A Year Later - Where Do You Stand with GN'R?

4 minutes ago, Intercourse said:

What are you being so pissy for? I'm merely re-stating what I want in this tour, and I did that before your post. 

If anything, you're taking me up wrong.

Don't mind Rovim. He's a special kid. He believes CD2 will be released one day.

• Like 4

I'm bored. I was expecting a bit more chat from the band, more engagement with the fans by now. Slick in performance, but it's missing the magic that exists between the fans and the players. It could all change if they went into the studio and recorded new material. All their current material is based on the perspective of a 20 to 30 year old rocker - I want something that tells a story from a 50 to 60 year old. What's pissing off Axl today? I want that in a song.

• Like 1

What is missing is Axl's voice and stage presence.  All he has now is a weak voice(most times Mickey) and silly hats.

Put a kick ass Axl in this lineup and the buzz would be bigger. The attitude of the band is gone. Another thing that is hurting this thing is Fortus and Frank. These 2 people should not be in this band. They are not GNR worthy and never were.

I don't even want new music because we are not going to get the vocals or sound of the old band. It will just be Chinese Democracy featuring Slash and Duff. NO, THANK YOU.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

16 hours ago, wasted said:

My theory is this reunion hasn't really started yet. If they blow all the interviews and promo now they won't be able to do it for the record, which is what the record might be about in part. So there will be this media explosion when they have the goods. 

LOVE your theory! :headbang:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wasted said:

My theory is this reunion hasn't really started yet. If they blow all the interviews and promo now they won't be able to do it for the record, which is what the record might be about in part. So there will be this media explosion when they have the goods. 

That actually sounds pretty reasonable. 

On 4.5.2017 at 6:00 AM, SWINGTRADER said:

What is missing is Axl's voice and stage presence.  All he has now is a weak voice(most times Mickey) and silly hats.

Put a kick ass Axl in this lineup and the buzz would be bigger. The attitude of the band is gone. Another thing that is hurting this thing is Fortus and Frank. These 2 people should not be in this band. They are not GNR worthy and never were.

I don't even want new music because we are not going to get the vocals or sound of the old band. It will just be Chinese Democracy featuring Slash and Duff. NO, THANK YOU.

medicom-toy-number-nine-disney-mickey-mo

:lol::lol::lol:  

I'm going to see /listen "Mickey" 1st of July.... let's hope it's not too horrible.

19 hours ago, wasted said:

Slash did say that there's more to come. I'm sure this whole thing will be more long term than what we can see right now.

For a GNR reunion to happen properly and/ or be successful it needs Axl and Slash to be able to play together to some capacity. Unfortunately for the fans it's not something that was going to be accomplished after a handful of shows and is probably why a tour came about. Maybe the original plan was to tour for a year and test the water  but with the AC/DC situation cropping up that's added a few months to the length of the ttour. 

Not saying I believe that's what happening just trying to look positive about some sort of reunion soon. Deep down I don't think it will be like that :max:

Edited by Gold top 78

4 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

medicom-toy-number-nine-disney-mickey-mo

:lol::lol::lol:  

I'm going to see /listen "Mickey" 1st of July.... let's hope it's not too horrible.

I am just glad they toured in the U.S first and got to see a decent Axl. We got the last the man had to offer vocally. I feel bad for the folks in Europe. You are getting Axl 2002.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Slash did say that there's more to come. I'm sure this whole thing will be more long term than what we can see right now.

If you look at the Stones and Zepp they have enough time for a final chapter. 

5 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I am just glad they toured in the U.S first and got to see a decent Axl. We got the last the man had to offer vocally. I feel bad for the folks in Europe. You are getting Axl 2002.

Well... I guess for us it's gonna be: Welcome to Disneyland - we've got fun n' games :headbang: 

Yeah... that's a little depressing... maybe I should bring my iPod, listen the songs from that and just look at Axl jumping around in silly hats?? :axl: :wacko:

... or maybe I should bring a professional camera (in the true spirit of St. Louis) and see what the lame ass security is gonna do about it. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
---

6 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Axl 2002 still sounded better than Axl 2011.

18 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I think this could be the rock bottom :facepalm: Dressed like a big Twinkie and that horrible voice... :cry: 

God I wish I had a time machine. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sosso said:

2002 sounds better - it's not good - but still not a Mickey Mouse either.

:facepalm:  ...:lol:...:facepalm:....:lol:.....:facepalm: ....etc.

I think I've turned this thread into a Mickey Mouse club... better stop now..

Edited by Fourteenbeers
---
  • Like 1