it could sort of work and be sort of ok as a legacy, money grabbing (yet still disrespectful) extravaganza. Still, this is Glenn's band. 

Edited by ZoSoRose

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It's not hypocritical - there's a huge difference between a band who has to hire a new singer after their's is forced to retire for health-related reasons, and a band who chooses to continue after one of their members dies. Not to mention Brian wasn't even an original member of AC/DC.

This is much more disrespectful. 

Idk. I still think the ACDC thing is bullshit but since its Axl I dont care :lol:

Calling NuGNR GNR I also think was a mistake but I still go.

Hell, Id go see fake, disrespectful Eagles if Felder was there and it was cheap cause I dont care that much about the name. I still think its fucked though.

This situation sucks though, its literally just Henley in the band now from most of their known albums 

Edit- and I do think Brian is more than a replacement. Theyre an anomaly I think, its the most succsessful singer change in history. He was on the highest selling rock album ever and [co]fronted the band for over 30 years. Love Bon, too, of course. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It needs at least Leadon or Felder. Preferably both. Meiser is too fucked up to even guest. Then it could sort of work and be sort of ok as a legacy, money grabbing (yet still disrespectful) extravaganza. Still, this is Glenn's band. 

Joe Walsh is still in there though right

it's a disappointing move.  so disrespectful to the legacy of the band.  this reminds me of axl starting a cheap solo band and releasing a cheap solo album and calling it "guns n' roses".  henley's move smells like the same bullshit.  

or if angus calls some shit with axl ac/dc… that would be equally laughable and cheap.   

Edited by Sunset Gardner

8 minutes ago, melina i said:

Joe Walsh is still in there though right

Yes, but Walsh only entered the band with Hotel California. His work with them is awesome and super important to rock history but the meat of their work was before he came on. He is like the Brian Johnson for the Eagles :P

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

It needs at least Leadon or Felder. Preferably both. Meisner is too fucked up to even guest. Then it could sort of work and be sort of ok as a legacy, money grabbing (yet still disrespectful) extravaganza. Still, this is Glenn's band. 

i agree.  if felder and leaden were both involved and say… jackson browne was filling glenn's role and it was billed as a sort of "tribute" to the eagles and to frey then it would seem like a great idea i could get behind.  but to pretend it's the "eagles" without glen frey is to pretend it's "guns n' roses" without slash and duff.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yes, but Walsh only entered the band with Hotel California. His work with them is awesome and super important to rock history but the meat of their work was before he came on. He is like the Brian Johnson for the Eagles :P

Yes, I remember it;s mostly Don Henley and ,poor guy; Glenn Frey's band, one was the rock guy and I think Henley brought the more country sound to them

Edited by melina i
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

it's a disappointing move.  so disrespectful to the legacy of the band.  this reminds me of axl starting a cheap solo band and releasing a cheap solo album and calling it "guns n' roses".  henley's move smells like the same bullshit.  

or if angus calls some shit with axl ac/dc… that would be equally laughable and cheap.   

This may even be worse since theyre so much older with even less to prove. Pluss, Glenn died and he was the leader of the band. As huge as Henley is for the Eagles, Id argue Glenn was more of the leader. Both are vital for the band to exist. Theyre like Lennon/McCartney, Richards/Jagger, Page/Plant, Axl/Slash, etc

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

love the he is like the Brian Johnson for the Eagles :P

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

love the he is like the Brian Johnson for the Eagles :P

Maybe Felder is more since he got booted 

5 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

i agree.  if felder and leaden were both involved and say… jackson browne was filling glenn's role and it was billed as a sort of "tribute" to the eagles and to frey then it would seem like a great idea i could get behind.  but to pretend it's the "eagles" without glen frey is to pretend it's "guns n' roses" without slash and duff.  

Id go to that. This seems like a money grab. The promo for these stupid shows omit Glenn from all video and ticket prices make GNR look cheap

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Idk. I still think the ACDC thing is bullshit but since its Axl I dont care :lol:

Calling NuGNR GNR I also think was a mistake but I still go.

Hell, Id go see fake, disrespectful Eagles if Felder was there and it was cheap cause I dont care that much about the name. I still think its fucked though.

This situation sucks though, its literally just Henley in the band now from most of their known albums 

Edit- and I do think Brian is more than a replacement. Theyre an anomaly I think, its the most succsessful singer change in history. He was on the highest selling rock album ever and [co]fronted the band for over 30 years. Love Bon, too, of course. 

Of course Brian is more than just a replacement - I'm just saying there's a big difference between a founding member of a band being replace after his death with replacing someone who didn't come into the band until 7 years and 6 albums into their career. 

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Life goes on even for rock bands.

Could not agree more.............. I would not pay those prices to go see those legacy bands but if they could not sell the tickets they would not still be touring and asking those prices......JMO but I have no issue with the Eagles carrying on if people still want to pay to see them.............nobody is forcing anyone to go see them so why the uproar?

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Of course Brian is more than just a replacement - I'm just saying there's a big difference between a founding member of a band being replace after his death with replacing someone who didn't come into the band until 7 years and 6 albums into their career. 

True

4 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Could not agree more.............. I would not pay those prices to go see those legacy bands but if they could not sell the tickets they would not still be touring and asking those prices......JMO but I have no issue with the Eagles carrying on if people still want to pay to see them.............nobody is forcing anyone to go see them so why the uproar?

Its just kind of sad and it makes us question the motive. It'd be one thing if this was a tribute, but there was nothing for over a year... well, I guess they did their send off at the Grammy's. Its just it was Glenn's band and he's dead. He doesn't get a say in what happens next. If they were in their 30s I could see moving on, but at this age? I don't see the point. Anyways, I'm not losing sleep over this. I just like talking about it online. Hell, I'd probably go if they toured and it was cheap and close by. I still go to shows to see artist's perform their music. I've seen NuGNR, Queen with Adam Lambert , Axl/DC, KISS, and MANY other bands with questionable lineups.

I still think it is kind of shitty to see promo videos ignore Glenn from shows Glenn actively participated in, and noting the incredibly high ticket prices for these concerts. Makes the whole thing see disingenuous

43 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

True

Its just kind of sad and it makes us question the motive. It'd be one thing if this was a tribute, but there was nothing for over a year... well, I guess they did their send off at the Grammy's. Its just it was Glenn's band and he's dead. He doesn't get a say in what happens next. If they were in their 30s I could see moving on, but at this age? I don't see the point. Anyways, I'm not losing sleep over this. I just like talking about it online. Hell, I'd probably go if they toured and it was cheap and close by. I still go to shows to see artist's perform their music. I've seen NuGNR, Queen with Adam Lambert , Axl/DC, KISS, and MANY other bands with questionable lineups.

I still think it is kind of shitty to see promo videos ignore Glenn from shows Glenn actively participated in, and noting the incredibly high ticket prices for these concerts. Makes the whole thing see disingenuous

yeah but who cares what their motives are really?........ even if it is a money grab no one is forced to go see  them....if people did not want to go see them they wouldn't be able to sell the crazy priced tickets.......I respect peoples right and opinion  to dislike them touring again but I don't understand it.....

reminds me of fans getting upset when bands sell their music for commercials complaining they are selling out....never understood that......

Edited by classicrawker