A Year Later - Where Do You Stand with GN'R?

On 17.5.2017 at 11:17 PM, GoBucky said:

Where was this posted on the site? I hope they open some more shows this tour. I saw them again last Friday and they are an incredible band! 

It was:  http://www.gunsnroses.com/news

If you scroll down enough, there's San Francisco gig Aug 4, 2016 (so already in the past).  I haven't found out if they're gonna open for GN'R after that one.  The band sounds pretty cool though.  

39 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

It was:  http://www.gunsnroses.com/news

If you scroll down enough, there's San Francisco gig Aug 4, 2016 (so already in the past).  I haven't found out if they're gonna open for GN'R after that one.  The band sounds pretty cool though.  

They are...I am very glad I got to see them in San Francisco!

44 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

They are...I am very glad I got to see them in San Francisco!

Glad you enjoyed it.  I'm going to see GN'R in Hämeenlinna July 1st. The opening acts are The Darkness (which is an ok band) and Michael Monroe from Hanoi Rocks (I find that really interesting, because Hanoi is a Finnish band but I have never seem them live).  It's a shame Andy McCoy won't be there. I've heard he's got new teeth and everything... :lol:

10 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

I have been MIA for the past 5 years, can someone summerise what has happened and why Slash and Axl made up (I understand Duff and Izzy's positions).

Also, does he sound as shit as he did in 2011-12?

It's unclear why or how they made up but this is what Axl had to say when asked. 

Also. No, Axl sounds way better now than he did back in 2011. Especially performing with AC/DC (which I assume you've seen.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

It's unclear why or how they made up but this is what Axl had to say when asked. 

Also. No, Axl sounds way better now than he did back in 2011. Especially performing with AC/DC (which I assume you've seen.)

thanks and yes, Axl was really impressive with ACDC by the looks of things (his voice is incredible on the Scott songs which isn't a huge suprise because Whole Lotta Rosie was a cover he would always nail).

Just now, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

thanks and yes, Axl was really impressive with ACDC by the looks of things (his voice is incredible on the Scott songs which isn't a huge suprise because Whole Lotta Rosie was a cover he would always nail).

He was more impressive on the Brian Johnson material. 

I think this reunion (that I was REALLY excited about and that I really dreamed of for years) has been paradoxically the last drop that kinda cured me from Guns for good. As long as the feud lasted, regardless of how silly and unproductive it was, there was still some passion involved that made you hope that these guys, if they could ever get together again, still had some balls, passion and creative stamina inside them. Now, a year after the reunion, with not one new song, not one new cover song, no adding of any other of their own songs to rejuvenate the setlist, no word or sign of any new music, it has become such a business-oriented, boring, corporate shit that my interest is just totally falling to the ground. I can't even make myself excieted in the least with the tour that is just about to start and that's pretty bad that I came to this conclusion just after I spat out huge money for the ticket...

Anyway, would be great if they could still surprise me with whatever and prove me wrong but I no longer believe this will happen. Truth is whenever I think of the UYI band (I'm not even trying to make comparisons to the prime time Appetite band) there is such an unbelievable difference between then and now, it just leaves with a bad taste in my mouth...

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Asia said:

I think this reunion (that I was REALLY excited about and that I really dreamed of for years) has been paradoxically the last drop that kinda cured me from Guns for good. As long as the feud lasted, regardless of how silly and unproductive it was, there was still some passion involved that made you hope that these guys, if they could ever get together again, still had some balls, passion and creative stamina inside them. Now, a year after the reunion, with not one new song, not one new cover song, no adding of any other of their own songs to rejuvenate the setlist, no word or sign of any new music, it has become such a business-oriented, boring, corporate shit that my interest is just totally falling to the ground. I can't even make myself excieted in the least with the tour that is just about to start and that's pretty bad that I came to this conclusion just after I spat out huge money for the ticket...

Anyway, would be great if they could still surprise me with whatever and prove me wrong but I no longer believe this will happen. Truth is whenever I think of the UYI band (I'm not even trying to make comparisons to the prime time Appetite band) there is such an unbelievable difference between then and now, it just leaves with a bad taste in my mouth...

I feel the same. I bought my ticket to see them in Imola and even though I' m happy to go I don't have all the excitement anymore about the whole reunion in general.

I'm happy they are still touring.. When it began no one knew if the whole thing would implode after a week. Still wish the line up was better..

Biggest disappointment is that the ticket prices are still a nightmare. It alienates a lot of people from seeing them... I would be traveling to see them otherwise.. Now I'll just stick to the Boston show... It kind of screws the hardcore fans more than anyone else too.. In the sense that we are more likely to fold and scoop up tickets right away in fear of missing out.. The people that don't care as much will just scoop discounted tickets that didn't sell last minute if tickets don't sell great. Like the Foxboro show.. A bunch of my friends got $300 tickets for $100 the week of the show.. Thousands bought cheap seats and were upgraded.. It is all a scam. I just wish the band cared a bit more. The initial buzz is gone and they should have come back down to earth with the prices.. $278 bucks for a LOGE seat? 

