A Thousand Horses

The Real McCoy

Spinoff from the "That Ain't Country" thread!

These guys are classified as country, and their first radio single, "Smoke", did go to #1 on the country radio charts, but they're basically Southern rock and the new Black Crowes as far as I'm concerned. Rich Robinson even co-wrote one of the songs on their "Southernality" album. They're also VERY cool guys to hang out with. Take a listen:

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Spinoff from the "That Ain't Country" thread!

These guys are classified as country, and their first radio single, "Smoke", did go to #1 on the country radio charts, but they're basically Southern rock and the new Black Crowes as far as I'm concerned. Rich Robinson even co-wrote one of the songs on their "Southernality" album. They're also VERY cool guys to hang out with. Take a listen:

i like these a lot :)

I liked the song "First Time" which definitely had a Black Crowes vibe but the other two songs sounded too much like the poppy nucountry stuff  they call Country Music today which is not my cup of tea....

I love the Crowes and have seen them at least half a dozen times live so I have been on a Black Crowes listening jag the last month and have been listening to all the Instant Live CD's I bought on sale several years ago and they have an amazing catalog.......wish Chris Robinson was not such an ahole, and difficult to get along with, as it would be great to see them tour again.........

JDog if you are a big Rich Robinson fan check out his new band Magpie Salute which includes Marc Ford on guitar and the Crowes bass player. I just got tickets yesterday to see them in Boston and I am really looking forward to that show..........

http://themagpiesalute.com/

44 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

I liked the song "First Time" which definitely had a Black Crowes vibe but the other two songs sounded too much like the poppy nucountry stuff  they call Country Music today which is not my cup of tea....

I love the Crowes and have seen them at least half a dozen times live so I have been on a Black Crowes listening jag the last month and have been listening to all the Instant Live CD's I bought on sale several years ago and they have an amazing catalog.......wish Chris Robinson was not such an ahole, and difficult to get along with, as it would be great to see them tour again.........

JDog if you are a big Rich Robinson fan check out his new band Magpie Salute which includes Marc Ford on guitar and the Crowes bass player. I just got tickets yesterday to see them in Boston and I am really looking forward to that show..........

http://themagpiesalute.com/

I've seen the Crowes a lot over the years, and have the complete set of Instant Live CDs as well. Some real gems on those!

Did you ever post on the Amorica2 board by any chance?

Also: here's one more ATH song for you to check out:

Edited by The Real McCoy