A Year Later - Where Do You Stand with GN'R?

21 hours ago, zombux said:

just found out this YCBM cover:

I must say that in this particular song, Snowy Shaw sounds better than Axl nowadays, lol! yeah yeah, I know it's unfair to compare live performance to a studio cover, but still... 

now, start stoning me, pls. ;)

I'm sorry, but that was... Not very good. It just goes to show that "heavy" is an attitude, not a guitar tone or double bass drum pedal. That's what bands don't understand, turning up your distortion DOES NOT make you a heavier band, it just makes your sound "muddy". Guns n Roses 2017 piss all over this, sorry.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I'm sorry, but that was... Not very good. It just goes to show that "heavy" is an attitude, not a guitar tone or double bass drum pedal. That's what bands don't understand, turning up your distortion DOES NOT make you a heavier band, it just makes your sound "muddy". Guns n Roses 2017 piss all over this, sorry.

Agree 100%, this was a waste of time for all involved. The attempt to "metal-ize" such an amazing song has sucked the heaviness and spirit right out of it! It just sounds like a mess. And then there's the naked dudes, it's like they went out of their way to deliver a huge runny turd of a cover in both the audio and visual departments.

On 6/18/2017 at 5:29 PM, zombux said:

just found out this YCBM cover:

I must say that in this particular song, Snowy Shaw sounds better than Axl nowadays, lol! yeah yeah, I know it's unfair to compare live performance to a studio cover, but still... 

now, start stoning me, pls. ;)

I can crank a better tone out of my Line 6 Mini Spider

The reunion tour is the next level of success for GNR though. They are now like the Stones in the 90s, this huge established band with a legendary place in rock history. I had most of the Stones pre 90s albums and that primed me for Voodoo Lounge but the past always seemed better. But now Voodoo Lounge does have some cool songs. Love is Strong, Thru and Thru, Out of Tears, You got me rocking. Everything becomes nostalgia in the end. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Really wish Slash would bring back the electric patience solo with the double neck, god damn that solo was beautiful. Before they reunited, I wanted nothing more than to hear that solo live.

Edited by pugachev
  • Like 1

when this thread was first made, i commented that they havent circulated around the globe yet and we need to let them do this tour properly and see it off. What i meant by that, was.. finish Australasia, do the UK/Europe, and then come home and get to work on whats next.

Since i made that comment, they have added the arena shows in the US and rock in rio as well by the looks of it. If endless touring back accross the planet doing arenas in smaller cities is their next plan, with no change in line up (no izzy or steven) and no noticeable changes to what they are doing now, then my interest will drop right off.

Sure ill visit the forum, still have my feeds on FB for news and whatever.. but my heightened interest will definitely be placed elsewhere. If they have no plans for music in the next 12 months while the iron is hot, then it will never happen in my opinion.