A Year Later - Where Do You Stand with GN'R?

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Right, how crazy of me, I mean it's not like they could just change the setlist up or anything. :rolleyes:

Whatever. It is still the same show, stage and imagery. The band wants to sell tickets and not DVDs (and they certainly won't risk people being turned off with a not so stellar Axl vocal performance). No one officially releases a DVD of tour that is still underway. Sometimes fans are lucky, when a band agrees to a broadcast of a show during the tour, but usually that is an exception and more likely than not, a show at the end of the tour..

12 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

No they shouldnt. They wouldnt wanna risk people staying home cause theyve already seen the show on dvd. 

People can see everything on youtube anyway. Then they can decide to buy tickets or to buy a dvd. They even can decide to spend their money on something else

12 hours ago, The Macaroni Incident? said:

5 more days and it will be 27 years and counting. :(

oh, i see

i was counting considering september 31st 1991

but i guess it is far enough to have april 4 1990 as their final gig

even though i really love rock in rio and all the 1991 dates with izzy!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Padme said:

People can see everything on youtube anyway. Then they can decide to buy tickets or to buy a dvd. They even can decide to spend their money on something else

Youtube and Proshot are two different things. But whatever. It's not happening. And it's standard practice that it is not happening. This has nothing to do with GNR. A movie is also not released on DVD as long as it's playing in theatres.

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Youtube and Proshot are two different things. But whatever. It's not happening. And it's standard practice that it is not happening. This has nothing to do with GNR. A movie is also not released on DVD as long as it's playing in theatres.

Oh I agree with you. When it comes to GN'R it is standard practice not to release anything :lol:

I look forward to the European leg, the intial excitement was great, they have kept me entertained. If things don't change up for the second set of US shows,  then meh...I'm over it.

I don't think things will change for the 2nd set of US shows this summer/fall since they are hitting all new cities...not everyone can afford a road/airplane trip to see Guns, so for instance the San Antonio show may bring lots of fans that were *not* able to go to the Houston or Arlington show last year. For those fans, this show is brand new to them. I am going to my 2nd show and expect the same setlist and I am ok with that because of the point I just made....but if they do another tour in the US in 2018, with no Izzy/Steven or new music..then I will sit that one out.

It ruined the MYGNRFORUM.COM staff's April Fools Day efforts that year- which is basically the most work we put into anything all year, either on the forum or in our professional or personal lives. So with all that work in the trash, I have been- at best- passive aggressive regarding Guns N' Roses. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

It ruined the MYGNRFORUM.COM staff's April Fools Day efforts that year- which is basically the most work we put into anything all year, either on the forum or in our professional or personal lives. So with all that work in the trash, I have been- at best- passive aggressive regarding Guns N' Roses. 

What was the joke gonna be?

It's played out. It was great to see them back on stage together, and there should be at least one final reunion show with all five. But it's time for Axl to get Finck back in the saddle and finish/release CD II, and perhaps record an album with AC/DC on the side. Slash has nothing left in the tank and Duff has never been a good writer. If Axl releases CD II properly, it will secure his legacy even if it's not commercially successful. If he allows Slash and Duff to record over it and destroy it, or record some generic, nostalgic reunion album, his legacy is destroyed. He will have been the most artistically independent individual going on three decades who gave it all up to be a conformist.

I dont even know why I still read threads like this, is always the same bitching around Izzy and Steven, "this is still not the real Guns" blablabla, I don't know how people can't get over this.

About the original question on the thread, I love this line up, I could live without Frank, I have to say it but I love Richard, Mellissa is a sight for sore eyes, love her backing vocals, I don't believe in new music, like I said sometimes here, I believe the only way to get new music is after Axl's death. I don't know if they gonna keep the Not in This Lifetime name through the years but I believe they gonna tour more, maybe after this year in 2019, stuff like this, I really really really wanna listen new music, new recorded stuff, the CD 2, Panda shit, I don't care but I know that the chances are almost zero...

But I keep thinking, imagine if they Beyonced us? like, release an album out of nowhere. A tweet "....", "the new Guns N' Roses album is out on iTunes, Spotify and shit, next week on the stores close to you." Damn, this forum would crash for sure

48 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Sure there could have been better elements to the reunion but I would rather have them do it like this than not do it at all. For me it is the most exciting thing going on in music right now.

The lineup - Could have been better but I love seeing Axl Slash and Duff up there.. I truly don't like Frank Fortus or Melissa but having those other 3 up there and even Dizzy outweighs the negatives. They should omit her and at least get a better drummer

The setlist - Other than the CD songs I think it is pretty good. They could switch it up a bit more but it is what it is. I don't give a rats ass what the CD lineup played. As far as I am concerned GnR haven't played these songs together in 23 years and I am loving it.

Axl- He had to be good to keep me interested in this lineup.. He has given it 100% and is doing a fine job

new music - could give a rats ass about that right now. They haven't even been  back together and on the road for a year yet. wtf? What band releases music in the middle of a tour. They have been gone for almost 25 years and are giving the world a chance to see this.

Overall I am enjoying this and enjoy watching you tube videos a lot. I just wish they could improve the line up but this is 100x better than no GnR at all or the dismal CD era.

Looking forward to see what is next.. Hoping we see a bigger involvement from Steven and Izzy.. Hoping for a cool DVD... Maybe they will switch things up a little after the break. They were never the grateful dead who played a different set every night.

Pretty much this. I have been following this band longer than most, since about 1995. I could tell you my stories of buying the End of Days soundtrack and Live Era, the day they were released (but that's for another thread). I might be in the minority around here for saying this, but EVERYTHING that happened after the release of Live Era doesn't really count anymore imo. Do I count CD as a GUNS album? No. Its a GNR album, but not GUNS. Its an important distinction IMO. So for me at least, GUNS has been gone since Live Era (you could argue even before that, but I count that album, and to lesser extent GH) as the last GUNS albums. So EVERYTHING that NUgnr did is NOT part of GUNS history, GUNS got back together 1 year ago, and it's been an amazing year. I honestly feel like it's been the biggest and best story in music for 2016. 

So I am letting these guys finish their tour, then see what happens. I am only judging Them on what Guns has done, and they have only been back together for 1 year. 

Its a new band and a new day. Come on guys, look at all the advertising they did for the tour, NOTHING in the NUgnr era comes remotly close to being this efficient. 

• Like 1

i am very happy. the main thing i cared about was Axl and Slash reuniting. they did, i got to see it ( april 8 will be one year ) and it was magnificent. do i hope for more? of course. but if it doesn't that will always stand out as one of the most incredible things i ever got to do :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i am very happy. the main thing i cared about was Axl and Slash reuniting. they did, i got to see it ( april 8 will be one year ) and it was magnificent. do i hope for more? of course. but if it doesn't that will always stand out as one of the most incredible things i ever got to do :) 

100% Agreed. 

I actually got to go to a real Guns n Roses concert (at least by UYI standards). I thought I would NEVER get to experience that. I'm still on cloud 9 because of THIS fact alone.

• Like 3

I don't know what people expected. We have Slash and Duff back in the band, it seems to be going smoothly and critics are beside themselves. It's a success.

No new music. We're all upset that music wasn't prioritised, BUT there was really no way they were going to jump in the studio before testing the relationship on the road. Will we ever get new music? I have no idea, I don't expect it soon... I don't even expect it next year. 

My feelings on this going forward are simple. I look forward to going to the show next month, but I'm not blown away with excitement about the semi reunion. If this line up continues for the foreseeable future I hope they put something out... if they don't it's the same feelings I had about the last line up; I'm not interested

• Like 3