Richard Fortus: Within The Band It's Great - It's Better Than It's Ever Been Since I've Been In The Band

Honky Tonk - Behind the rock. Interviewing Richard Fortus

Published on Mar 30, 2017

Guns N' Roses And The Return  

I've transcribed some of the interview below:

Richard Fortus: I've been in the band for what, 14-15 years. Now, when we were preparing for this tour we knew how important this was going to be, as far as historically, you know -- this was a big deal. And we knew we had to make it as perfect as we possibly could. We really put a lot of time in the rehearsing more than we had ever done before for this tour because we knew how important it was. There is an air of importance, we knew it had to be great we knew the world was watching.

It's been amazing it's been so great it's been really fantastic, it's beyond my wildest dreams. I never thought it would ever be as crazy as it's been as far as the reception, the fans it's been really overwhelming. It's such an honor to be a part of this.

And you know Axl is very loyal, you know. And very...he really is very generous and he likes to have his people that have his back, he wants to feel like...within the band it's great, it's better than it's ever been since I've been in the band. And some of my best friends have been in this band -- Tommy and Dizzy and Robin you know those are really close friends of mine. Now the vibe is better than ever. Everybody gets along great.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

• Like 2

I didn't realise this was such an issue. Both Fortus and Frank are the best suited to old Guns out of the Nu Guns line ups. It was Tommy, Pitman, Dj and Ron that seemed more fiesty. Remember when Dj stole a police helicopter to propose to his girlfriend? 

• Like 2

He has probably a catalog of words he is allowed use, thats why its always the same. 

I still think Fortus is a good guy, great player and has the creative talent needed. Not Izzy, of course, but hey, hes better than Gilby Clarke. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Słash said:

This guy repeats the same shit again and again for any lineup 

For 6 years he kept on saying New Album Next Year 

and he cant write a good song to save his life

and for all the advanced skills (:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:) that this guy posesses, he doesnt have the most basic technique -- strumming the chords right to make the song rock and groove

6 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

and he cant write a good song to save his life

and for all the advanced skills (:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:) that this guy posesses, he doesnt have the most basic technique -- strumming the chords right to make the song rock and groove

Well that is a bit subjective, isn't it?  Both shows I saw last year I thought Fortus sounded fairly decent 

31 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Well that is a bit subjective, isn't it?  Both shows I saw last year I thought Fortus sounded fairly decent 

what? being rational and saying that perception to ones playing is subjective? what are you, the voice of reason?

you and your logic

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

havent we heard this before???

good ole richy, always the positive one!

Oh my god, he said something positive. 

We should chase him with marbles and torches :facepalm:

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

listen to the pro shot of sweet child o mine from the troubadour

its  noticeable  and it is bad

But in that same clip you can see that AXL loves him.  He's here to stay folks.

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH.