Would 1988 Axl, Slash and Duff like the show they are putting on in 2017

I can't help wondering as we are coming up to 30 years, if you gave 1988 Guns N Roses a run down of where they would be in 2017, what would they have to say about themselves? forget about how they got to this point, its the current tour I'm thinking about. What would they dislike the most, a pseudo-reunion, band members, big budget corporate shows, unchanging set list with a shit load of covers? Would they gripe over the same things we do or would it just be like Holy Shit, yeah we're still alive and making money.

• Like 1

I've got to believe Axl's biggest regret is....ahem (vomit in mouth a little) the fact that he called his non Slash, Duff band  Guns n Roses" and the total waste of 1994-2015.  All over some  stupid drug, alcohol, lawyer, yes men, power hungry, ego trip petty stuff.  If Axl's inner circle wasn't so far up his ass they woulda sat him down in say '97-'99 and said "your little Nu GnR thing is cute and all but call Slash and let's go!"   

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Epson said:

- Who is she?

- She is your second keyboardist

- WTF, SECOND?

LOL! If there's one gripe I have about this tour, it's Melissa. I have nothing against her personally. She seems like a sweet, fun girl, but she does not fit. I know there are disgruntled fans and haters, and her presence just fuels that fire. 

• Like 4

I remember Slash making a comment regarding Axls Illusions vision saying something like: 'you mean you've been planning this the whole time?'  That Axl had a secret long-game involving lots of changes and grandure.

If this anything to go by, I think everyone except Axl would be appalled, but Axl would say: "30 years?  That was my forty year plan!  What happened to my trilogy of dark techno rock?"

• Like 1

i think they would be disappointed with themselves.  disappointed that there weren't more albums, more songs, more of a legacy.  i think the whole 1993-2016 period would break their hearts.  i think axl would be ashamed of himself that he tried to replace his family, his true bandmates.  

on the other hand, i think they'd be pleased about the reconciliation, i think they'd be both proud and impressed by the body of work they were able to create under such circumstances, and i think they'd be embarrassed by the lazy set lists.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Original said:

If Axl's inner circle wasn't so far up his ass they woulda sat him down in say '97-'99 and said "your little Nu GnR thing is cute and all but call Slash and let's go!"   

More like if his circle wouldn't have reduced to a nanny and her teenage children. That's all he had in 97-99. :shrugs:

• Like 3