Kendrick Lamar DAMN.

Dan H.

I'll have a listen, the kid is too talented to ignore but i wish...ahh, i dunno what i wish really, it's just not all there for me, as it could be.  I guess the rhyme skills do more for me than what he's rhyming about, which is a shame.  But the skill alone is worth putting my money down for.

• Like 2

There were some rumors about it dropping last friday but got delayed. Last friday Joey Badass released his second album though, pretty great, check it out ya'll. Anyway, When Humble was released 2 weeks ago I instantly loved it, got me so excited for this album. Love GKMC but was not a fan of TPAB, enjoyed the uu but rarely listened to it. At first listen of DAMN, I was doing other stuff while playing it, wakin up and havin a shower. Not the best way to listen to a new album. Didn't really think anything of it, neither good or bad. Second listen after a great day hangin with gf and family , have time to sit down, roll a j and just listen to it. Think it's pretty great. the video's cool, always finds myself singin "show me somethin' natural like ass with some stretch marks" :D

I wish he spit shit like this all the time :P

Edited by CheapJon

I feel like it's his worst album so far and by no means I think it's bad. It's just good, 7/10 while his previous albums are all amazing. Especially MAAD City, I don't think I can get enough of that album even several years later. Favorite song by far is DNA

Surprised by U2 feature, didn't think it would be that good

Edited by Nicklord

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Sorry, what?  Right, I ain't fuckin' listenin' then :lol:  What, an actual feature, not a sample but an ACTUAL feature?  Ladies and Germs, hip hop is dead in the water :lol: 

Yeah, an actual feature :D Hip hop is in the best state since the 90s if you ask me. Long gone are the days of "wars" between genres and bands and whatever. You should listen to it 

2 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Yeah, an actual feature :D Hip hop is in the best state since the 90s if you ask me. Long gone are the days of "wars" between genres and bands and whatever. You should listen to it 

nah, fuck that, i ain't havin' U2 in a rap song, no fuckin' way, Kendrick has fuckin' plummeted in my estimation here :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

nah, fuck that, i ain't havin' U2 in a rap song, no fuckin' way, Kendrick has fuckin' plummeted in my estimation here :lol: 

Stuff U2 did in this song isn't unheard of in a rap song. Basically Bono did a short chorus twice to contrast aggressive verses over really interesting drum and bass. Actually it's quite common when I think about it :D 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

They didn't real do anything on the track, and it sounded natural on the album. I actually didn't notice the feature the first time.

Tbh I bet Kendrick did that to bother rap fans and stir up a little music controversy. Sure enough it got a lot of skeptical headlines when it was announced. I thought it was kinda amusing tbh :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

They didn't real do anything on the track, and it sounded natural on the album. I actually didn't notice the feature the first time.

Tbh I bet Kendrick did that to bother rap fans and stir up a little music controversy. Sure enough it got a lot of skeptical headlines when it was announced. I thought it was kinda amusing tbh :lol:

Oh it's definitely amusing, I'll give you that :lol:  It'd be more offensive to me if I were a member of U2 if what you are saying is correct.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I wonder if in 20 years he's gonna go "hmmm i probably shoulda thought that album cover out abit more". I pull that face when i'm having a massive shit.

The covers alright actually, has a touch of the Dirt McGirt to it.

It's grown on me some but not much. It's a chore to make it through the whole thing. It's just got no energy.

Hip hop in its best place since the 90s huh. Humble is the #1 hip hop song right now. That's cool I like Humble. These are the #2 and #3 hip hop songs.

I'd say hip hop is in a terrible state. 

The fuckin' Control verse says it all to me.  oooh, the Control verse, the Control verse, the big bad Control verse that they tried to hype up that jackshit came of.  Thats modern hip hop at T to me, he's basically offering out all the new rappers in the game (which suckin' off some of the old 'uns) and this is basically the core of the bit of this alleged big time throwing down of the gauntlet...'i got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you n!ggaz'.  I'll say that again 'i got LOVE for you all but I'm tryna murder you n!ggaz'.  Wow.  Really woke the game up there eh?  Now imagine LL saying some shit like that.  Or KRS or Cube or any of the diss record kings.  It's weak as fuck.  Christ Almighty, a middle aged LL came at Canibus in 4.3.2.1 and basically offered out the entire genre of hip hop, with NO respect to anyone who came before 'i'm carryin' every MC in the game', he could've had EVERYBODY on his back with that shit but he didn't give a fuck, how the fuck can you preface a diss or an invitation to battle by stroking your opponents bollocks, it's laughable.  These rappers just come off cuddley.  Like 'My First Battle' by Tomy, it's weak as fuck, in hip hops primes rappers like that would get eaten up, on wax and on the street.