Edited by Tom-Ass

I was okay until all this HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT bulshit, now I just feel cheated. Again.

I'm fine with the lineup and I wasnt really expecting Izzy and Steven to get back to the band, but all this buzz for nothing? Fuck off.

Ill be patientily waiting for the end of NITL, if we dont get anything exciting, then I'm done.

• Like 3

I'm genuinely more interested in Metallica at this point and I've never really been a big Metallica fan. I actually chose to fly to Denver in June to see Metallica rather than see Guns N Roses in Edmonton this summer. I chose to fly 2502 miles to a different country, where I will have to pay for accommodations and have a shitty currency exchange rate to see a band I've never been a huge fan of instead of flying 1200 miles to basically my home town where all my family lives and I could stay for free to see GnR. That tells ya where I'm at with GnR. 

I'm in the minority and am happy with what I got...seeing great shows w/ my friends...making out to NR w/ my sexy hubby in LV (my 12 year old self couldn't ever imagine that)...and I'm looking fwd to a handful of dates this summer/fall as well. I don't expect anything more...I'm not greedy. I don't see any new music coming out in the future and honestly I don't care if they do b/c deep inside I probably wouldn't "love" the new music. Nothing can replace my feeling of a pre-teen/teen listening to their music...so it's more of a nostalgic act for me. Even seeing Metallica this summer...you think I wanna hear their new stuff? nah...just give me what I grew up on. I just like the fact I get to dress up, look and feel amazing, dance to my heart content and get out of the house! :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bono said:

I'm genuinely more interested in Metallica at this point and I've never really been a big Metallica fan. I actually chose to fly to Denver in June to see Metallica rather than see Guns N Roses in Edmonton this summer. I chose to fly 2502 miles to a different country, where I will have to pay for accommodations and have a shitty currency exchange rate to see a band I've never been a huge fan of instead of flying 1200 miles to basically my home town where all my family lives and I could stay for free to see GnR. That tells ya where I'm at with GnR. 

Saw Metallica last week and it kind of sucked... Solely due to the setlist though... The shows right before and after mine had phenomenal setlists and they stuck us with a turd right in the middle of them...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Saw Metallica last week and it kind of sucked... Solely due to the setlist though... The shows right before and after mine had phenomenal setlists and they stuck us with a turd right in the middle of them...

yeah I'm pretty excited for all of it but love that the openers are Volbeat and A7X. I've got VIP passes so it should be a good time regardless of the setlist. I really like Metallica's new album so if they play a a bunch from that I'm good with it. 

4 minutes ago, Bono said:

You're right. GnR seems to be over. Most seem to be letting them go. 

Right, except for the tons of thousands who attend the shows every second night all around the world. You're living in your own little phantasyworld, aren't you?

Edited by xBrownstonex

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

Right, except for the tons of thousands who attend the shows every second night all around the world. You're living in your own little phantasyworld, aren't you?

Yeah the "tons of thousands"  who are attend shows  "every second night".  You're right it's me who's living in the "phantasy world".  GnR are playing 4.5 hour shows too aren't they with nothing but hit after hit after hit and enthralling fans with new kickass music too right? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bono said:

Yeah the "tons of thousands"  who are attend shows  "every second night".  You're right it's me who's living in the "phantasy world".  GnR are playing 4.5 hour shows too aren't they with nothing but hit after hit after hit and enthralling fans with new kickass music too right? 

Sorry, i just have a hard time taking you seriously with that nickname. Go troll somewhere else and let people enjoy whatever the fuck they want.

Edited by xBrownstonex

1 hour ago, Bono said:

First of all: nothing is over. Gn'R is still loved by many, but it is a nostalgia band for now, maybe forever. I think it's biased of you to not consider the absence of Slash from the band and Duff for so long, and the demand there is currently for the live shows.

Secondly, Do you sincerely believe it would have been a smart choice to not cash in now, and enjoy the money, acceptance, and playing together? Axl is gonna take a long time like always to put together another Gn'R album if ever, each band lives by it's own rules. You can't compare Gn'R to Metallica or U2 for example cause they operate differently, and they have very different goals and ways to achieve what they want to accomplish. Different leaders as well.

They have yet to finish the tour. Axl said he'll keep the whole thing going as long as he can. Honestly, seems to me it's just another one of your posts where you shit on the band just cause. It gets old.

To me, Metallica or U2 seems to be "over", not Guns, but then again I'm still a hardcore fan. :shrugs:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1