Kendrick Lamar DAMN.

Dan H.

10 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Control was so nice it didn't even really bother anyone :lol: Nobody even got mad enough to give a proper reply.

But I mean if you were listenin' to hip hop magazines and sites and Power 105 and all that they were so fuckin' thirsty for SOMETHING, anything, they were like 'control verse, control verse, omg, the control verse'...a couple of half baked little mentions here and there and like you said, nothing even came of it.  And this guys meant to be like bearing the standard for rhyming in his time.  I ain't saying take on the best around, Eminem certainly didn't and he deserves his spot but at least when he did go for someone, regardless of whether or not they were truly competition to him, he tore them apart in a way to where you could say, lyrically and all other ways, even if he WAS in there with the baddest they would've had a hard time of it.  And it's worth remembering y'know though it's kinda not remembered he kinda destroyed Canibus.  And in a different way to LL did and Bis was heavy calibre in the late 90s.  Seriously heavy calibre.  And in a different way to LL, where LL kinda came hard but sort of used who he was and his force of personality and arrogance to slay Canibus, Eminem dismantled him, I mean Eminem got right in there and took bits and pieces of his rhyming and ridiculed it and just thoroughly took him apart.  Or with Everlast, even though he was never competition to Em', the fierceness with which he took him down made you think like, OK, if he was attacking ANYBODY with that that'd be something close to a career finisher.  LL kinda relied on his status and arrogance to do the work whereas Em' took him lyrically and all other possible ways too.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Silverburst80 said:

Remember the little Joe Budden/Method Man beef?, that shit was funny.

As i remember Hanz On from Meths crew broke his face.  Joeys another one, he couldn't fuck with Meth' on his best day, Joey vs Meth' is laughable.  And then all these guys come out like 'oh it's about the rhymes, it's about the rhymes, Joeys got more fuckin' twistey turney bars' to which there is a point but it's not just about the bars because it's about how much anyone is gonna believe what you say too...and this is what a lot of modern rappers don't get, they treat it like a mathematical thing which it ain't and never was.  

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

As i remember Hanz On from Meths crew broke his face.  Joeys another one, he couldn't fuck with Meth' on his best day, Joey vs Meth' is laughable.  And then all these guys come out like 'oh it's about the rhymes, it's about the rhymes, Joeys got more fuckin' twistey turney bars' to which there is a point but it's not just about the bars because it's about how much anyone is gonna believe what you say too...and this is what a lot of modern rappers don't get, they treat it like a mathematical thing which it ain't and never was.  

Slapped in the face backstage and torn up on wax for 5 minutes by Deck in the space of a week i think. Funny thing is he's now out dissing Drake (king of the game right now apparently ) and NOTHING in response months and months down the line.

4 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Slapped in the face backstage and torn up on wax for 5 minutes by Deck in the space of a week i think. Funny thing is he's now out dissing Drake (king of the game right now apparently ) and NOTHING in response months and months down the line.

And thats another thing, the way these guys let a diss pass now because 'such n such aint on my level', fuck that.  Its like boxing where guys duck fighters with the same bullshit, theres an insinuation in that that they're afraid they're gonna get eaten.  If he aint on your level rhymin' then you should be able to destroy em offhand, unless you mean he aint on your level in terms of profile and hes gonna make you look stupid and fuck your career if he comes out on top.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

And thats another thing, the way these guys let a diss pass now because 'such n such aint on my level', fuck that.  Its like boxing where guys duck fighters with the same bullshit, theres an insinuation in that that they're afraid they're gonna get eaten.  If he aint on your level rhymin' then you should be able to destroy em offhand, unless you mean he aint on your level in terms of profile and hes gonna make you look stupid and fuck your career if he comes out on top.

Exactly. same thing with the Nicki Minaj situation recently, using record sales to duck responding to a diss track. Doesn't work like that, well didn't anyway.

Kendrick has never been that exciting when it comes to disses and shit. He's just not cut out for that kinda controversy.

I think he'd do well to stop making awkward attempts at it, and stick to his better themes like politics and social issues.

Still loving the album, although its weaker than TPAB imo.

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

It's grown on me some but not much. It's a chore to make it through the whole thing. It's just got no energy.

Hip hop in its best place since the 90s huh. Humble is the #1 hip hop song right now. That's cool I like Humble. These are the #2 and #3 hip hop songs.

I'd say hip hop is in a terrible state. 

Judging music state by charts isn't that good :D Trash was and will always be there. I mean Snow and Ice Ice Baby were number 1 rap songs at one point 

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Judging music state by charts isn't that good :D Trash was and will always be there. I mean Snow and Ice Ice Baby were number 1 rap songs at one point 

Snow :lol: informer, something something something something, licky boom boom down 

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Snow :lol: informer, something something something something, licky boom boom down 

I still laugh whenever I see that video of Axl and Claudia Schiffer in a club in like '93 and that song is playing...that's the (early) 90's to a T :lol: