A Year Later - Where Do You Stand with GN'R?

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

Sorry, i just have a hard time taking you seriously with that nickname. Go troll somewhere else and let people enjoy whatever the fuck they want.

Aww muffin. Are you feeling a little butthurt that a thread dedicated to asking people where they stand with current GnR doesn't produce a collective sound of slurping?  You can't take my nickname seriously?  Maybe if my username was "Axl's Salty Balls" you'd take me VERY seriously. I didn't pick that though so you're outta luck. Also I've been "trolling" this site for way too many years to quit now. 

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

First of all: nothing is over. Gn'R is still loved by many, but it is a nostalgia band for now, maybe forever. I think it's biased to not consider the absence of Slash from the band and Duff for so long, and the demand there is currently for the live shows.

Secondly, Do you sincerely believe it would have been a smart choice to not cash in now, and enjoy the money, acceptance, and playing together? Axl is gonna take a long time like always to put together another Gn'R album if ever, each band lives by it's own rules. You can't compare Gn'R to Metallica or U2 for example cause they operate differently, and they have very different goals and ways to achieve what they want to accomplish. Different leaders as well.

They have yet to finish the tour. Axl said he'll keep it going as long as he can. Honestly, seems to me it's just another one of your posts where you shit on the band just cause. It gets old.

To me, Metallica or U2 seems to be "over", not Guns, but then again I'm still a fan. :shrugs:

You think Metallica and U2 are over? Bands who produce new albums for their fans and still tour regularly and still play all the hits the fans wanna hear?  Jesus H Christ. You do realize GnR could in fact release new music and still play all the fucking hits fans wanna hear PLUS new songs the way U2 and Metallica do right? It's actually insane that you consider U2 and Metallica over and not GnR.  Make the argument all you want that GnR isn't over because they tour that's fine, I get that,  but they are in FACT over as a creative entity. saying u2 and metallica are over is beyond idiotic. Metallica and U2 fans have so much more to be satisfied with than GnR fans.  Also saying stuff like I just shit on the band for the sake of it makes you sound like a door matt.  Anybody shitting on GnR is doing it for incredibly valid reasons.  For you to think people are shitting on GnR for fun tells me you're beyond in denial.  Wake the fuck up dude and look around. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bono said:

You think Metallica and U2 are over? Bands who produce new albums for their fans and still tour regularly and still play all the hits the fans wanna hear?  Jesus H Christ. You do realize GnR could in fact release new music and still play all the fucking hits fans wanna hear PLUS new songs the way U2 and Metallica do right? It's actually insane that you consider U2 and Metallica over and not GnR.  Make the argument all you want that GnR isn't over because they tour that's fine, I get that,  but they are in FACT over as a creative entity. saying u2 and metallica are over is beyond idiotic. Metallica and U2 fans have so much more to be satisfied with than GnR fans.  Also saying stuff like I just shit on the band for the sake of it makes you sound like a door matt.  Anybody shitting on GnR is doing it for incredibly valid reasons.  For you to think people are shitting on GnR for fun tells me you're beyond in denial.  Wake the fuck up dude and look around. 

Quality, not just quantity. I dislike U2 very much and I think Metallica proved with their latest album they're over. Also, I didn't actually read your post past "U2 are over" and then the question mark. Metallica is definitely over though. They don't have anything to say anymore, at least with Guns there's still a chance they'll put out a decent album one day.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Quality, not quantity. I dislike U2 very much and I think Metallica proved with their latest album they're over. Also, I didn't actually read your post past "U2 are over" and then the question mark. Metallica is definitely over though. They don't have anything to say, at least with Guns there's still a chance they'll put out a decent album one day.

Whats next? Justin Bieber fans telling us gnr are over and he isn't?

Just now, Rovim said:

Quality, not quantity. I dislike U2, and I think Metallica proved with their latest album they're over. Also, I didn't actually read your post past "U2 are over" and then the question mark. Metallica is definitely over though. They don't have anything to say, at least with Guns there's still a chance they'll put out a decent album one day.

:lol: Fans like you who would rather no album because you might not like it rather than have an album with the chance of liking it are a joke. Metallica just released a kickass album that a lot of their fans really dig and they are doing a  massive tour this summer. Your opinion that they are over if flat out stupid.  metallica have nothing to say as if to suggest we're all waiting on pins and needles for Guns n Roses to drop some profound truth on us? Ok buddy.  Also U2 is doing a massive kick ass tour celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Joshua Tree and are releasing an incredible box set to commemorate it, all the while debuting a new song on tour and promising a new album shortly. While they're doing that GnR is ignoring the 30th anniversary of AFD.  You're right Rovim GnR's quality the last 25 years is much cooler for fans than Metallica and U2's quantity. I can't help but roll my eyes at geeks who use that "quality over quantity" bullshit. You're a liar if you say you would rather have things the way they are now over 3 or 4 more GnR albums or even 1 new album post CD.

