Phil Rudd's Band...

James Bond

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I can't be the only one who thinks he looks like a coked-up 70 year old Daniel Craig in the still shot there. 

Oh my God... :lol:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Phil's band is having a concert in my town next month. I was thinking about going to the show, but now (after seeing the video) I'm not that sure about it :nervous:

Go anyways. I'm sure there's a pretty good chance to meet him around the pub when he collects his drink tokens.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sosso said:

When did he said this? 

I can't remember the exact interview but it was one of those interviews where he started to spill the beans about Phil not showing up for the ROB sessions and when he finally did he wasn't the old Phil and was missing half his teeth. I think it was one of those sit downs with Angus and Brian. I watched so many around that time that I can't remember the exact one.

• Like 1

Great interview with Phil Rudd

https://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Phil-Rudd-interview-quotKiss-were-like-a-cartoon-bandquot/31259/

What was the 1977 European tour you did with Black Sabbath like?

Oh, it was horrible. Their PA was dreadful. But, you get your start where you can. We went on from that to tour with Kiss in America. We weren't there to support them, we were there to take their audiences.

Towards the end of the 1970s you played your first run of American stadium tours, playing with the likes of Aerosmith, Kiss, Styx, UFO, Blue Oyster Cult and Cheap Trick. Which band's audiences were maybe a tough slog to win over? 

Probably the Kiss audiences because they were so young. They were all taken there by their mums and dads, holding their hands, marching them out when we came on. “You're not having any of this, son”.

There were some great bands to support. We had quite a lot of requests for our songs on the radio and we started to walk into some really good gigs. We had already done a lot of shows by then, so we'd worked our way up pretty well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Someone posted a "full" set on Dime (Audio) - Shot Down In Flames and RNR Damnation are the only two AC/DC songs. Also, the whole set is only like 11 songs and 45 mins. 

Makes it all the more funny to see the Phil fanboys in the YouTube comments talking about how they'd rather see this band than AC/DC and Head Job was far superior to Rock or Bust. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Makes it all the more funny to see the Phil fanboys in the YouTube comments talking about how they'd rather see this band than AC/DC and Head Job was far superior to Rock or Bust. :lol:

there are some very misguided people commenting on YouTube. i once made a comment that i thought Chris Cornell was better on Hunger Strike than Eddie Vedder and i was attacked like a pit bull after a poodle! called the C word, threatened and there was such an uproar cos of the Eddie Vedder fanboys they took my comment down cos i guess these fanboys were having nervous breakdowns! :lol:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

15 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

there are some very misguided people commenting on YouTube. i once made a comment that i thought Chris Cornell was better on Hunger Strike than Eddie Vedder and i was attacked like a pit bull after a poodle! called the C word, threatened and there was such an uproar cos of the Eddie Vedder fanboys they took my comment down cos i guess these fanboys were having nervous breakdowns! :lol:

I'm sure the majority who post those kind of vulgar comments do so purely for shock value. Pathetic bastards!

Oh and Chris Cornell > Eddie Vedder, all day long (not even close). :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, James Bond said:

they'd rather see this band than AC/DC and Head Job was far superior to Rock or Bust. :lol:

:lol:

Edited by bucketfoot