Trouble in paradise?

Interesting. He posted sth similar a few months ago. Seems like he has enough now. No idea why management is acting so stupid. Maybe theyre just not convinced with the show itself? At least let the guy know. He spent time and effort to film that

• Like 1

I presume he took his issues up with GNR management before lashing out on social media. I don't understand why this kind of stuff doesn't get resolved before it gets to this stage or why there wasn't a proper contract covering the filming of that show rather than a do us a favour and we'll do one back sort of deal (assuming what this guy is claiming is correct). If the band decided to use another company for the rest of the tour that is their choice but they shouldn't have had some sort of loose verbal agreement in the first place.

• Like 4

yes but his production company was brought out by 4C4 media in novemberish, so it makes you wonder if it's less of GnR issue  or more of problem with the change in relationship. In any case never do business based on a handshake and a promise.

• Like 1

Why would this even still be going on a full year later? And the way this guy is acting is going to backfire in his face. If you have issues, take it to court. Not Facebook.

On top of that, you never EVER accept a deal "for cost" with a promise for future work. This guy doesn't seem new to the business. He should know better. :facepalm:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

Why would this even still be going on a full year later? And the way this guy is acting is going to backfire in his face. If you have issues, take it to court. Not Facebook.

On top of that, you never EVER accept a deal "for cost" with a promise for future work. This guy doesn't seem new to the business. He should know better. :facepalm:

Yeah but he thought they would continue him cause I assume someone from the "management" would have gone like dude the whole tours contract will be in your hands blah blah.

I understand everything is written down these days, but its wrong to make false promises too. 

4 minutes ago, Słash said:

Yeah but he thought they would continue him cause I assume someone from the "management" would have gone like dude the whole tours contract will be in your hands blah blah.

I understand everything is written down these days, but its wrong to make false promises too. 

It is wrong but that is a VERY common line used in this industry to get free work out of a production team. Anybody that's been doing this for more than a couple months knows better than to fall for that nonsense and this guy appears to have been at it for years."Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free..." so to speak. I feel for him but he should've known better.

Edited by Kris_1989

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

My old boss always used to say she learned the hard way that people tend not to value work done for free or on the cheap. I also remember some psychology piece that suggested similar, it was claimed that people gave more favourable reviews of things they paid in full for than if they got freebies - stuff like concert/theatre tickets.

• Like 4

The guy has actually worked with some big names, so he knows the business. It does seem an odd way to go about a dispute, I was under the impression that a full tour had not really been put into place at this stage, so why promise upcoming work?

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

My old boss always used to say she learned the hard way that people tend not to value work done for free or on the cheap. I also remember some psychology piece that suggested similar, it was claimed that people gave more favourable reviews of things they paid in full for than if they got freebies - stuff like concert/theatre tickets.

Yeah well its how people think. 

I paid so much money so it would be good

I got this free, well nothing is for free, so it would be crap

Just now, Słash said:

Yeah well its how people think. 

I paid so much money so it would be good

I got this free, well nothing is for free, so it would be crap

It's sort of fucked up thinking but it does seem to be how it works. The whole industry of high end designer stuff is kind of built around cost = better.

I guess that's a whole other thread though. :lol:

• Like 1

So the real question is:

Is he going to release more pro shot footage for free? Or is he throwing something together to make the band look bad?

Because this:

8hwymPs.png

Does not sound good...

1 hour ago, itsprettytiedup said:

A little bit later, posted this with the jungle of rip offs...@gunsnroses as a desc:

In that same post, he commented this: Get ready to see a lot more. One year after their reunion show we have prepared a gift for the fans...you're gonna get it all for free!

So, are we getting new stuff tomorrow? Or soon?

He probably should have shot from in front of stage. ;-)

• Like 4