Axl Rose in the Desert in Dubai

So I was running late right and there was traffic. We were like the band would surely get air lifted through all of this of course! Since people legit stopped their cars got out of their taxies and walked to the concert, so we decided to detour across the desert behind outlet mall to the venue. As we went around and approached the entrance to the desert road there was this big guy who stopped us and made way for two vans to go to through and as we neared the venue one of the vans got stuck in the sand and people from the other rushed to help them out. We were about to overtake them but the same guy stopped us and said ‘We have Axl Rose in the back of that van’ Can you get him to the concert? We couldn’t believe it! Then as he's coming up to us a local guy (by himself) in his land cruiser is stopped and gets axel with his crew (not the band) in his car and we get his personal manager in ours we drive backstage drop them And get all access passes And end up right in front of the stage! It was crazy :)

What a fucking story... "So, did I ever tell you about the time I met Axl Rose in the desert?" :lol:

• Like 4

22 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

Bike tracks in the sand, they are in hot pursuit, can only mean one thing..... Izzy got away with the loot!

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Sounds like Friday nights in Stepney :lol:

i knew i had heard a song with Stepney in it....Play With Fire :P

3 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

walking around the desert in pointy a$$ slip-on shoes could not have been pleasant. 

like sandy desert? cos walking in any kind of shoes in sand sucks :)

7 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Cool pic, But the way he is dressed.. :facepalm: 

...It is fine only on stage!!

Yeah- it seems strange to me he wears his stage clothes on the street. That pic during the Axl/DC European tour, where someone saw him in a gas station wearing his big hat and fingerless gloves, was even weirder than this one....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah- it seems strange to me he wears his stage clothes on the street. That pic during the Axl/DC European tour, where someone saw him in a gas station wearing his big hat and fingerless gloves, was even weirder than this one....

Well. He was on the way to the stage wasn't he?

50 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well. He was on the way to the stage wasn't he?

He was and if he had been stuck In that traffic and still needed to change into his stage clothes, he would have been super late starting the show. So good for him for being prepared.