A Year Later - Where Do You Stand with GN'R?

Can't believe it's been a whole year since the Trobadour. I remember the night like it was yesterday. 

My question is, now that you've known about this for a year, what's your position with Guns? Do you like this lineup? Hate it? Where do we go from here, will there be new music? Let's please not turn this into a "I hate Fortus/Frank and want Steven and Izzy" thing, we've had enough of those discussions.

Since I'd never ask a question I couldn't answer, I stand pretty well with Guns. But I see no new music in the future. A year has given me time to see that Axl is much happier with this lineup than the 2009-2014 lineup and I really enjoy the chemistry this band holds. It's a nostalgia tour right now though which is sad.

• Like 2

Indifferent, I guess...

It was exciting in the beginning but the excitement died off after the Argentina shows for me. Like other posters said, It's just NuGNR all over again... version 3.0 now featuring Duff & Slash.

• Like 1

As time has gone by, My Initial excitement and joy has worn off considerably. especially as things have slowly been revealed. The Izzy tweets. The Steven press run for his moms book and the gag order that has seemingly followed.

Its pretty clear that GNR still very much operates the same dysfunctional way that it has for the past 20 years. Whatever does or doesnt happen for the AFD 30th anniversary and following the NITL tour will dictate whether my remaining interest will die or grow.

My only hope for this band, if the 30th anniversary of Appetite actually happens, that the band has a shot to finally put this album to rest forever. One final duty. Been there done that, no more reunion talks. Next (quickly) new music with whatever lineups. I'd love to hear CDII.

• Like 2

Honestly, I'm happy. I've only been a fan since 2012 so I wasn't around for AFD or UYI years, but having Slash and Duff back is infinitely better than DJ Ashba, Pitman, and yet another Vegas residency. They could and probably should change up the set. 

Ok brutal honesty time (semi related to this thread)- As happy as I am, I'm starting to stay away from the main section more and more. Every thread gets turned into a thread about Izzy and Steven. You can find me in the Anything Goes section till this blows over :D

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

I`m looking forward to the European side I`m always happy to see Axl on stage because we went so long without seeing him

as for the same set list that argument is old, pretty much all bands have the same set list aren`t u2 touring the Joshua tree so that's not gonna change is it

keep the faith everyone no one expected that we`d get a tour as big as this so just enjoy it :heart:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bono said:

It's still really cool that Axl, Duff and Slash are all playing together again but the reality is the shine wore off a long time ago. The fact they are basically playing the exact same set list night in night out is pretty lame. They could so easily throw the fans some bones and try something new but instead they insist on the same old. Their encore is truly one of the absolute worst encores ever. The fact they continue to shove the Seeker down fan's throats knowing full well we hate it says a lot. The idea we get that shit over something, anything by VR or another GnR song like PTU or DDM or whatever is bullshit.  The biggest disappointment is the absolute lack of anything that points towards new music. 

It's cool they're playing together, it's cool the shows have been well received but in terms of "reunions" it's one of the most disappointing "reunions" I think. Not even a new single. It's unreal. There really is no reason to see them again if you've already seen them this tour. The addition of Steven and Izzy wouldn't even be enough.  It's jus one of those things. Things that other bands can and do do really really well, GnR just half ass them and leave people unsatisfied. It's the way it is and will always be. AXL/DC was more interesting to be honest. 

At this stage, I'm more interested in Axl/DC, and I hate AC/DC. That's how stale GNR have become.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the GNR show, when they come to Europe. I understand that some people who have already seen the show, feel a bit frustrated, since there's so little talk about new music. I'm 100% sure that new music is coming out at some point though. Right now, they're concentrating on this tour and I'm looking forward to hearing Coma live and seeing Axl, Duff and Slash on stage together. Everything seems great concerning GNR, if you ask me.

• Like 4

Sold my tickets a while ago when Steven finally spoke out and I don't regret it, until someone from the guns camp speaks out about the Izzy and Steven situation I just can't fathom being on board with this and giving them my money, which they don't need anyway. I just can't imagine Steven and Izzy lying about what happened, and I also don't like the 3 nugnr guys remaining in the band. I am sure the AFD5 thing is going to happen sooner or later and that's when I'll be spending my money. If this half reunion thing will indeed be the band in the future then I don't regret not seeing them, but I would check out a new album from them just because Slash will make it kick ass no matter who's in the band.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

Im happy i saw them 2 times last year hope to see them again this year too :D maybe the setlist need a little changes or more variety but its ok ,and I have the same feeling about the trobadour I remember as it have been yesterday ,oh and for the 30 anniversary I know they have something special prepared

I've still got my show to look forward to (London) but obviously it was never going to remain as exciting as the first few months. That's just life though. :lol:

I'm hoping we hear something regarding an album and further AC/DC stuff, but I won't be holding my breath!

• Like 1

I'm very happy. I didn't like Bumble, Ashba, or Stinson so im glad to see them gone and to have Slash And Duff back in their place. I don't really mind Steven not being there cause he seems unstable. The only downside is that they didn't work things out with izzy. I don't mind Melissa, but a part of me wonders why they couldn't use the money going to her to have izzy there instead. I suppose having 4/5 there would screw Steven Adler up even more, though. 

Nevertheless, im still happy. I've always wanted to see Axl and slash live together, and now I finally did, with duff being a nice bonus. The show was great. Axl's voice was still in top shape cause he was fresh off the ACDC tour at that point, and he looked pretty decent. Upon seeing more recent videos I can see that he's kinda declined in quality a bit again but oh well. I least I got to see him "on a good night."

most of all, it's really cool to know that the band is playing sold out stadiums multiple nights in a row all over the world again, with the old imagery back and the old classics playing on tv and in movies again. I'm glad the band is finally celebrating their legacy. Sure, new music and a tweaked setlist would be nice, but I honestly don't need it at this point.

• Like 2

Eh, i'm quite happy with pseudo-reunion, i'll support whatever they throw at me because i choose them, for me GNR is always about Axl and Slash/Duff, i don't have any feeling towards other classic, so i'll accept whoever fill the rest of the position especially if they behave well and don't cause any drama.

About new music, yes i'll be slightly disappointed if there's nothing new the future, but who i am i'm not feel entitled enough to demand anything from them, i just hope they life all happy and healthy, if there's new music i'll be very happy but if not, everything will be okay just like another tuesday for me.

Edited by Magnus Cavalerra
  • Like 1