The fact you didn't read past  "U2 are over" in my last post just tells me you know you're full of fucking shit and have no desire to read a post pointing it out. 

12 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Whats next? Justin Bieber fans telling us gnr are over and he isn't?

Dude I'm probably a bigger GnR fan than you will ever be. Your hang up on my username and the fact I enjoy other bands including U2 makes you look so fucking lame

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bono said:

:lol: Fans like you who would rather no album because you might not like it rather than have an album with the chance of liking it are a joke.

No, I would rather have an album now or even yesterday. I just accept Axl is not very prolific as a musician and I like every album he released so far. His process is slow it seems, it's not about me, it's about how long until it's ready if ever. If this is too complex for you to grasp, I can simplify it even further.

Edited by Rovim

56 minutes ago, Rovim said:

No, I would rather have an album now or even yesterday. I just accept Axl is not very prolific as a musician and I like every album he released so far. His process is slow it seems, it's not about me, it's about how long until it's ready if ever. If this is too complex for you to grasp, I can simplify it even further.

:lol: His process is slow it seems?  Unreal. You don't fool anybody. If the roles were reversed and say a band like U2 or whoever had released one album in 26 years while GnR had released 6 albums and 7 live dvd's spanning six different tours you'd be praising GnR for their productivity while mocking the band who had 1 album in that time. Don't even try to deny it. You're "quality over quantity" bullshit is as fake as it gets. It's pointless talking about this shit with people like you because you seem to think that being a fan means praising every move and coming up with absurd justifications for the fuckery. A real fan could never possibly point out the joke it's long since become. That's just silly talk.  Real fans don't have thoughts of their own, they simply get on their knees and say "yes master however you like" 

2 hours ago, Bono said:

:lol: His process is slow it seems?  Unreal. You don't fool anybody. If the roles were reversed and say a band like U2 or whoever had released one album in 26 years while GnR had released 6 albums and 7 live dvd's spanning six different tours you'd be praising GnR for their productivity while mocking the band who had 1 album in that time. Don't even try to deny it. You're "quality over quantity" bullshit is as fake as it gets. It's pointless talking about this shit with people like you because you seem to think that being a fan means praising every move and coming up with absurd justifications for the fuckery. A real fan could never possibly point out the joke it's long since become. That's just silly talk.  Real fans don't have thoughts of their own, they simply get on their knees and say "yes master however you like" 

Took you a while to get back to me with a reply, just simplifyin'. There are no if's, the roles are not reversed, which is what I was trying to explain to you. Again, it's not about me, it's about this particular band and this specific ginger. We know he takes his time when it comes to Guns albums, it's a fact. I think I also know like many others here why that is and it's been talked about many times for years now.

As for the rest of your post... ok, nvm.

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, Bono said:

yeah I'm pretty excited for all of it but love that the openers are Volbeat and A7X. I've got VIP passes so it should be a good time regardless of the setlist. I really like Metallica's new album so if they play a a bunch from that I'm good with it. 

A7X wasn't at out show. We had Local H, Mix Master Mike and Volbeat, but we were out tailgating. Mix master Mike was DJing in between each band so I caught his last set. he was mixing all kinds of Metal like Slayer and Sepultura. It was actually cool..

So I like most of the new album new actually. Moth To Flame was killer and I love Now That We're Dead... There were a few other slots in the set where they rotate that kind of sucked though. Like these...

Show before and after us got Creeping Death and Ride The Lightning in the 3rd Slot... We got fucking Fuel....

They both got Sanitarium in another where we got Halo On Fire.. One of the songs I don't like off the new album at all.

They both got Harvester Of Sorrow where we got Wherever I may Roam..

There were a couple other slots that are tough to bitch about because they are still old school either was but they got Whiplash or Four Horsemen where we got Motorbreath... They also got Blackened where we got Fight Fire With Fire.. Blackened and Four Horsemen are 2 of my all time favorites but I was a little bummed about that but tt was the first 3 examples that kind of deflated it.. It is cool that they switch it up though and I give them credit for that but the cards just didn't fall in the right place for us.. It was even worse for people that didn't like the new album.. They still sounded good and the good song were killer.. Unfortunately they didn't kick it into full gear until about half way through..

I was following the sets and they seem to have good ones more often than not. Like I said the shows before and after us had killer setlists, hopefully yours does too \m/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Right, except for the tons of thousands who attend the shows every second night all around the world. You're living in your own little phantasyworld, aren't you?

The Police and Simon and Garfunkel also filled stadiums during their reunion tours. We're these shows great? No. 

Guns n' Roses is a brand which will always sell tickets, like Matrix, you know...the 1st movie was epic and perfect, while the sequels were horrible. Do I hate The Matrix and am I just bullying the Wachowski Brothers, I mean sisters, no, I'm not. It's just a fact, when most people say: GnR were great til 1993, but since then, nah. 

Being a real fan is not licking Axl's ass, its about constructive criticism, too. Axl is ignoring it totally, which makes a lot of fans angry. And guys like you are co-responsible for the fact that we still have no real reunion. 

