Deanna/Steven Adler Book Discussion/Q&A/Book Signing

Ubukitty

20 minutes ago, Ubukitty said:

Videos yay

thank you so much for sharing your pics and videos; he is such a sweetie and love his attitude and the way he treats everybody:wub:

So, the guy in the grey t--shirt is his brother

Edited by melina i

6 minutes ago, melina i said:

thank you so much for sharing your pics and videos; he is such a sweetie and love his attitude and the way he treats everybody:wub:

So, the guy wit the grey t--shirt is his brother

You're welcome and he is so wonderful. Yep the guy in the grey shirt is his brother, also very nice. Asked us if we had a good time and if we thought it was worth our time. Of course it was. He said it would probably be the only signing. Not sure why I can't see the videos anymore. They were there and now they're gone.:shrugs:

Edited by Ubukitty
  • Like 1

Question is, Do I read the book? I haven't read Stevens book yet so should I read his first and then possibly his mothers? I'll definitely read Stevens because I want to see how it differs from Slash and Duff. Don't know if anyone here has read it yet but his mother said it would be an emotional, possibly difficult to stomach read. :scared:

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Steven is adorable, I mean, really :wub: Thanks @Ubukitty for sharing your experience! And your dog is the cutest thing ever :heart:

2 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

His answer "It was amazing, those 8minutes and 45 seconds with Duff and Slash made me really happy. It was awesome".

:rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, dgnr said:

Steven is adorable, I mean, really :wub: Thanks @Ubukitty for sharing your experience! And your dog is the cutest thing ever :heart:

:rofl-lol:

You're very welcome and thank you for my complimenting my doggie. Also yes, that comment about Slash and Duff. Kinda forgot someone, or did he.

• Like 2

Thank you so much  @Ubukitty The pictures and video are awesome and your dog is precious. It seems like Steven in person is pretty much how we perceive him to be -- I can totally see him giving out hugs to everyone.  

I read his Mom's book because I tend to sucked into buying all those types of books and I like to read.  It hurt my heart a little that she wrote about every single thing Steven did and how bad it was and it came across a little bit like she still needed to shame him for it all.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that her intent was trying to help other families coping with drug addiction and if so, then the co-author really missed the mark in helping her put it into the context of co dedepency and enabling etc.  

Regardless, Steven and his Mom seem in a good place, and since she is getting older, it's really nice that they have that.  

Thanks again!

18 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Very cool! Id love to meet Steven. Meeting Axls been easier for me lol. He never comes around here and the only time I saw him was at the HOF

I would love to meet Axl. He's on my wish list.:lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Thank you so much  @Ubukitty The pictures and video are awesome and your dog is precious. It seems like Steven in person is pretty much how we perceive him to be -- I can totally see him giving out hugs to everyone.  

I read his Mom's book because I tend to sucked into buying all those types of books and I like to read.  It hurt my heart a little that she wrote about every single thing Steven did and how bad it was and it came across a little bit like she still needed to shame him for it all.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that her intent was trying to help other families coping with drug addiction and if so, then the co-author really missed the mark in helping her put it into the context of co dedepency and enabling etc.  

Regardless, Steven and his Mom seem in a good place, and since she is getting older, it's really nice that they have that.  

Thanks again!

You're welcome and thank you for liking my doggie. He is exactly how we perceive him, loving everyone. I just started the book last night so I'm not too far into it but yeah I think mom is wanting to get her due for what she claims she went through to help Steven, seems she's having a hard time letting it go. Even in person she was still reminding him of things he did. I really hope the book can/will help people with drug addictions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Thanks for the videos too @Ubukitty you and your family are so lovely! Steven is like a teddy bear hugging everyone. :lol:

Oh my gosh you're so sweet. Thank you.:hug:

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

That's ok but why? What do you see in him that most of us don't? 

I'm curious too.

• Like 1

Wow @Ubukitty, that's a great experience! :thumbsup:

I was watching this live from his Facebook page, he was broadcasting. I never thought someone from the forum would be there! :lol:

Which one is you? :ph34r:

Your dog is extremely beautiful. You must give him really good food for that hair, that looks better than mine! :rofl-lol:

Steven giving kisses and hugs, huh?? He's become Argentinian, I see!!! :lol:

I would have loved to be there too..... sucks not to live in L.A. :(

But thanks for sharing with us :D

It's good times for the GN'R fans :headbang:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Wow @Ubukitty, that's a great experience! :thumbsup:

I was watching this live from his Facebook page, he was broadcasting. I never thought someone from the forum would be there! :lol:

Which one is you? :ph34r:

Your dog is extremely beautiful. You must give him really good food for that hair, that looks better than mine! :rofl-lol:

Steven giving kisses and hugs, huh?? He's become Argentinian, I see!!! :lol:

I would have loved to be there too..... sucks not to live in L.A. :(

But thanks for sharing with us :D

It's good times for the GN'R fans :headbang:

I'm the one hugging him in the pic just before my husband and doggie. Thank you for the compliments on my furry baby. He has never seen a Groomer in his three years of life. I do all the work myself and it takes hours but he's worth it. He has better hair than me and is well cared for and exercised. Steven was charming as usual and about living in L.A., you might not feel that way if you did live here. The grass is not always greener. Our only escape from the stress is to the coast or mountains and sometimes that's just as stressful.I will share whatever I see or hear of happening although most of you have more news than me. I will be going to see the Pink Slips on Monday so maybe I'll have something else for everyone.

• Like 2