Edited by 2414225
  • Like 1

where do i stand?

utter indifference.

It was exciting last year but I want to see a full AFD5 renunion.  IT didn't happen and it will never happen. 

So i don't care and my life will move on,

Furthermore, I've gotten turned off by left-wing Duff McKagen so its probably all for the best. 

I feel like i might be in a minority here, but I still absolutely love the reunion!  We all waited and wished for this for years. I'm finally getting to witness this version of Guns as an active band. Now is the time to just enjoy it. I saw GNR on Saturday night and they were amazing. They played almost 3 hours and made over 80000 people happy. Isn't that what it's all about? 

Anyone who listened should have known that they were always going to tour for a long time. They still have plenty of places to hit. 

The people at the show don't care how much rasp Axl uses, or about the setlist, or new music/dvds. They just want to have a good time. 

This tour could be the last time we ever see Axl/Slash share a stage. It could be the last time we ever see Axl in public. Enjoy it for what it is and if new stuff comes then that's a bonus.

Too many people want this reunion to be what they want it to be. 

• Like 1

On 27 May 2017 at 2:54 AM, coolranchdressing! said:

I'm in the minority and am happy with what I got...seeing great shows w/ my friends...making out to NR w/ my sexy hubby in LV (my 12 year old self couldn't ever imagine that)...and I'm looking fwd to a handful of dates this summer/fall as well. I don't expect anything more...I'm not greedy. I don't see any new music coming out in the future and honestly I don't care if they do b/c deep inside I probably wouldn't "love" the new music. Nothing can replace my feeling of a pre-teen/teen listening to their music...so it's more of a nostalgic act for me. Even seeing Metallica this summer...you think I wanna hear their new stuff? nah...just give me what I grew up on. I just like the fact I get to dress up, look and feel amazing, dance to my heart content and get out of the house! :P

Although I'm not female, I totally get this opinion on it all. 

I went to Sydney night 1, and I loved it. The whole experience was awesome, travelling down in the heat, cold beer in hand across from the stadium listening to sound check in 47 degree heat and watching all the hardcore fans lobbing in, for me, you can't beat that! Then the show opened, it's so easy blaring out and 75 thousand people going ape, it was so good. 

maybe im not as hard to please or just easily pleased, I don't know but I had a kick arse time and I'd go again! 

Im not dismissing some of the more common reasons or people being annoyed with the band because I agree on moat of them. 

I can fully understand people being annoyed or over it all because of no new music, no interaction with the fans, no interviews, no release of vault material ect etc etc

ive made my peace with the idea that we may never hear a new song, I would prefer a new album, I would prefer Steven izzy present too, I'd prefer an interview or something that opened up and gave us information on the burning questions, I'd prefer to hear less covers, more deep cuts or whatever, but that's just the say it is unfortunately! 

For what it's worth, I had a 10 out of 10 time at my gig! 

• Like 2

I joined this forum like 13 years ago and GNR will always be my favorite band... but this reunion is fucking boring, man!

I mean god bless Axl, Slash and Duff -- they've given me so much; they owe me nothing. I think they're amazing and always will haha. I just... I thought they would want more as creative entities than what is currently being offered. If they just wanted to feel the love one more time and get massive cash I don't blame them... but I might not even go to the Vancouver show.... which is crazy if you know me! :) 

I can deal without AFD5.... but instead of just trying to offer glimpses of their past greatness I want to see them as musicians *now*. Covering all kinds of songs and creating new stuff! Working together... bein' a band. 

Edited by Ant

14 hours ago, Ant said:

I joined this forum like 13 years ago and GNR will always be my favorite band... but this reunion is fucking boring, man!

I mean god bless Axl, Slash and Duff -- they've given me so much; they owe me nothing. I think they're amazing and always will haha. I just... I thought they would want more as creative entities than what is currently being offered. If they just wanted to feel the love one more time and get massive cash I don't blame them... but I might not even go to the Vancouver show.... which is crazy if you know me! :) 

I can deal without AFD5.... but instead of just trying to offer glimpses of their past greatness I want to see them as musicians *now*. Covering all kinds of songs and creating new stuff! Working together... bein' a band. 

We don't know that they won't make new music.  We do know that Axl played music for Slash + Duff and they liked it.  

Maybe after the tour.

12 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

We get to see and hear everything the moment it happens and we just want more and more and more. And in the end nothing, be it AFD5 or a new album, fully satisfies us.

That theory has hardly been put to the test, has it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That theory has hardly been put to the test, has it?

more or less.  For years people wanted Axl and Slash back together.  Lots of people said they'd be satisfied if they were even just on friendly terms.

They are back in Guns together along with Duff, touring the world, playing almost 3 hour long sets including Coma and Double Talkin Jive to sold out crowds.

Even if they did an original 5 reunion and released a blue-ray of the show, I can assure you some people would still say new music or nothing.

• Like 2